Ninja H2 banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just got a Zero Gravity DB screen, does anyone have a tip on how to fit it to the oem screen base with the well nuts. Seems a bit fiddly but if just a case of persistence then fair enough.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Just got a Zero Gravity DB screen, does anyone have a tip on how to fit it to the oem screen base with the well nuts. Seems a bit fiddly but if just a case of persistence then fair enough.
It was a few years ago I fitted the screen but I think I used a tiny bit of silicon grease on the well nuts and it went together quite easily just using finger pressure. I expect liquid soap would work too but the grease is good for preserving rubber components.

Tip: first fit the wide end of the well nuts through the holes from the inside of the screen then pop the frame on.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks BobC, I had used a little lubricant around the well nut flanges, but had put them on the base first, then tried the screen. I'll try your method of screen first, then base frame.

·
Registered
367 Posts
All sorted! Fitted the screen as per BobC method, still a tight squeeze but with a little grease the well nuts pushed through the base frame, thanks BobC.

Side note: I had originally planned on getting the Corsa screen after reading all the reviews on both DB and Corsa, and the videos online of both side by side on 2 H2's. Only I tabbed the wrong picture when ordering and didn't realise till I rechecked my order, DO'H.

Still, now I have the DB on it actually looks quite good, and compliments the lines of the front fairing very well. May still order a Corsa later just for interest.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts