Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I telephoned Calsport (UK) on Thursday to ask if they had a clear Zero Gravity Corsa screen for my H2 in stock. They did and took my order over the phone.

It arrived on Friday. Excellent, fast service. Thanks to Chris at Calsport.

Nearly set for the first Top-Speed Tuesday at Elvington on March 15th. Just have to remove the mirrors, the rear lighting rig and a few small adjustments and checks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
This should help out a lot compared to that stock wind screen. I ordered the same one. No more dark screens for me.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Had a new rear RS10 fitted last week and decided to go down a tooth to 19/43 while I was at it. I had the bike geared 19/42 but I think it was a tad high for the 220bhp my bike makes on the stock exhaust system. Good for 209mph at 12,000rpm on 19/43.

Decided to give the chain a good clean and lube too while I was in tinkering mood and checked the front RS10 pressure too. Now THAT'S why the handling felt heavy the other day when I took it for a photo shoot, it was down to 25psi. This was the first time out of the garage since before Christmas - teach me not to check !!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
All ready for Top Speed Tuesday next week at Elvington.

I was hoping to scrub the new RS10 in before the meeting but it's either been raining or, when it's been dry, it's been below zero overnight and they've been spreading salt over the roads.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Good luck :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
stunning mate just on the look out for a screen

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just received my Zero Gravity windscreen for the H2R as it says on the package, and it does not fit. Not even remotely close. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just received my Zero Gravity windscreen for the H2R as it says on the package, and it does not fit. Not even remotely close. Anyone else have this problem?
Unless someone on this site has received a screen that fitted an H2R I would say there is a fair chance they assumed they were the same screen as the H2 ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unless someone on this site has received a screen that fitted an H2R I would say there is a fair chance they assumed they were the same screen as the H2 ?
I spoke to them directly and it was stated that it fits the H2R. Unfortunately for me it did not.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The H2R screen is different, four fixing holes, while the H2 has three.

Look at my thumbnail at the top of this topic or this image, you can just about make out the difference.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
All ready for Top Speed Tuesday next week at Elvington.

Enjoy! Have a great time. Let us know the results.
Back from Elvington late last night. It was very cold and windy, just six degrees with an overcast sky and a stiff breeze blowing from the North East. Unfortunately we were set up to run into the wind, so top speeds were well down. My H2 best was 196.8mph - but to put this into context the next fastest bike in the modified stock class was a very nice ZZR1400 (ZX14R) who went 201 last year and he was around 10mph slower than me.

Even the big turbo bikes were having difficulties. My friend Mike wheelied across the line on his Hayabusa turbo when the wind caught it - he did a 215mph wheelie. It was a good test and tune day though and a shake down after the winter lay off. Strangely I didn't notice the cold once I got going, too much else to think about.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The H2R screen is different, four fixing holes, while the H2 has three.

Look at my thumbnail at the top of this topic or this image, you can just about make out the difference.
We are sending the windscreen to Zero Gravity off my H2R. They are going to make a corse double bubble for the H2R. They will have it finished by the 3rd of April.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Back from Elvington late last night. It was very cold and windy, just six degrees with an overcast sky and a stiff breeze blowing from the North East. Unfortunately we were set up to run into the wind, so top speeds were well down. My H2 best was 196.8mph - but to put this into context the next fastest bike in the modified stock class was a very nice ZZR1400 (ZX14R) who went 201 last year and he was around 10mph slower than me.

Even the big turbo bikes were having difficulties. My friend Mike wheelied across the line on his Hayabusa turbo when the wind caught it - he did a 215mph wheelie. It was a good test and tune day though and a shake down after the winter lay off. Strangely I didn't notice the cold once I got going, too much else to think about.

Sorry to hear of the weather. Sounds like you did very well in spite of the conditions. As you said, a great opportunity to test / tune and learn the unique characteristics of these bikes. The ability to be willing to take the time to learn these bikes is extremely important. My team and I have been crunching the numbers of performance and then I pilot the bike based on these numbers. I am in no way near a professional rider, have never done a wheelie on purpose. They are intimidating to me. LOL It is a process no doubt, and the challenge is to be patient enough to pursue and fulfill the plan. I was doing a 1/2 mile event on the H2R this past Sunday. I reached 191.975 with no wheelie at any point. For reference I reached 204.5 in a mile in October wheeling each gear, and even at 170MPH shifting to the next gear the bike came up to 33 degrees. At this event my 1/2 mile was 174.87. I should also explain I am not a small individual, like most of the guys i see flying down the runway. With my gear on I weigh 260. We have been gathering the data through 4 different events now and progress has been tremendous. Based on the data collected and the adjustments in riding we will reach 200MPH in the 1/2 mile next event, while still exerting the same level of control.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We are sending the windscreen to Zero Gravity off my H2R. They are going to make a corse double bubble for the H2R. They will have it finished by the 3rd of April.
I should have also said that the H2 screen mounts on a plastic frame which fixes to the fairing of the bike. The H2R screen has no frame and mounts straight on to the fairing.

The reason I went for the Corsa design was because the Double Bubble screen is too narrow. The Corsa is a similar height but wider and offers a better coefficient of drag.

Photo of it in action from yesterday.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thought this might be helpful regarding the difference of Corsa vs. DB:

DB:

Corsa:

Compared. In the middle the height of both shields are pretty much identical but in the area where the DB slopes down giving it that shape the Corsa is about 1.25" higher:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice, I see the rear of a Ferrari f430 if I'm not mistaken in that last pic? I looked at those but couldn't bear to part with my modded 996tt I have owned for years. 👍

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
X
Nice, I see the rear of a Ferrari f430 if I'm not mistaken in that last pic? I looked at those but couldn't bear to part with my modded 996tt I have owned for years. ��
Yup... My wife & I took the factory tour in Maranello while the car was being built, very cool experience.

@vinhemi - Been a while since you asked, sorry, but got the screens from Zero Gravitys website. The DB has a really neat look to it, matches those creases in the H2s cowl but prefer the Corsa for it's slightly better wind protection & fighter canopy appearance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts