Ninja H2 banner

Why has no one flashed their ECU yet?

35K views 105 replies 32 participants last post by  edinlr 
#1 ·
Wondering why no one has flashed their H2 ECU yet? Not wanting to void warranty? Is it a trailer queen? Afraid of the power? LOL

But seriously is anyone on here planning on getting rid of the restrictions anytime soon?

#3 ·
Got ya! If I had one I'd have that ECU shipped there in a heart beat! I'm sure most people are far away from him but hes got a dyno to run it right there. I'd be his test subject no problem!!!

Hopefully someone will get over there and run their bike! Excited to see what kind of power in stock form with a ECU flash will make.

#5 ·
I wouldn't blame anyone for trying that but I think there's to much going on in the ECU that you could say disable the traction control or this or that, I'd rather just send it off to get the ECU flashed. Just like with tuning anything now a ton of people are going direct to the ECU. Guhl already knows whats inside these ECU's why not let him unleash the POWAAAAA lol.

Again I dont have a H2 so I cant speak but someone needs to hop on this ASAP!

#6 ·
Well much like the rear fender delete set up I'm guessing I'll be the guinea pig for this one also! lol
I have my AKR titanium slip on and link pipe on the way and they will be here this Friday. I'll be fabing up the cat less full system and once that's set I've already talked to Don Guhl and I'm bring my baby down to have him de restrict her and tune...... I will not be having him do a before and after test because that would mean I would have to go down to him twice and I just don't have the time for that. But I'm pretty sure this will happen within the next two to three weeks tops. :D

#20 ·
I actually talked to don about 2 weeks ago , he called me with a zx10 ecu I had sent him , so naturally I was pretty pumped to talk to him and about the progress on the h2 flash. He had said he has about a months time just learning the ecu ( stock h2) with all the modes and etc . He was saying that with factory settings the flys are only open 30% and full throttle , along with a bunch of other info . But he said when he went down to meet up with Rickey and the hybrid that on the dyno with Rickey's hybrid straight from kawi it ran 275hp , so the swapped ecu's , just the ecu nothing else , the ran 298 ! That's crazy for the very first test of the flash I thought. But after talking a while he figures with the stock exhaust and just the flash on a regular h2 they'll prob be seeing 240-250hp , but figures the catalytic converter might burn up from the heat . He had said its all ready ta go , he was just waiting for the first h2 to do some tests with. So I imagine by now it's ready , but now for me anyhow I'll be waiting for the Brock's exhaust and then send my ecu in to him . But be ready to pay $750 or so for the flash! But we will gain 40-50 hp ? I know it makes a world of difference on my 14's I flashed .
Also just a fyi , I did pull measurements from the alien head exhaust off my 2015 zx14 and looks to me it'd slip right on ? The only thing you'd have to do is a bracket . I was going to do it because the 30lb suitcase on the side of these bugs the **** out of me , so I called Brock's up to get a price for just the muffler and then the kid said there going to make the exhaust now , so I put it off for the time being ( I might still try though for the fun )

#21 ·
Good to hear progress is being made on this. I bought a whole lot of bits for my 14 from Brock including the flash, when I asked him about the H2 a month ago he said no plans to offer anything yet and to deal with Don.

Hopefully by the time I've run the bike in there will be something available. It sounds like a de-cat might be needed.

#23 ·
Don, interested if you could chime in Re: the potential to grenade. We seem to have alot of people talking about the work who aren't doing the work, would love to hear what the horse has to say...

#25 · (Edited)
Too bad Garth can't be sued for being an instigator by the first guy to nuke his motor. He knows nothing about blown motors (not 'blown' in the good way) and he's got nothing on the line. He just wants one of you to stick your neck out and get your head lopped off for his own amusement.

Hey Garth, if you're so eager to flash an ECU, go buy your own bike and blow up your own motor. Leave these guys alone.

#30 ·
I like how you guys accuse me of the stuff you're actually doing and then become righteously indignant. I actually got a two week ban from one of you crybabies whining about being bullied. Idk wtf you're on about.

Now you guys are joking (I hope) about murdering someone? Over a conversation? And I'M the nut here?

#34 ·
At this point,I don't see for myself a reason to try and get this engine more koo koo.It's running perfect.I've had flashes in the past...from top flash guys.There was always a slight loss of comfort.Buzziness...vibing...I don't want any of that with this bike...she's extremely smooth...moreso than my 14.I can deal with the defaults like the KTRC...and having the rev limiter where it is.

After riding this bird now for a bit,I actually feel better just riding in KTRC 1....plus it's VERY easy to turn off.I'm good.

#35 ·
You could always have all that stuff stay the same, the biggest thing with the restrictions on this bike is it closes the throttle to 30% at WOT.

Why not have all the power you want at 13k?

To eaches own though I fully understand wanting to keep something factory! No argument there!

#37 · (Edited)
I figure I will make the limiter my wrist..... And make her the way they actully intended her to be but because of the BS involved they couldn't. Here's my sexy lady right now just waiting for all the fun stuff to come.....>:D

#38 ·
My thoughts exactly , I feel they restricted this thing to make everyone happy , now we just have to unlock some of the power ! I always grew up trying to get the full power out of everything even if your not using it all the time , but for me anyhow having 250hp or more at the twist of the throttle gives me a tingle between the legs and a smile you couldnt slap off my face ! If I were planning on racking the miles on it , it might be different but I have other bikes for that feat.

#40 ·
Yeah man! You sound exactly like me! Cheers brother :D

#39 ·
Personally I can't wait to get the flash done!
As soon as the 1st service is done,hopefully the team at Guhl will have the flash sorted and my ECU will be in the mail.
Throttle restrictions OFF
Servo light OFF
Speed limiter OFF
We get a 13,500 rev limit so I'll leave that alone.
Tacho red zone is at 14k rpm.
My owners manual states that max power is at 11k rpm
max torque is at 10.5k rpm
I'll see what else Don suggests and make up my mind then.
I wanted to be able to hit at least 300 km/h down the straight at Phillip Island,now I think 320 could be achievable.

#41 ·
Part of the allure of the H2 is just the sheer audacity of engineering behind it. So for me, having the full potential of all that engineering available would enhance the ownership experience. I don't have to use it, and I certainly don't have to abuse it. ;) But I do want the choice.

It's like cages. My day to day driver is a Honda Ridgeline. Owned it since '06 and will prolly keep it till the wheels fall off. **** near bulletproof. *Nothing* has broken on it. My 'toy' is a 2008 BMW M6 convertible that I save for summer trips and barnburner runs to CA from points north. It's got the ESS flash for the engine and tranny to remove the 155 mph limit and put the launch control rpm back up to euro spec (4k vs 1.5k rpm) along with a few other goodies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big advocate for safety systems, but absolutely hate the nanny state mentality of the modern world.

#42 ·
I saw a MV Brutale ( new one with three short pipes fully exposing back wheel) very nice trick design. Comparing the trelis frame on the MV to a H2 was like comparing a projects ( UK, council block of flats ) high rise with the Empire state building. The frame is Epic.
Does the Mona Lisa need anything adding to make it be a better painting?

I'm going to pass the 1000 miles mark today and just started getting the hang of how it drives out of corners. Really need to lower the seat for road use though would like to try it on a track as is. Everything is a compromise between road track and drag strip, same applies to ALL bikes.

Just laid it on the misses I'm thinking of getting another. No feathers were spat!

#44 ·
The idea of Guhl flashing this bike is awesome.It is.BUT...if you look at the situation of the H2R...and the services it needs to stay running....I'm right now not convinced that the H2 will last as if it's running at the factory parameters.Just a thought really.I'll wait on getting a bunch more HP and such out of this motor.Not that it can't....but I'm waiting to read some posts about the longevity after a flash....replacing the bottom end and all isn't such a good idea to me....but again,flashing may not affect ANY internal components.I'll wait this one out;)

As is...I'm totally happy with it...for now:laugh:

#47 ·
"I think the rebuild need is after riding at high rpm for a certain amount of time"...I do believe I read the 'service info'(for the H2R) somewhere along the line.It said....8K for 15 hours of operation....i think.That doesn't mean 15 hours of straight 8k riding.That meant 15 hours of riding where a guy revs it to 8k consistently.(like on a track or dragstrip).I mean...that's how I interpreted it.

#48 ·
For me it will be worth it if the servicing intervals become more like the H2R with a 250bhp re flash. I do very few road miles but several meetings a year doing standing miles, even so this doesn't amount to much running time and a tear-down shouldn't be necessary for quite a while.

#52 ·
Wondering why no one has flashed their H2 ECU yet? Not wanting to void warranty? Is it a trailer queen? Afraid of the power? LOL

But seriously is anyone on here planning on getting rid of the restrictions anytime soon?

I can answer your question as to why no one has flashed their ECU yet.

There are very few Garths and One Arm Bandits around. Garth if you had bought this bike it would be half took apart already being made much faster, and same as one arm, but you guys are rare.

Everyone else just buys it to sit in their garage and post about it on the internet about how its worth every penny, how it will kill ya fast, like a Saturn V ect,. Those are posers.

Its OK to be a poser, no shame there. But posers aren't going to get their ECU flashed. And that's why no one has yet.

#57 ·
I can answer your question as to why no one has flashed their ECU yet.

Everyone else just buys it to sit in their garage and post about it on the internet about how its worth every penny, how it will kill ya fast, like a Saturn V ect,. Those are posers.

Wow! you're telling me I and everyone else who purchased the H2 was for bragging rights? I purchased this bike because I am a motorhead and enjoy all types and sorts of mechanically driven machines. I own and have owned multiple motorcycles and I enjoy them no matter their performance output or whether others think they are cool, fast or whatever. One of my favorite bikes is a 1985 Honda Nighthawk S which I happened to love the looks. The Nighthawk was made for two years and did not sale well and was dropped by Honda. Despite that I still love the execution of design and sought very clean example of one with low mileage. I like to ride it but I love to look at it.
The H2 appeals to me for many different reasons, looks, technology and yes performance. I have my reasons for owning this fine machine. I only discuss the H2 with fellow enthusiasts. I do not post and boast on other forums about my ownership of the H2. I do not Facebook, tweet or have a website where I flaunt my ownership of this bike. I own this bike to experience it, same as for all the other vehicles I have or have owned.
You don't know me or anyone else on this site that own the H2. Who are you and why are you on this site? :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.