Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I attended this day, along with the owner and sales team from Seastar Norwich and another H2 owner.

A nice early start from Ipswich to Norwich for a 7.30 depart with the promise of a nice sunny dry day. lesson 1. never listen to the wife. Whilst it was a dry ride to Norwich the next 100 miles were very wet. However when we arrived as H2 owners we were directed to pit garage with 7 others who had ridden or trailered to Rockingham circuit. Kawasaki UK were in attendance with the press bikes and an H2R. Later in the day the legendary Chris Walker arrived fresh from Goodwood festival of speed with his personal H2R.

We did a parade lap, and then were left alone with James Ellison and Chris Walker for a 20 minute H2 track session for the spectators. No freeloader celebs such as charlie whats his name or ross noble.. which to be honest was my biggest concern...

Highlights were the H2R warmup next to my bike making so much noise and vibration it set off a movement alert to the tracker company. The noise those things make is insane. I did promise to not track the H2, but after a quick session at the Rock, that's a stupid idea, I will be tracking again. Only concern is tyre wear. I am normally very good with tyres being a fast and smooth with care taken to set tyre pressures correct and suspension set correct. However the H2 tyres were destroying themselves after 4-5 laps. Considering this session was not the place for heroics with public watching and the track was damp in a few places i was very surprised at how quick it started to melt. Probably to be expected with all that torque. See picture. A very original H2B turned up and I took a load of pictures of this parked next to my bike.

Excuse the quality of the pics and video's they are from the iphone. I have uploaded plenty of the H2R exhaust as i know many would like to copy this style. However i do think a pre chamber where the cat is located is necessary instead of going catless and straight through.

Overall a great day despite the morning rain, met half a dozen fellow owners who were of course a really nice bunch. James Ellison and Stalker Walker were top blokes and with 1400miles on the clock the bike is just getting better and better.

chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
the scraped exhaust is from the H2R which Hillier rode at the IOM TT race. He grounded out a couple of times on the parade lap. Here is the evidence ! Kawasaki are going to take the exhaust off and mount in display with a picture of the bike touching down with all the sparks. I did ask if they would sell to me instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks Chris for making effort to put great pictures up . Glad you had a good day. Riding with ten other H2's must have been remarkable, probably a once in a lifetime thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts