Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering why no one has flashed their H2 ECU yet? Not wanting to void warranty? Is it a trailer queen? Afraid of the power? LOL

But seriously is anyone on here planning on getting rid of the restrictions anytime soon?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wondering why no one has flashed their H2 ECU yet? Not wanting to void warranty? Is it a trailer queen? Afraid of the power? LOL

But seriously is anyone on here planning on getting rid of the restrictions anytime soon?
Waiting for Don Guhl to post an update regarding what progress has been made with an ECU flash for the H2 preferably with dyno results documented on YouTube. :nerd:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting for Don Guhl to post an update regarding what progress has been made with an ECU flash for the H2 preferably with dyno results documented on YouTube. :nerd:
Got ya! If I had one I'd have that ECU shipped there in a heart beat! I'm sure most people are far away from him but hes got a dyno to run it right there. I'd be his test subject no problem!!!

Hopefully someone will get over there and run their bike! Excited to see what kind of power in stock form with a ECU flash will make.

·
Registered
210 Posts
what if i just hook up a cable to the throtle bodies and let my right hand figure it out?
i may just try a manual over ride

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if i just hook up a cable to the throtle bodies and let my right hand figure it out?
i may just try a manual over ride
I wouldn't blame anyone for trying that but I think there's to much going on in the ECU that you could say disable the traction control or this or that, I'd rather just send it off to get the ECU flashed. Just like with tuning anything now a ton of people are going direct to the ECU. Guhl already knows whats inside these ECU's why not let him unleash the POWAAAAA lol.

Again I dont have a H2 so I cant speak but someone needs to hop on this ASAP!

·
Registered
867 Posts

Well much like the rear fender delete set up I'm guessing I'll be the guinea pig for this one also! lol
I have my AKR titanium slip on and link pipe on the way and they will be here this Friday. I'll be fabing up the cat less full system and once that's set I've already talked to Don Guhl and I'm bring my baby down to have him de restrict her and tune...... I will not be having him do a before and after test because that would mean I would have to go down to him twice and I just don't have the time for that. But I'm pretty sure this will happen within the next two to three weeks tops. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll send my H2 to Guhl as soon as an exhaust is released that I like. No point in tuning twice. Don did my ZX-10R so I trust him.

Anybody have info on a great looking/performance reputatable company wanting to develop one please let me know. I'm ready to tune this thing now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'll send my H2 to Guhl as soon as an exhaust is released that I like. No point in tuning twice. Don did my ZX-10R so I trust him.

Anybody have info on a great looking/performance reputatable company wanting to develop one please let me know. I'm ready to tune this thing now.
According to Brock's Performance Web Site (under Bikes Wanted), the Company is looking for a H2 and H2R for R&D. Select under Bike Year/Brand Type.

Go here: https://www.brocksperformance.com/brocknm/templates/bpp-plain.aspx?articleid=64&zoneid=7

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well much like the rear fender delete set up I'm guessing I'll be the guinea pig for this one also! lol
I have my AKR titanium slip on and link pipe on the way and they will be here this Friday. I'll be fabing up the cat less full system and once that's set I've already talked to Don Guhl and I'm bring my baby down to have him de restrict her and tune...... I will not be having him do a before and after test because that would mean I would have to go down to him twice and I just don't have the time for that. But I'm pretty sure this will happen within the next two to three weeks tops. :D
I'm getting the exact same fender eliminator you used installed on my bike today. Where did you purchase the Akra titanium pipe and mid pipe? I want to take a look at it and order it ASAP! Thanks man!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah I talked to Kurt there and he said to fill that out so I did but never heard back......

I chatted with Brock last week and he requested my bike. I only have 125 miles on it and wanted to put at least 600-1000 miles on it before letting him abuse it on the dyno, lol. I'm 3hrs away from him and he offered to meet me half way. Maybe I'll do it if nobody else does...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I chatted with Brock last week and he requested my bike. I only have 125 miles on it and wanted to put at least 600-1000 miles on it before letting him abuse it on the dyno, lol. I'm 3hrs away from him and he offered to meet me half way. Maybe I'll do it if nobody else does...

H2R Break in procedure!!!

