Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, hands up, is it just me

Working on a 20k bike is a bit of a pain, firstly, not wanting to scratch the paint and mark rest of the bike , I,m so careful doing things, towels down to put parts on, tape on the back of the brake calipers so as not to mark the wheels, tape on the forks legs to remove the front mudguard (what silly design with the brake hose lugs)

Tonight I decided to drop the forks through to help the old girl steer a bit better, easy job normally, nah, not tonight, my under yoke front stand that is fine on all the bikes I,ve worked on catches the front fairing, so my pride and joy is balanced on the rear paddock stand and jack under the exhaust, even getting to the top yoke bolts you gotta detach the brake and clutch fluids

I love this bike but you have to be so careful, well I do

Rob

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ok guys, hands up, is it just me

Working on a 20k bike is a bit of a pain, firstly, not wanting to scratch the paint and mark rest of the bike , I,m so careful doing things, towels down to put parts on, tape on the back of the brake calipers so as not to mark the wheels, tape on the forks legs to remove the front mudguard (what silly design with the brake hose lugs)

Tonight I decided to drop the forks through to help the old girl steer a bit better, easy job normally, nah, not tonight, my under yoke front stand that is fine on all the bikes I,ve worked on catches the front fairing, so my pride and joy is balanced on the rear paddock stand and jack under the exhaust, even getting to the top yoke bolts you gotta detach the brake and clutch fluids

I love this bike but you have to be so careful, well I do

Rob

If you're going to be working on your bike going forward, invest in a $200 mini crane and hike that bad boy up. Makes easy work of dropping the forks.

You get used to it after a while. When I first took off all the body work I nearly passed out. Now I work on the thing second nature. Seeing some guys on facebook have the engine apart makes me queasy too but they do it. Ballz of iron.

·
Registered
891 Posts
here's my bike suspended by 4 ratchet tiedowns from the garage ceiling main beam, and I have 4 of those nylon straps (orange) looping through the frame which the tiedown hooks to.

Reactions: zxrob

·
Registered
891 Posts
This there any bolts and clips to remove the front end off to put aftermarket heads and exhaust system
Your writing barely makes sense, but after reading it 3 times I understand what you are asking. Before I give you a hard time I should ask, is English your first language?

The answer to your question (I think) is you have to take off the side panels, lower black plates, and disconnect the radiator so it falls forward so you have room to get to the header bolts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
**** just read what I wrote what I meant was is there many bolts and clips to remove to take headers off been a long night at work i will make sure I read what I wrote before posting sorry about that

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think it would be very rewarding fitting all my parts to my bike myself but I just don't have the confidence. I'm going to let the pros do mine:(

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think it would be very rewarding fitting all my parts to my bike myself but I just don't have the confidence. I'm going to let the pros do mine:(
yeah I do everything I can on the bike short of cracking the engine or ECU, for that I leave it to me guy, at that point it's time for an expert to take over.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
here's my bike suspended by 4 ratchet tiedowns from the garage ceiling main beam, and I have 4 of those nylon straps (orange) looping through the frame which the tiedown hooks to.
Great minds think alike. I also have a sky hook in my garage and I've installed some strong shackles in the wall either side of the bike so I can ratchet tie it from both sides. Essential if you work alone and don't have a pro' bike ramp.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You get used to it after a while. When I first took off all the body work I nearly passed out. Now I work on the thing second nature..
I know what you mean

Took me as long to do the forks as it does to drop the engine out my zxr750

It will all get easier:)

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts