Ninja H2 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
That looks great man, after reading your other post I think I'll invest in some and get a panel beater mate of mine to help me apply it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Flipr do you reckon you could or did you do the entire nose in one bit? I've been scratching my head and having a beer looking at thinking i probably could.... it's been quite a few beers now....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Flipr do you reckon you could or did you do the entire nose in one bit? I've been scratching my head and having a beer looking at thinking i probably could.... it's been quite a few beers now....
I had quite a few beers myself pondering that same question.I think I could,but I doubt that I could do it perfectly.The curves and rises would be a difficult challenge and I don't really want to waste too much film.
So I'm just going to do it in sections,get the films edges as close to each other as I can and hopefully with the sealant and the self healing ability of the film,it will join.
I'd love to try it in one go but.

·
Registered
52 Posts
UK owners might be interested to know that I am booked into Topaz detailing in North West London next week. They are probably one of the best in the country when it comes into top end cars and Bike detailing / protection.

They will be laser scanning in the H2 to create a digital model and then CAD templates for XPEL film. It looks like most of the bike can be protected with single sheets stretched over the contours. They are not cheap, but are probably the best, so from the end of next week will have all the H2 details on file and will experience in doing full detail and protection wrap, so should be able to give price etc. I'll post up a new thread when it's done.

Chris

·
Registered
168 Posts
You must have done a good job since I can't really see the film on there, and that is what I am always nervous about. It's definitely a good idea to cover up the special mirror paint though. It is 'special' after all.

·
Registered
539 Posts
UK owners might be interested to know that I am booked into Topaz detailing in North West London next week. They are probably one of the best in the country when it comes into top end cars and Bike detailing / protection.

They will be laser scanning in the H2 to create a digital model and then CAD templates for XPEL film. It looks like most of the bike can be protected with single sheets stretched over the contours. They are not cheap, but are probably the best, so from the end of next week will have all the H2 details on file and will experience in doing full detail and protection wrap, so should be able to give price etc. I'll post up a new thread when it's done.

Chris
Seen a similar process done to cars with complex panels and it just takes some skilled installers to do it, with some patience too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'll post up a new thread when it's done.

Chris

Please do, I'm meeting up with the XPel highest rated (per xpel's site) guys in my area tomorrow (pending weather conditions - been all 4 season weather today) so he can take a look at the bike in person. Hope they don't charge me my other arm and foot for this. Hehe Haha

·
Registered
248 Posts
Please do, I'm meeting up with the XPel highest rated (per xpel's site) guys in my area tomorrow (pending weather conditions - been all 4 season weather today) so he can take a look at the bike in person. Hope they don't charge me my other arm and foot for this. Hehe Haha
UPDATE:
after several failed attempts to meet up with the XPel shop guy locally, I have given up. This shop doesn't operate on the weekends. Since then I have located other Xpel Auth shops and will give them a try when the weather clears up over here. It's been scattered showers for the past 2 weeks with 3 or so days of pure sunny days and if not spending time doing house work I was on the H2. Will still keep posted on what I find and do.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Chris
I has the 3M guys out yesterday trying to do a manual template,not sure how thats going to turn out ,will keep you guys updated if any good otherwise your option looks a lot better keep us up to date .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.