Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that think a power commander isn't useful and that it is a useless pig....I can change my fuel maps instantly to fit my activities for that day no matter if it's for street, track, the mile, pump gas, or race gas! Now if there is another way to change your fuel maps instantly without taking your front end off each time in order to access the Ecu then please share with the rest of us before trying to convince the rest of the world that power commanders are useless pigs

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
For those that think a power commander isn't useful and that it is a useless pig....I can change my fuel maps instantly to fit my activities for that day no matter if it's for street, track, the mile, pump gas, or race gas! Now if there is another way to change your fuel maps instantly without taking your front end off each time in order to access the Ecu then please share with the rest of us before trying to convince the rest of the world that power commanders are useless pigs
But... I read on the Internet...;)

Brock

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can do the same without a PCV... and without having to pull my ECU :) The ECU can be updated without having to pull the ECU at all. It's all flashed on the bike.

I don't have to pull my ECU to change my maps. I simply select the power mode. If they're tuned properly you can assign different maps to the different individual power modes. Want a pump gas map that is meant for street/weekend riding? Build a full power map tuned to that fuel in full power mode. Want a track map that is built and tuned on race gas, build a full power map in the rain mode. They'll both be full power maps, just the only difference is one has the fueling and timing changes required for the differences in the fuels you're using. There is a third (yet inaccessible map) that is also built into the ECU.

I have both my 2011 and 2016 ZX-10R tuned this way on pump gas, E85 and MR12. When I change fuels I simply drain the tank, fill it up with the new fuel I will be using, start it up and toggle to the map mode to the appropriate map for the appropriate fuel I am using, let it idle so the new gas is fully entered the system and off I go.

Not a knock on DJ at all. If they're still in business this long, they are obviously doing what they set out to do well, if they didn't they wouldn't be here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
PC-V is way more convenient than flashing every time there is a fuel or climate change. These are real considerations when you are trying to maximize performance, under competition conditions. Not to mention that the Tuning Link on a Dynojet interfaces with the Power Commander, perfectly.

I have invested perhaps $1200 in Woolich stuff, for other Kaws. It is in a box, most of the time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
When you install the Woolich Racing harness, you get a plug to flash by just removing the rear bolster. Plug it into USB and that's it.

I'm sure there's even a better way to do it like mentioned above, but I'm a little confused by this thread. I respect everyone wanting to do things the way they're comfortable with, but what's the deal? I feel like Woolich barely even gets mentioned on this forum.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also, the Woolich stuff has a seemingly well-deserved rep of being underdeveloped, and leading to "bricked" ecu's occasionally.

I wish that weren't the case, as I would have already been an adopter of their H2 stuff. But don't want to shell out $800 for a new ECU.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also, the Woolich stuff has a seemingly well-deserved rep of being underdeveloped, and leading to "bricked" ecu's occasionally.

I wish that weren't the case, as I would have already been an adopter of their H2 stuff. But don't want to shell out $800 for a new ECU.
What a bunch of horse sh!t. You shouldn't post nonsense lies like that.

Even Rickey Gadson is using Woolich software now to tune his H2.

One of my bikes ECUs have been flashed over 1000 times.

Please stop posting that BS.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Brock is smiling at you right now, I bet that was your objective lol. :x

·
Registered
765 Posts
Shouldn't really slag off someone's product without evidence. On the other hand if you do have evidence and can post it you may be saving us who are interested in this a lot of trouble and money. Do you have anything to substantiate your claim of woolich's bad reputation?

·
Registered
211 Posts
One of my bikes ECUs have been flashed over 1000 times.
I just gotta laugh at that. Never had those kind of needs, even when setting records and helping develop parts.

You must have the best tuned bike on the planet, at over 1000 flashes!

Your posts are mostly inflammatory. I invite everyone to check.

:D

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I will grant the pump fuel / race fuel situation. But there shouldn't be a need to re-map for "street, track, the mile", etc. One GOOD map should be all that is needed. The engine just sees a certain RPM and a certain load, and that requires a certain amount of fuel to be delivered. If that certain amount is the correct amount, why re-map?

I have a PowerCommander in my ZX10R (for the 2004, at the time, that was the only choice available). Granted, it took quite some fiddling to get the map right. But now that it is ... I don't touch it. I haven't touched it in a couple of years. In fact, the laptop that had the PC setup software on it kicked the bucket 2 years ago and I haven't even bothered installing it on this one ...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just gotta laugh at that. Never had those kind of needs, even when setting records and helping develop parts.

You must have the best tuned bike on the planet, at over 1000 flashes!

Your posts are mostly inflammatory. I invite everyone to check.

:D
A lot of R&D, :D something you wouldn't understand lol.

Buy your pig, your pig map, and be happy with it. But no need to slag some one elses product for which you have as Brock put it, "only read about it on the internet".

I know you your trying for the "feel good" feeling supporting the pig seller. GREAT!

But your own "inflammatory comments" you made about Woolich were flat out lies.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Bricked ecu is always possible but not at all common , of the couple i have locked up , one was hardware related, bad crimp on a terminal lost power for a critical second , another i have no explanation for , just never finished the flashing cycle , and there is always the chance of operator error causing a lock up with anyone being able to buy the equipment, not like you have to pass a competancy test to use it
I have used and beta tested flashing since early days of Tuneboy in the late 90's ,And it was a high enough potential then to have a "recover from failed download"option in the program

Flashing is a great tool but not the only one in the tool box, and its not for everyone

·
Registered
240 Posts
What swayed me (this may seem silly to some), is for some reason on the H2, PC wants us to splice into the wiring in two places:eek:

Have PC's on four other bikes, did need to do that on them!

Guess I'm anal, just not wiling to hack wiring on THIS bike:|

·
Registered
702 Posts
What swayed me (this may seem silly to some), is for some reason on the H2, PC wants us to splice into the wiring in two places:eek:

Have PC's on four other bikes, did need to do that on them!

Guess I'm anal, just not wiling to hack wiring on THIS bike:|
Just FYI - It's a Posi-Tap. You're putting a tiny hole in the wire to expose the copper. You're not cutting anything.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I personally hate pulling that upper fairing off.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just FYI - It's a Posi-Tap. You're putting a tiny hole in the wire to expose the copper. You're not cutting anything.

I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I personally hate pulling that upper fairing off.
Hadn't realized the "Posi-Tap" was different than a "Scotch-Lok", but still..

The fairing is a one time thing and doesn't require pulling fuel tank, which is also a pain.

Also, Woolich w/autotune is cheaper overall than Guhl/PC5. The ability to have ongoing access to the ECU, rather than having to send it out when upgrades or improvements come down the pipe, is also attractive.:)

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
selenap posted something which indicated a relationship with the development of Woolich, which I sure didn't know before. Rather than disclosing the relationship, the post was deleted.

My post to request disclosing the relationship pertains to the now-deleted selenap post (which I can still see but the rest of you can't)

·
Registered
240 Posts
selenap posted something which indicated a relationship with the development of Woolich, which I sure didn't know before. Rather than disclosing the relationship, the post was deleted.

My post to request disclosing the relationship pertains to the now-deleted selenap post (which I can still see but the rest of you can't)
Gotcha...thx!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts