Ninja H2 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was time to do a big winter maintenance after 35,000 miles.
For starters I had to replace the fuel tank because the bike fell off the rack and dented the tank. I got a new one and the paint was not up to par. So Kawasaki replaced it and it is stunning.
So being winter I took care of a few things.

Chain and sprockets, RK 3D in gold and black, same as stock but much better looking.
The rear sprocket bothered me, It doesn't fit correctly, it is too loose. And the original one was loose as well.
I carefully flattened each of the five mounting tabs to expand them till the sprocket fit better. That stops the chain from having loose and tight spots.

Tires. Yet another set of Michelin RS tires.

Brake Pads, I was using Brembos, I has warranty set of rotors and pads. This time I am trying EBC, the EBCs don't have the same grooves cut into the pads but we will see how they work.

Plugs. The plugs were still in spec, but I changed them anyway.
Oil and filter. I do lots of these.

Supercharger oil filter:
The supercharger oil filter if you look in the manual they have you remove the throttle bodies to get at it. That is not necessary.
I was able to change it by just removing the air intake chamber. I took a 10mm allen wrench and cut off about a 1" piece and with a wrench was able to remove the plug.
The filter was perfectly clean and probably didn't need replacing. But I change oil a lot.

Clean the Sprint P08-F85-F1 Filter:
That filter simply amazes me.
Absolutely no dirt on the clean side of the filter. I disassembled the air intake chamber to change the supercharger filter and there was absolutely no grit of any kind in there,and that is saying something after 25,000 (5,000 stocker, 5,000 K&N) miles of using that filter. a filter you can see through. Simply astounding. I live in a dust bowl of silt, sand and dust.
Remember I was a motorcycle mechanic for many years and have seen a lot of how filters work, and this is among the best. What is surprising is this filter breathes better than any filter on the market. No wonder they use them in MotoGP. Don't mistake this one with the Sprint P08. The F85-F1 is different.

This bike is amazing, most everything is like brand new. Truly a well engineered bike.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey Ted, good to hear from you, mines not far away from a top end service. Thanks for the information. Did yoy have the dreaded cluch problem? The modified slave cylinder has arrive but KHI won't pay as it not in the serial number range eventhough the dealer said it is an original fault. Loose rear hub nut also. So I can look forward to not much trouble as my milage gets up?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ted, good to hear from you, mines not far away from a top end service. Thanks for the information. Did yoy have the dreaded cluch problem? The modified slave cylinder has arrive but KHI won't pay as it not in the serial number range eventhough the dealer said it is an original fault. Loose rear hub nut also. So I can look forward to not much trouble as my milage gets up?
My clutch is flawless. Maybe because it is a 2018 with the slipper/assist. I am not aware of a slave cyl problem. I am not sure about what the deal is with the rear axle nut. Next tire I will take it apart and look. I am amazed as to how little trouble the thing is with this kind of milage and the flogging I give it. Those 35,000 miles are almost all twisty roads, with as many wheelies as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts