Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Have someone here ever tried to reflash an ECU with the Woolich software, that has been previously flashed by Guhl Motors? It can work or not? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Hello. Have someone here ever tried to reflash an ECU with the Woolich software, that has been previously flashed by Guhl Motors? It can work or not? Thanks.
If you try to alter a Guhl map with any third party tuning software, the ECU will 'lock-up' after the changes are written to the ECU and not allow the bike to run.

Your options at this point are:
1. Send your ECU back to Guhl for a reflash (charges may apply)
2. Install a stock or derestricted map from your third party provider. (Some Guhl-exclusive functions will be lost)

Not sure what you are trying to do, but you might want to contact Guhl to see if he can help?

Hope this helps answer your question.

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you try to alter a Guhl map with any third party tuning software, the ECU will 'lock-up' after the changes are written to the ECU and not allow the bike to run.

Your options at this point are:
1. Send your ECU back to Guhl for a reflash (charges may apply)
2. Install a stock or derestricted map from your third party provider. (Some Guhl-exclusive functions will be lost)

Not sure what you are trying to do, but you might want to contact Guhl to see if he can help?

Hope this helps answer your question.

Brock
Brocks Performance
Thanks for the answer Brock . I tried to contact Guhl, but I had no luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Brock, thank you.

I think I didn't manage to understand.

I was originally expecting I'd buy your Stage II, both out of wanting something that unquestionably works great immediately plug-and-play and wanting to support the work, but changed my mind on learning it couldn't be modified without sending back to Guhl and essentially getting everything undone, as for sure modification will be needed later.

But, it sounded like you were saying that while it is NOT an option to use third-party software to "alter" a Guhl map, it IS an option to use third party software oneself to install a new map?

In that case, having the option to install (rather than alter) a map with say Flashtune onto your Stage II, without needing to send back to Guhl to do the second part, that's sounding pretty good.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Brock, thank you.

I think I didn't manage to understand.

I was originally expecting I'd buy your Stage II, both out of wanting something that unquestionably works great immediately plug-and-play and wanting to support the work, but changed my mind on learning it couldn't be modified without sending back to Guhl and essentially getting everything undone, as for sure modification will be needed later.

But, it sounded like you were saying that while it is NOT an option to use third-party software to "alter" a Guhl map, it IS an option to use third party software oneself to install a new map?

In that case, having the option to install (rather than alter) a map with say Flashtune onto your Stage II, without needing to send back to Guhl to do the second part, that's sounding pretty good.
trenace,

What are you trying to accomplish?

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
427 Posts
From personal experience 2016 H2 brock / guhl flash bike runs perfect, everywhere and 223 mph gps on pump gas!

2016 zx10r with Woolich Flash with autotune bike runs crap below 4k rpm, decent mid range and high rpm. Overall not impressed!

I would not go with woolich again, customer service is crap, and product development is lacking!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Brock, when funds allow (been sticking point for far too long but breakthrough seems coming) not-super-serious standing mile LSR as well as street. I know your tune can do both; I enjoy tuning though and would just enjoy running race E85, Stage 1 gears, and possibly drop in cams but want to see more about how that's going.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Brock, when funds allow (been sticking point for far too long but breakthrough seems coming) not-super-serious standing mile LSR as well as street. I know your tune can do both; I enjoy tuning though and would just enjoy running race E85, Stage 1 gears, and possibly drop in cams but want to see more about how that's going.
You are correct, if you have a 2015, we will send you the exact same fuel map we used to run 226 MPH with our flashed ECU.

Once you get into gears, cams, E85 etc. You have crossed into a race situation that won't allow us to help you via our support program.

I can tell you that if I were going to make the fastest H2 I know how, using the items you mention... I would have our current flash (with ignition timing modifications to match the fuel type used) and use a PCV to tune the fuel.

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
438 Posts
All I want is to UN-restrict my 2017 Carbon without doing physical modifications. Woolich has some options but I am open to suggestions. Don't want to be a Guinea pig as I live in a land so far away from help. I do know that I should flash a spare ECU and not use my original.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
All I want is to UN-restrict my 2017 Carbon without doing physical modifications. Woolich has some options but I am open to suggestions. Don't want to be a Guinea pig as I live in a land so far away from help. I do know that I should flash a spare ECU and not use my original.
I agree. I just need to un-restrict and look at some of the response numbers. Woolich seems to be the way to go and I am ready to pull the trigger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts