Ninja H2 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People always ask "What is it like to ride". And the best I can come up with is "There is no such thing as WOT in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd" for one. And for two I say,"The acceleration on the H2 in any gear should be illegal". But I would love to hear what you all are saying when they ask "What is it like!"

·
Registered
577 Posts
People always ask "What is it like to ride". And the best I can come up with is "There is no such thing as WOT in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd" for one. And for two I say,"The acceleration on the H2 in any gear should be illegal". But I would love to hear what you all are saying when they ask "What is it like!"
When I'm asked I just smile and burst into hysterical laughter :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I bought my H2 back in March last year and was asked to take it along to a Straightliners top speed meeting in the Spring while it was still totally stock and before it was even run in, because almost nobody had seen one.

The biggest crowd in the paddock was round the H2 and I was asked to "give it a run". So I went and signed on and they gave me the race number H2. Well - this was the first time I'd really opened the throttle and the front stayed up until I hooked fifth at around 140. Even with the front wheel a foot in the air it felt controllable. It went through the trap on a rolled off throttle and was given a ticket for 184.

The rider of a Hayabusa Turbo was on the start-line behind me and reckoned I should have entered the wheelie competition. That was on the Saturday. On Sunday they wanted another H2 demonstration run and I asked my good friend Mike to ride it, he also kept the front up for most of the mile.

Now de-restricted it's a lot faster but this is the story I tell people who ask what it's like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having owned of all sorts of liter bikes from the BMW S1000rr to the Ducati Panigale S , these are bikes not to many people would buy due to all sorts of reasons , i am from Nigeria and as at this hour , my H2 IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY AND INDEED THE ONLY ONE IN WESTERN AFRICA that is a total of 15 neighboring countries , So the biking community here is indeed stunned by my taste of motorcycle , i get a lot of so how does she ride compared to the other bikes you have owned ... these are my words .....i wish i could explain it but here is the simplest way i can put it....... this bike is WOW !!!!! AND TRULY ITS NOTHING COMPARED TO ANY MOTORCYCLE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN ..... this motorcycle gets more PICTURES taken AND ATTENTION than a lot of celebrities.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my H2 back in March last year and was asked to take it along to a Straightliners top speed meeting in the Spring while it was still totally stock and before it was even run in, because almost nobody had seen one.

The biggest crowd in the paddock was round the H2 and I was asked to "give it a run". So I went and signed on and they gave me the race number H2. Well - this was the first time I'd really opened the throttle and the front stayed up until I hooked fifth at around 140. Even with the front wheel a foot in the air it felt controllable. It went through the trap on a rolled off throttle and was given a ticket for 184.

The rider of a Hayabusa Turbo was on the start-line behind me and reckoned I should have entered the wheelie competition. That was on the Saturday. On Sunday they wanted another H2 demonstration run and I asked my good friend Mike to ride it, he also kept the front up for most of the mile.

Now de-restricted it's a lot faster but this is the story I tell people who ask what it's like.
I have no stories like that but so far your story gives a pretty good idea of what kind of bike we are dealing with here. Smh...and that was stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having owned of all sorts of liter bikes from the BMW S1000rr to the Ducati Panigale S , these are bikes not to many people would buy due to all sorts of reasons , i am from Nigeria and as at this hour , my H2 IS THE ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY AND INDEED THE ONLY ONE IN WESTERN AFRICA that is a total of 15 neighboring countries , So the biking community here is indeed stunned by my taste of motorcycle , i get a lot of so how does she ride compared to the other bikes you have owned ... these are my words .....i wish i could explain it but here is the simplest way i can put it....... this bike is WOW !!!!! AND TRULY ITS NOTHING COMPARED TO ANY MOTORCYCLE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN ..... this motorcycle gets more PICTURES taken AND ATTENTION than a lot of celebrities.....
Wow the only one in your county that's amazing but I'm not suprised this bike is very rare

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I get the same question constantly too. We had a nice ride yesterday from Long Island to New Britain CT & at the bike event was asked 4 times. Usually answer "just insane". Talk about how much the bike is restricted stock more than any other machine by far though, explain how the bikes performance stock flatlines at 10,800rpm because it had to be & what happens performance wise once it's de-restricted w/ Brocks/Guhls stage 2 flash, PCV, Brocks pipe is installed. That the bike begs for these parts and turns an insane bike into one that is hard to describe in terms of acceleration.

·
Registered
39 Posts
One thing I haven't read a lot about is just how smooth the bike is, I can't believe this thing is this smooth! I honestly always try to find a fault on any machine so I can have an excuse to modify and the only thing I would do to this is change the exhaust!!! Man I can't find a way to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
As BobC said above, the sheer sensation of trying to accelerate while spinning the tires and pulling wheelies. I visited with Rickey Gadsen last year at Ohio and he said he spun the tires for the first 1000 feet, so even the best guys have a bit of trouble with the bike. Honestly though, fourth gear wheelies on this thing get your attention like nothing else. When you are focusing on a quick shift and the front pulls up - what more can I say? It is a beast stock, but with the ECU and PCV, it really comes alive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I only get asked by those who know what it is. When they do, I say "take it for a spin" (luckily, no one takes me up on it) and they say "no, i'll pass. based on reading reviews, just the thought scares me" I then say, "it's just like that, scary until you get comfortable on it then it scares you again when you least expect it"

other times, I say "I see why it has the butt huggers. Without them, the bike will come from under you when twisting the throttle."

·
Registered
587 Posts
As BobC said above, the sheer sensation of trying to accelerate while spinning the tires and pulling wheelies. I visited with Rickey Gadsen last year at Ohio and he said he spun the tires for the first 1000 feet, so even the best guys have a bit of trouble with the bike. Honestly though, fourth gear wheelies on this thing get your attention like nothing else. When you are focusing on a quick shift and the front pulls up - what more can I say? It is a beast stock, but with the ECU and PCV, it really comes alive.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts