Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very good quality, has a real nice look. First choice was clear, but the wait would have been 4 weeks vs. 2 days. I wasn't certain I was going to like it at first, but its growing on me. I haven't ridden with it yet, rainy today.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I went for the Zero Gravity Corsa too but had to have the clear for LSR as I'm looking through it at over 200 and you have to see detail so far ahead. They are well made screens, the Corsa being a little higher and wider than the stock item but it doesn't spoil the lines of the H2.

I once rode a Busa belonging to a friend at a top speed meeting. It had a titanium screen and it was verging on dangerous trying to peer through it at those speeds. I've stuck with clear ever since.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the same screen on light smoke and looks the mutts and much better than standard for motorway speeds

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, I really like it after looking at it for a few hours. They did a beautiful job on the lines of this screen, gives that 'roadrace', look I was after for sure. And hey Bob, I hear you loud and clear sir, the pics of you going flat out was what made me gravitate towards this screen. Its functionality was obvious, especially with all the fantastic results you have achieved. Its impossible to argue with success. I am gonna pick up one in clear as well, there are times when I am at full tuck and I know I am gonna want that better visibility. I absolutely love this machine. Trying to pick my upgrades very carefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah, I really like it after looking at it for a few hours. They did a beautiful job on the lines of this screen, gives that 'roadrace', look I was after for sure. And hey Bob, I hear you loud and clear sir, the pics of you going flat out was what made me gravitate towards this screen. Its functionality was obvious, especially with all the fantastic results you have achieved. Its impossible to argue with success. I am gonna pick up one in clear as well, there are times when I am at full tuck and I know I am gonna want that better visibility. I absolutely love this machine. Trying to pick my upgrades very carefully.
Because I don't have the bike yet and have never seen one in the flesh, please pardon the stupid questions I ask. Most screens just look wrong to me. And second I thought the Kwak engineers did an optimum aero package.
Why are guys going with an aftermarket screen? Better protection from the wind, aeros, looks, quality, optical correctness, all of the above?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
For me,it's the wind shaping.I haven't ridden my bike with my new ZG DB yet.But I do feel the same way...the stock package aero's wise is really good.I think most of these aftermarket screens are designed for very high speeds.I don't intend to ride quite like I used to anymore.Gotta get back to 'reality' these days.Hard to do with this bike...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Because I don't have the bike yet and have never seen one in the flesh, please pardon the stupid questions I ask. Most screens just look wrong to me. And second I thought the Kwak engineers did an optimum aero package.
Why are guys going with an aftermarket screen? Better protection from the wind, aeros, looks, quality, optical correctness, all of the above?
Ted, the Kawasaki engineers did an excellent job with the aerodynamics of the bike, only they forgot about the rider.

Look at this picture of me and you'll see that my chest is on the tank, so is the chin of my helmet and I'm still not out of the airflow. It's quite a short bike too and my elbows cannot tuck in any more because my knees are in the way and from the front you would also see that my shoulders are stuck out beyond the fairing - see what it's doing to the shape of my suit and that's armoured. It all creates drag, at last weekend's records meeting I wore my old leathers which are a bit tighter to avoid this. I'm just average height and with the stock screen it's even worse. It will only work with a really small rider.

The bike's quite comfortable up to 100mph but you should remember that at 200mph it's not twice the force acting on you it's four times the force.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ted, the Kawasaki engineers did an excellent job with the aerodynamics of the bike, only they forgot about the rider.

Look at this picture of me and you'll see that my chest is on the tank, so is the chin of my helmet and I'm still not out of the airflow. It's quite a short bike too and my elbows cannot tuck in any more because my knees are in the way and from the front you would also see that my shoulders are stuck out beyond the fairing - see what it's doing to the shape of my suit and that's armoured. It all creates drag, at last weekend's records meeting I wore my old leathers which are a bit tighter to avoid this. I'm just average height and with the stock screen it's even worse. It will only work with a really small rider.

The bike's quite comfortable up to 100mph but you should remember that at 200mph it's not twice the force acting on you it's four times the force.
Thanks, that answered my questions.
And yes I do remember the force acting against you. I had a 2000 ZX12 that was pushing close to 200mph (got it to an indicated 205ish). And have had the 10 bang into the speed limiter multiple times. Felt like I got hit by a brick.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Still not decided between the Corsa or DB ZG screens. h2madness!, if you could post a pic of your DB on this thread it would be great!

Don.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Not a bad shot of my buddy Mike's DB. If you want my unvarnished opinion after getting to see and absorb and walk around both, the db looks kinda dated on the h2. A lot of people love it, dont get me wrong, and maybe its because I was around and riding when the db's first started being widely used. They look terrific on a gen 1 busa. But on the H? I think the H looks fantastic with the function over form look of the corsa style. Like a fighter jet canopy or an ICBM nose cone. I am also gonna order one in clear, was just too impatient at first to wait the 4-weeks order fill time. Hopefully it wont take that long. The customer service at ZG is excellent, and the quality and fit and finish is top shelf.
just my 2c bud. Whatever screen you choose, its still gonna look sic!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts