Ninja H2 banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Two minutes after this picture was taken he had a screwdriver forced into the ignition .
It would need to be a coded screwdriver then as it's a UK bike. :D

I went on a ride along some twisty Cornish roads yesterday. A ride-out from GT Motorcycles with Leon Haslam. The chicken strips are now much smaller.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Bob what mods have you done to the bike?
Randy.
Hi Randy, not as much as you might think in the way of mods. The ECU was flashed by Don Guhl via Brock's Performance, it has an Akrapovic Evo' exhaust, a sprint filter and a PCV running a GT Performance custom map. They created that for me here in Plymouth on their Dynojet rolling road. Other than those mods there's a Zero Gravity Corsa screen, an Evotech tail tidy, it's geared up and I remove the mirrors, exhaust baffle and number plate for meetings.

The mirrors and number plate and baffle go back on between meetings and it's road-legal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bob what mods have you done to the bike?
Randy.
Hi Randy, not as much as you might think in the way of mods. The ECU was flashed by Don Guhl via Brock's Performance, it has an Akrapovic Evo' exhaust, a sprint filter and a PCV running a GT Performance custom map. They created that for me here in Plymouth on their Dynojet rolling road. Other than those mods there's a Zero Gravity Corsa screen, an Evotech tail tidy, it's geared up and I remove the mirrors, exhaust baffle and number plate for meetings.

The mirrors and number plate and baffle go back on between meetings and it's road-legal.
Very nice Bob. Its great to know you don't have to go messing with the engine internals to get the super performance from the bike.

Randy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
@BobC how much hp are pushing to be able to achieve this with such a clean set up
Also what’s ur temps like.
U must need to let bike rest afterwards right?
Or it’s okay to hit it again ?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
@BobC how much hp are pushing to be able to achieve this with such a clean set up
Richard, peak power was around 230 rwbhp on a very conservative Dynamometer measured last year. The red line on my engine is still 13,000 rpm.

Sorry, can't remember the exact airbox temp but I always treat the engine gently when running down to the start line which is a mile away from the paddock. I turn it off if I'm waiting in line for other riders ahead of me to make their runs. The actual top speed run is over in 20-25 seconds but the temperature does rise quite a lot. Yes I let it cool down between runs and the 221 mph run was also my first run of the day when the air temperature wasn't too high. Keeping it cool is critical to making good power.

Everything is critical when looking for a record or a PB. Obviously the gearing but also wind speed and direction, air temperature (which you asked about) and track surface. Your race leathers and helmet matter too on a bike with such a small fairing, as does your race tuck and how you ride the bike.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Richard, peak power was around 230 rwbhp on a very conservative Dynamometer measured last year. The red line on my engine is still 13,000 rpm.

Sorry, can't remember the exact airbox temp but I always treat the engine gently when running down to the start line which is a mile away from the paddock. I turn it off if I'm waiting in line for other riders ahead of me to make their runs. The actual top speed run is over in 20-25 seconds but the temperature does rise quite a lot. Yes I let it cool down between runs and the 221 mph run was also my first run of the day when the air temperature wasn't too high. Keeping it cool is critical to making good power.

Everything is critical when looking for a record or a PB. Obviously the gearing but also wind speed and direction, air temperature (which you asked about) and track surface. Your race leathers and helmet matter too on a bike with such a small fairing, as does your race tuck and how you ride the bike.
Dammm so with a reg flash n tune u made that LSR.
I’m surprised the bike pulls the tall gearing with 230rwhp
You must of lost considerable acceleration tho right.
No more power wheelies?

Also have you considered a meth tank to keep temps down?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No more power wheelies?

Any H2 owner who's still riding around on stock 18/44 needs to try one with higher gearing. It's so much nicer to ride. It's isn't simply a case of gearing it up for LSR events, it's better on the road too.

The bike pulls 19/41 and 19/42 just fine and will still pick up the front wheel on the throttle until it's in fifth gear. I can't use 100% throttle until then. So the short answer is "No" the acceleration is still very strong. With 90 mph available in first and the top of fourth gear around 170 it still wants to wheelie and that's enough to leave almost anything you're going to meet for dead.

The only people to benefit from low gearing are quarter milers and they will need an extended swing arm.

I have considered an intercooler but so far I've kept it stock because of class rules.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No more power wheelies?

Any H2 owner who's still riding around on stock 18/44 needs to try one with higher gearing. It's so much nicer to ride. It's isn't simply a case of gearing it up for LSR events, it's better on the road too.

The bike pulls 19/41 and 19/42 just fine and will still pick up the front wheel on the throttle until it's in fifth gear. I can't use 100% throttle until then. So the short answer is "No" the acceleration is still very strong. With 90 mph available in first and the top of fourth gear around 170 it still wants to wheelie and that's enough to leave almost anything you're going to meet for dead.

The only people to benefit from low gearing are quarter milers and they will need an extended swing arm.

I have considered an intercooler but so far I've kept it stock because of class rules.
Potentially cuz your not reviving the engine out cuz of the taller gearing does it help keep the boost temps down allowing for longer time WOT?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Potentially cuz your not reviving the engine out cuz of the taller gearing does it help keep the boost temps down allowing for longer time WOT?
Nothing as scientific as that Richard. I arrived at 19/41 and 19/42 for land speed racing because these were the ratios I needed to do the speed I reckoned the bike could do in a standing-mile with the available engine power and a 13,000 rev-limit. Put simply it was "what's it likely to do?" and gear accordingly.

Everything else, including how much nicer it is to ride with taller gearing, is a by-product of that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hmm maybe I’ll consider it thanks a lot
Lower rpm levels cuz of taller gearing
Means lower boost temps cuz of lower rpms needed to reach high numbers

21 - 33 of 33 Posts