Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video is converting now. No fancy editing, just the raw deal and my unboxing experience. Vid will be posted here around 9:30pm EST or sooner.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
How you made it thru that video without cutting the $hit out of yourself is beyond me, lol

That thing is nice as fuk.

NOLA

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am glad you like it , Bens work has the same effect on me everytime he does something new
Some of the custom bikes he has done are just mindblowing

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My install is just about done. I have to bleed the IC system. Bleed my radiator, and also some electronic stuff. Wire the IC Pump, and install the PCV add-ons.

Should be done with IC by tomorrow, and the PCV stuff by Tues or Thurs. Taking Wednesday off from working on the bike.

Heading to the track this weekend so I should have a review right away.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
For a regular flashed and piped H2 that's street run only,is this something that is actually worthwhile?I run mine quite fast.But I never get any nearness to overheating.I'm guessing this is a 'track sensible' mod,yes?For street,not so much?So I understand...it cools the incoming air charge which allows a greater amount of fuel to be added=more power.Less heat wear on the motor.But to get a maximum gain from this,one would need to upgrade the internals as well?Or are the stock internals fine?

·
Registered
427 Posts
For a regular flashed and piped H2 that's street run only,is this something that is actually worthwhile?I run mine quite fast.But I never get any nearness to overheating.I'm guessing this is a 'track sensible' mod,yes?For street,not so much?So I understand...it cools the incoming air charge which allows a greater amount of fuel to be added=more power.Less heat wear on the motor.But to get a maximum gain from this,one would need to upgrade the internals as well?Or are the stock internals fine?
If you ride your bike hard, even on the street on a hot day, this is a must have mod.

If you add SC gears, then it is even more necessary.

In FL with temps above 90F ONE run from 3rd thru 6th gear takes the boost temps from 150F to 238F !!!!!!

This is with Brock Stage 2 - NO SC gears.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Switch your instrument display over to "boost temp" and see what it displays.

The consensus seems to be that if it is near or over 100 C (212 F) it's worth doing something. If you seem to think your bike is short on power (LOL) then perhaps it's worth doing even without that ... I strongly believe the intake air temp is going up the moment the revs climb and it's only being displayed with a significant time lag, which means it'll bump power straight away.

Top speed runs in hot weather are going to send intake temperature up there.

Track days on most road courses could send intake temps up but it depends how long the straightaways are. On tighter tracks most normal people aren't going to be using full throttle max revs for long periods - you just can't. Mosport (err ... Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) or Road America ... different situation.

If your bike is a street bike and you pay even some remote consideration to traffic and speed limits (in the interest of keeping your driver's license) with only short bursts of full throttle now and again, it's not going to be an issue.

With my bike (street ridden in a climate that usually isn't crazy hot and I need my driver's license so no top speed runs on public roads for me) I don't recall ever seeing that display get anywhere close to where I'm concerned ...

If I do this mod it'll be "just because", not because I need it. My roadrace bike (not the H2) empties my bank account enough ...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks GO.As far as I know...there is no 'boost temp' display(that actually shows temperature)...except for the triangular bars(in boxes) that increase or decrease across the display.Does each 'triangle' represent a set temp?I've never understood why they display these 'boxes with triangles' if the owner can't tell how hot that actually is.Mine goes up momentarily,then drops back to 'normal' quickly.It never hangs at the upper readouts.
Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks GO.As far as I know...there is no 'boost temp' display(that actually shows temperature)...except for the triangular bars(in boxes) that increase or decrease across the display.Does each 'triangle' represent a set temp?.
Just a piece of friendly advice: Read your owner's Manual.

If you toggle through the display (switching from Odometer, Distance 1&2, Temp, etc.) one of the options is for Boost Temp.

·
Registered
183 Posts
1) I'm extremely impressed by the extreme quality of this kit and want one when I can.

2) For sure, to get the absolute most possible out of the motor, for example for best LSR speed as possible, it's "must have."

3) Re must-have for hard street riding, seems strong wording?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts