Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a older cover for the H2 but would rather get a nice one like I had on my Blade. Any recommendations on a indoor bike cover. thinking a stretchy type.

Also as my bike is stored in the Garage and it's not connected to the house, and it can and will get cold in the winter. So thinking as brining it into the house is not a option. Just no room with the family. I was thinking about one of the bike bubble.

Carcoon Bikebubble

Only thing is it seems you will be unable too use a chain when the bike is in this

Anyone have any experience of the bike cover or bike bubble? How do you protect your H2 if it's inn a cold garage over the winter?

cheers

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm fortunate that my garage is attached to the house and has power sockets etc. I find the best way to store the bike is to give it a good wash and polish, then (important) take it for a ride to get everything thoroughly dry and to get the engine oil hot so that any moisture in it evaporates. When you get home you should also lube the chain while that's still hot before garaging the bike.

I have front and rear stands and use an Optimate battery conditioner which stays attached while the bike's not being used. I usually cover it in a dust sheet because that breathes and doesn't trap any moisture. Rather than put it away for the whole winter I try to take it out for a run every few weeks, picking a day when the weather is good, not a short run but one of at least twenty miles so that the engine gets properly up to tremperature. Also if it hasn't been used for a while your pre-ride checks should include brakes and tyre pressures.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much what I have been doing Bob. it's just the nice H2 in the cold garage and thinking if it has a bike bubble it may help remove moisture etc..

I have a heater and dehumidifier BUT unless i run them all the time it's not going to do the same.

I have e-mailed Carcoon about the chain question and hope they get back to me soon

Reactions: robby9999

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you place some ply wood inside the Carcoon and then put the H2 on a rear stand ( I have the Kawasaki one ) you can run the chain through the rear wheel and through the stand making it very hard to move ( by this I mean steal ) , if you want a ground anchor then you need to seal around the chain .
Remember your bike is not alive it really won't mind being cold but the secret is not having a rapid change in temperature than will cause condensation . Wooden buildings well ventilated seem very good especially if used in conjunction with a dehumidifier . Metal garages are the worse with day and night time changes in temperature causing the bike to bloom every morning and night .
The H2 will always need to be hooked up to an battery charger/ monitor as it goes flat within a week or two ,even quicker with a tracker fitted .
I'm not keen on full covers but like a soft cotton sheet to allow air flow but keep the dust off .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for that. doesn't look to bulky.

i'll be getting one soon I think

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robby just out of intrest how long did this take to arrive after you ordered your bike bubble?

I ask as I ordered mine on the 20th Oct. and still nothing. rang them Tue and they will get back to me. Nothing. Called them again and still not called me back.

POnly ordered the indoor in clear with Blue bottom

cheers

Matt

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand they may be busy but being unable to phone back or even email to update customers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts