Ninja H2 banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
those static wheelie machines are a complete load of bollocks.
I've spent years up on the rear wheel of my gen1 zx10r and I know how wheelying works very very well. those machines are nothing like wheelying in real life or are they any indication of a riders ability to hold the bike up in the air and maintain a wheelie.

have a go, get good on it so you can hold it on one of those machines in the air all day long, then go out and try it on a shiny new H2 and see what happens if you don't agree LOL

the best way is to start with small lifts and build up to higher angles of attack over time as you get better at it.

try hold 6" or less of front wheel lift all the way through 3rd gear under accel and perfect that first because its not too dangerous at all to learn that way on a straight road. Once you are used to the feel of the bike underneath you in these conditions, bring it up higher bit by bit until you are up at the balance point then you finally learn how to cruise and balance from this stage onward.

On my 10R I like coming out of corners but still with some side lean angle, lift the wheel when its still leant over a bit on the exit of the corner (the bike will auto straighten up coming out of the corner with the wheel lifted) go all the way through 3rd with the wheel up, drop it back down just before the next corner and tip straight in and repeat ;) (I will get some vids on my gopro of this next run out cos its a **** of a lot of fun once perfected)

its best to learn power wheelies first (lifting just with throttle) and then progress to clutch wheelies and balance points once you have the swing of the wheel being up in the air and know where the balance point is and what angle it feels like.

I will say though that compared to my 10R the H2 is soooooo much harder to perform and maintain a wheelie, its not a bike for learning this skill on for the first time at all so please be warned....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
We are warned. You are replying to a post two years old. Along with the other ones.

BUT....If you reply to another post, from over two years old, you get a free Senior Membership !.....

NOLA

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
On my 10R I like coming out of corners but still with some side lean angle, lift the wheel when its still leant over a bit on the exit of the corner.......

This reminds me of when I first rode an RG500 down my favourite bit of twisty road. It belonged to a dealer friend of mine, I had a GPz900R at the time and he wanted me to try the Suzuki and that was what i said to him, it lifts the front while still cranked over. Fantastic fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This reminds me of when I first rode an RG500 down my favourite bit of twisty road. It belonged to a dealer friend of mine, I had a GPz900R at the time and he wanted me to try the Suzuki and that was what i said to him, it lifts the front while still cranked over. Fantastic fun.
[/ TRÍCH DẪN
What do I need to do to change because my 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears are causing the front wheel to fly off the ground? And with gears 1 the front wheel can fly the highest

41 - 52 of 52 Posts