Ninja H2 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a video on YouTube showing how hard it is the keep this bike planted , this is my standard /stock H2 .
Yes I know I can short shift but it's impossible to give my bike full throttle going through the gears, even in this video the bikes throttle is being backed off to prevent it climbing too high .
A still image from my GoPro shows it lifting at 103 MPH in 3rd gear , it dose this in KTC 1 or 2

Search" struggling to keep the front down on standard Kawasaki H2 "
Sorry I'm unable to post links or video's due to being a puta dunce ☹

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Jesus, maybe try a little less with the jerky hard throttle control !....Its not a chicken's neck that you are killing. Go easyyyyyyyy

You are also slamming the throttle closed as it rises and then twisting it open again as the suspension is just starting to rebound...The suspension is shooting you even higher.

Did you notice you are on the wrong side of the road :)

NOLA

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesus, maybe try a little less with the jerky hard throttle control !....Its not a chicken's neck that you are killing. Go easyyyyyyyy

You are also slamming the throttle closed as it rises and then twisting it open again as the suspension is just starting to rebound...The suspension is shooting you even higher.

Did you notice you are on the wrong side of the road :)

NOLA
Jerky hand control , choking the chicken ,shooting it higher ! Thought I has signed into my "other site " .
Yes I'm playing to the camera and being deliberately aggressive with a throttle but it's does illustrate how powerful this bike is .
You can ride a 150 BHP like this and apart from first gear it just goes forward not up !

·
Registered
331 Posts
As NOLA sail screw the throttle on smoothly. KTRC will help you with this more when the front lifts more SLOWLY. KTRC must detect the lifted front wheel is slowing to engage. When I roll on gradually I feel the front just lift nice and easy and just keep rolling it on. At this point I think the KTRC is on the throttles and the front wheel just skips along. I do this with KTRC set at 1+ or 2-. Of course this is all a balancing act with variable rear tire slip and others so you need to find the right KTRC setting and opening throttle rate for your situation. KTRC on this bike is not for wheelie control but understanding how it works you can make it work more for you and maybe save your bacon.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So this was a purposeful video ? You make it sound like you don't know why its doing this. You aren't "struggling to keep the front end down" you are slamming the throttle open and closed. I could do this on a 600 and get the same result thru third gear.

I do applaud your squid gear though. :)

NOLA

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
As NOLA sail screw the throttle on smoothly. KTRC will help you with this more when the front lifts more SLOWLY. KTRC must detect the lifted front wheel is slowing to engage. When I roll on gradually I feel the front just lift nice and easy and just keep rolling it on. At this point I think the KTRC is on the throttles and the front wheel just skips along. I do this with KTRC set at 1+ or 2-. Of course this is all a balancing act with variable rear tire slip and others so you need to find the right KTRC setting and opening throttle rate for your situation. KTRC on this bike is not for wheelie control but understanding how it works you can make it work more for you and maybe save your bacon.

He doesnt want answers as to why its doing this or how to fix it. This is a "look at me" video. I assume we all misunderstood it as someone asking for a solution.

I feel like I just clicked on a link for "You wont believe what Pam Anderson had happen to her"...and the link say nothing happened to her and here is her new shampoo shes selling. Misdirection.

NOLA

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As the great man Winston Churchill said " you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time "
I think you are over analysing and dissecting a 30 second video ment to entertain " some of the people " .

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@supercharged + "My bike is so powerful I can barely keep it on the ground, watch my video"

lol

NOLA

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Not sure of the purpose of this video.

There are some bikes where you get onto 100% throttle and wait for speed to build. Then there are bikes with real power which you have to treat with some respect and only use as much throttle as needed, especially in the lower gears. The H2 is one of THOSE bikes.

I use mine in LSR and can get off the line now without picking up the wheel, which might be less crowd pleasing but is by far quicker.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not sure of the purpose of this video.

There are some bikes where you get onto 100% throttle and wait for speed to build. Then there are bikes with real power which you have to treat with some respect and only use as much throttle as needed, especially in the lower gears. The H2 is one of THOSE bikes.

I use mine in LSR and can get off the line now without picking up the wheel, which might be less crowd pleasing but is by far quicker.
Kudo's to Bob's comment, on my BMW for the most part in 2nd gear and up open the throttle and wait patiently (lol) for the increasing acceleration load to follow, on the H2 like he said your brain and muscle memory need to calibrate what response you will get, the smoother slightly slower or faster (in the upper gears) the better. You know you have a hooligan between your legs, you need to respect her and learn and adapt to her rules.

Rhody...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So this was a purposeful video ? You make it sound like you don't know why its doing this. You aren't "struggling to keep the front end down" you are slamming the throttle open and closed. I could do this on a 600 and get the same result thru third gear.

I do applaud your squid gear though. :)

NOLA
I look forward to seeing your video showing me how it's done but I would recommend that you wear gloves as this type of riding with a rusty frame is not recommended .

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't post videos of myself riding, just weird.

Your joke doesn't even make any sense, but good effort.
Wow, you read my posting on the thread, good story bro.

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
ok that was 10 min. of my life I'll never get back...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes it's a tough crowd. Up until now this has been a more or less serious website for Ninja H2 riders.

Personally I'd like to keep it that way and I don't think videos of poor riding and law breaking belong here.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes it's a tough crowd. Up until now this has been a more or less serious website for Ninja H2 riders.

Personally I'd like to keep it that way and I don't think videos of poor riding and law breaking belong here.
Yes too true , I will be passing on your comments to the rider when I next see him .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts