Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to Elvington at the weekend and took my H2 along (by request) even though it's still stock and restricted.

I did one run up the measured mile as a demonstration. This was the first time I've really opened it up and as well as picking up the wheel in first and second it picked it up in third, so I short-shifted to fourth and it came up again. Brilliant.

It charged up to it's restricted maximum, an indicated 189, in around half a mile. This is going to be one serious motorcycle.

Photo is of my bike with a 750 Turbo, thirty years old.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Great photo of two history making motorcycles for Kawasaki. Love the lightening!

·
Registered
787 Posts
http://www.ninjah2.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3626&thumb=1

What do you see?

Mr and Mrs? father and daughter? mum and illegitimate son ?

Put the zx12r through its mot and been using it, better suited tyres and screen to rain. Amazed what a good bike it still is and more amazed than ever how good the H2 is. Put the dog ring gearbox in the 12 and it would be perfect,,,add a supercharger, brembo brakes and quickshift....

Great photo with the lightening .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great picture - now stolen for my desktop ! Hope you don't mind !!!
I'll take it as a compliment.

I don't mind if people want to put my photographs on their desktops etc as long as it's personal use.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In MCN today they tested the H2R for top speed. I'm a little surprised that they didn't seem to know that the stock H2R is geared 18/43 for 204mph at 14,000 rpm and that the Bridgestone slick is NOT recommended for straightlining.

They seemed surprised at the low gps recorded speed of 205 (as opposed to the optimistic speedo's 223) and the blistered rear tyre. A little research would have been useful MCN.

My H2 went through the speed trap at Elvington at 184, which is bang on the money, as it's geared 18/44 to do 185 at 13,000 rpm.

·
Registered
577 Posts
In MCN today they tested the H2R for top speed. I'm a little surprised that they didn't seem to know that the stock H2R is geared 18/43 for 204mph at 14,000 rpm and that the Bridgestone slick is NOT recommended for straightlining.

They seemed surprised at the low gps recorded speed of 205 (as opposed to the optimistic speedo's 223) and the blistered rear tyre. A little research would have been useful MCN.

My H2 went through the speed trap at Elvington at 184, which is bang on the money, as it's geared 18/44 to do 185 at 13,000 rpm.
You need to remember that this is MCN we are talking about here ................

But the video is sweet !

Video: H2R 'Flat Out' | MCN

·
Registered
574 Posts
"Only" 205 mph and "only"16.6 seconds in the 0 to 200! Lots of built race bikes would kill for that kind of performance. I am a little surprised at the 249 rear horsepower, I would have thought with the cams, exhaust, and full ECU that it might have done a little better. Still very impressive though for a bike you can buy at the dealership with Moto GP horsepower.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Maybe Kawasaki thought the MCN boys were a bit wet behind the ears and set the bike up to under perform, i know I KNOW FOR THE DEVILMENT OF IT.
Why,,, "Because we can!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts