Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been a customer there for a long, long time. Today was the end of that. If you use PayPal checkout, they bill you twice which triggers fraud prevention. The only way to fix it is to call your credit card company, then call paypal, then call BikeBandit. Been waiting weeks for some parts, finally gets to where they can be shipped and I have to spend an entire day on the phone trying to re-pay for something I already paid for. They've had my money since day one. No clue what they've done with it. Their customer service center is just as frustrating as Paypal's...it's a circus.

And I wouldn't have become irate about it but at the top of every order receipt it very specifically says;

Important! Because BikeBandit.com never charges a customer until their order is shipped (we only authorize the amount of your order), no charge for this item will appear on your credit card.

They did the exact opposite of that...which is precisely what caused the problem. The charge has been on my CC so long it's on a second page now. Then when you call their customer service the pre-recorded hold message brags about their "guaranteed one call resolution call center" whom immediately passes the buck and starts giving you a list of other people to call to sort out the mess they created in the first place. Another typical SoCal rage-inducing business model.

Anyway, if you must shop there, that Payapl link could end in tears. Use it with caution. Or just don't shop there. Whatever. Got angry (shocker), cut off my nose to spite my face and cancelled the order. Checked out Revzilla but their shopping cart doesn't work on mobile devices - so I'm already not in love with them.

Looking for somewhere else to buy stuff from if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried Revzilla yesterday. They shipped already! I'd gotten so used to the delays at BikeBandit I just assumed they were normal. I cancelled my BB order, re-ordered at Revzilla and the parts are still gonna get here sooner than the ones from Bike Bandit.

Lesson learned. I was mad yesterday but they actually indirectly did me a favor. Score. Good riddance to Bikebandit!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Have used Bike Bandit and Motorcycle Superstore quite a bit with no problem .

Just got 4 x Metzler Racetec tires this week.

I think Bike Bandit is local to San Diego, where I'm at.

Have even used Amazon . Com on occasion.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Revzilla is an awesome place to shop being using them since 2008 and with no issues at all .
Cool. So far I'm happy. I hope it continues to go smoothly.

The BikeBandit fiasco keeps getting more ridiculous. They gave me a refund today for the money they assured me they never had. So they didn't send the special order parts they had been paid for, lost a long time customer and then managed to miraculously find my cash when it came time to cancel the order. The guy at customer service said this happens a lot! I have so many questions…

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Okay, I'm officially in love with Revzilla. No tax, free shipping, lowest price guarantee. I got the parts I ordered really fast - unfortunately the manufacturers math was off on the adapters. Called for an exchange, they shipped the replacement parts before before they even sent me a return label for the stuff I have to send back! No business has ever done that for me before no matter how much I begged - Revzilla just did it without even being asked. Said they trusted me and they'd get it going to 'save me some time'.

Yeah, Revzilla just won themselves a fan. I like them so much right now I might even actually put those stickers they sent me on something visible.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Another awesome company I've been dealing with is Rocketmoto. Adam is the guy who runs the joint. He's properly smart and can answer highly technical questions without even having to research it. He actually uses the stuff he sells and he's got a mind like a steel trap. Can't say enough good about 'em. If you're doing anything custom and you need pre-purchase technical advise, thats the place to call. I'm going to try and buy as much from Rocketmoto as I can to help keep them going. Their business model is a rare, rare thing these days; fast, accurate info about complex things, they return phone calls and answer post-purchase emails FAST if you have any questions. They're absolutely fantastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts