Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an advance sample of the new Yoshimura tail tidy fender eliminator kit which will be available this month. It will retail for $149.95. It is very well designed and incorporates holders for original turn signals which can be mounted wide or narrow (pictures are narrow). Holders for aftermarket turn signals also available. Has a license plate frame for US size plates and very nice LED light for the plate. I'll mount it up on mine shortly and post more pics but Yoshimura site will have them up soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are the cables hidden when installed? The evotech tailtidy has a plate that covers the cables. This looks like the cables are in the open?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Maybe overthinking a license plate kit but it looks like the cables will have to run along the bracket? Yeah, the EvoTech unit has a very clever way of completely hiding the license plate led wire and the signal wires are mostly hidden by running back into the kit from behind the plate & then hidden between the main bracket into the tail. I like the singlular middle bracket of the EvoTech better too vs. the two sided bracket on the Yosh. Also like the smaller EvoTech LED. The EvoTech kit also has a nice finishing plate that perfectly fits the area where the stock fender used to be mounted under the tail. The downside of the EvoTech unit is you have to use additional adaptors to mount a U.S. plate but it's not really noticeable. Think the EvoTech units thicker material (air craft grade aluminum, the Yosh looks steel) & powder coat finish looks better & the style looks more OEM'ish perhaps is a cleaner look but look forward to seeing the Yosh mounted & glad to see more co.s making after-market parts for the H2.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are the cables hidden when installed? The evotech tailtidy has a plate that covers the cables. This looks like the cables are in the open?
Correct, the cables are not hidden and would need some kind of flexible conduit to tidy them up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Haven't installed my Evotech yet..was it a pain?Any wire cutting?
i did curse a few times when i was trying to fit the wires between the plates, it was hard not to squeeze them. And you do need to cut the wires if you want to keep the stock turn signals. i'm thinking they are a bit sloppy, dancin around when you're at speed and not holding up to the quality of the bike so i bought another pair.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think the Yoshi missed the mark as to the refinement of this bike. Maybe a rush to produce. Looks like a cheap stamped $45 job for a 250 IMO.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think the Yoshi missed the mark as to the refinement of this bike. Maybe a rush to produce. Looks like a cheap stamped $45 job for a 250 IMO.
I have a BMW S1000RR in my garage, he has the Yosh tail kit too. Construction/materials look similar to the Yosh H2 kit. Not really well thought out as far as hiding the wiring & looks like the wires will be even longer w/ the H2 install, it's a longer run to reach the front of the bracket. You do have to actually look under there to even see this,,, still looks much better than the long stock fender but:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks Fommen.Gonna install it either tonight or tomorrow.Took it out of the box...it does look really sharp.The instructions are on their site...although a bit hard for me to actually understand what they're saying without saying 'how' to do this.It's okay...I'll figure it out.Let me ask ya...do the lamp stalks still bounce around in that bracket?I looked back at my factory ones when riding...they were bouncin pretty good.Seems they could be a bit snugger on there.They are LEDS afterall...not like a filament bulb.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The turn signals are connected to rubber bushings to preserve life and probably to help from snapping & to protect the bike if they come in contact w/ people/things. Imagine they will bounce the same. I bought a pair of aftermarket lights but realized the EvoTech kit has cutout holes that match the shape of the OEM signals so look best w/ the stockers IMO.

Has anyone tried to integrate the signals into the tail light? I noticed there's a separate left & right light in the tail that's on when riding, the middle is the brake so this could be a slick solution if possible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice! How does it sound compared to stock; how much louder? tone?

It is still quite quiet around town and won't wake the neighbors in the morning, but it does have a deeper note and when you get on the gas it sounds awesome. It pops too when upshifting which is a cool sound to add to the melody of the bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.