1. Ride the vehicle for about 30 minuets within 4000rpm

2. Ride the vehicle for about 30 minuets within 6000rpm

3. Change the engine oil and the oil filter

4. After the break-in procedure has been properly carried out, ride the vehicle while gradually raising the engine speed, and confirming the vehicle state and characteristic
Your bike is broken in already man :p

·
Registered
350 Posts
Why not have Brock complete the engine break-in on the Dyno if still required?

It would be great if you would provide your H2 to allow Brock to get moving on creating a Full System for the H2... you would presumably at least get an exhaust system out of the deal and a lifetime of Maps.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks Garth. I will get in touch with Brock and see about working something out. I want to see the exhaust the SomeFun purchased too.

Yeah I ordered a Pit Bull trailer restraint set up for the H2 so I can bring her to Don G safely. they said it would be ready in about two weeks which is right when I think I'll be done with the pipe.....

·
Banned
546 Posts
I wouldn't blame anyone for trying that but I think there's to much going on in the ECU that you could say disable the traction control or this or that, I'd rather just send it off to get the ECU flashed. Just like with tuning anything now a ton of people are going direct to the ECU. Guhl already knows whats inside these ECU's why not let him unleash the POWAAAAA lol.

Again I dont have a H2 so I cant speak but someone needs to hop on this ASAP!
If any of you are listening to this idiot and seriously considering his advice, you're about to make an expensive mistake. Don Guhl has an H2R motor and an H2 ECU. He's not factoring in your head gasket, cams, clutch or exhaust. Those things are different for a REASON. Garth knows literally nothing about motorcycles and taking advice from him would be like giving Bernie Madhoff your paycheck.

Again, NEITHER of them have an H2 and Garth has no clue what he's talking about. I know none of you like me and I'd love nothing more to be proven right - but y'all have gotten boned enough by Kawasaki without letting this clown talk you into being the first to grenade your motor. Tell Don you'll be happy to send him your ECU AFTER he's tried it on his own H2 (NOT Gadson's H2R lybrid).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If any of you are listening to this idiot and seriously considering his advice, you're about to make an expensive mistake. Don Guhl has an H2R motor and an H2 ECU. He's not factoring in your head gasket, cams, clutch or exhaust. Those things are different for a REASON. Garth knows literally nothing about motorcycles and taking advice from him would be like giving Bernie Madhoff your paycheck.

Again, NEITHER of them have an H2 and Garth has no clue what he's talking about. I know none of you like me and I'd love nothing more to be proven right - but y'all have gotten boned enough by Kawasaki without letting this clown talk you into being the first to grenade your motor. Tell Don you'll be happy to send him your ECU AFTER he's tried it on his own H2 (NOT Gadson's H2R lybrid).

H2R - please do not pick on me or I will have to cry to a moderator that you are being a bully like your sorry ass had to do. Cry me a river and drown yourself in it.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
I'm getting the exact same fender eliminator you used installed on my bike today. Where did you purchase the Akra titanium pipe and mid pipe? I want to take a look at it and order it ASAP! Thanks man!
This guy. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually talked to don about 2 weeks ago , he called me with a zx10 ecu I had sent him , so naturally I was pretty pumped to talk to him and about the progress on the h2 flash. He had said he has about a months time just learning the ecu ( stock h2) with all the modes and etc . He was saying that with factory settings the flys are only open 30% and full throttle , along with a bunch of other info . But he said when he went down to meet up with Rickey and the hybrid that on the dyno with Rickey's hybrid straight from kawi it ran 275hp , so the swapped ecu's , just the ecu nothing else , the ran 298 ! That's crazy for the very first test of the flash I thought. But after talking a while he figures with the stock exhaust and just the flash on a regular h2 they'll prob be seeing 240-250hp , but figures the catalytic converter might burn up from the heat . He had said its all ready ta go , he was just waiting for the first h2 to do some tests with. So I imagine by now it's ready , but now for me anyhow I'll be waiting for the Brock's exhaust and then send my ecu in to him . But be ready to pay $750 or so for the flash! But we will gain 40-50 hp ? I know it makes a world of difference on my 14's I flashed .
Also just a fyi , I did pull measurements from the alien head exhaust off my 2015 zx14 and looks to me it'd slip right on ? The only thing you'd have to do is a bracket . I was going to do it because the 30lb suitcase on the side of these bugs the **** out of me , so I called Brock's up to get a price for just the muffler and then the kid said there going to make the exhaust now , so I put it off for the time being ( I might still try though for the fun )

1 - 20 of 106 Posts