Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this to my black ZX10r wheels and it made the bike look so much lighter and I still get compliments on how pretty that bike is. Also it is unique, but still looks like the factory did it or should have.
So I am thinking of doing the same, but maybe using the frame color to the H2 when I get it, seems like 2 years already.
Any thoughts?,

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think that looks great, I have also been wondering about the polished lip look on the h2, might just tie the whole thing together nicely, I am contemplating leaving the star spokes as is and just polishing that lip inwards to the first detent on both sides.

·
Registered
247 Posts
On a side note: Took the H out this afternoon for a little ride on a quiet road I know well, hit that sucker the first time and felt all kinds of tension in my shoulders and such. Stopped at the little store at the end of the road. Grabbed a coffee and a danish and chilled fer a bit. Stretched for about 10 minutes, thought about that first run. Then went and blazed that sucker proper hard. Felt like I was tearing a hole in the atmosphere coming off of the Manchester park loop. Felt extremely fast, solid, planted. Couple right handers I felt my knee touch crisply at the trailing apex. Got home, checked the dash...
48 degrees of right lean, on the street. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a side note: Took the H out this afternoon for a little ride on a quiet road I know well, hit that sucker the first time and felt all kinds of tension in my shoulders and such. Stopped at the little store at the end of the road. Grabbed a coffee and a danish and chilled fer a bit. Stretched for about 10 minutes, thought about that first run. Then went and blazed that sucker proper hard. Felt like I was tearing a hole in the atmosphere coming off of the Manchester park loop. Felt extremely fast, solid, planted. Couple right handers I felt my knee touch crisply at the trailing apex. Got home, checked the dash...
48 degrees of right lean, on the street. ;)
Now you are just making me mon-fricking jealous. I want my H2!!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that looks great, I have also been wondering about the polished lip look on the h2, might just tie the whole thing together nicely, I am contemplating leaving the star spokes as is and just polishing that lip inwards to the first detent on both sides.
I too would leave the polished lip. Actually any machined surface gets polished. The 10 had machined surfaces under the black where it is polished, but nothing machined on the spokes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I want you to get her so I can see all the little details you go after. Thats the beauty of this girl, seems like they become personal expressions. Turbo's bike is freakin monster, no concessions to anything but power and corner speed, I love it! Racer172's is a SERIOUS track weapon and looks the part, H2Madness' girl looks like a street eating viper with green eyes and a gas turbine for a soul.... Nola's girl is straight low key, under the radar, and gone in a hail of rubber and road grit. Lol. Just my personal impressions of some of the machines that make up this incredible forum. I cannot wait to see how you craft your girl. I am going to a full Vandemon (soon as I can save up the scratch, been an expensive summer, lol), and a sprint p-08 filter. After that a stage 1 top gear only upgrade, and velocity stacks. Excited more about upgrading this girl than any I have owned in a long time! Sorry, I start to ramble on after a ride. I am still all adrenal dumpy. 3rd gear doesnt just power wheelie Ted, 3rd gear will straight snap wheelie to the electronic limit (about 18 inches up is where the wheelie intervention cuts in for me), at 10,000 rpm if ya got the brass to hold her wot with conviction. Then ya tap fourth firmly while holding wot and she does not go down, will carry all fourth. Its taken me almost 1500 miles to get to know her to the point where I am confident with what third gear does. This powerplant is a mind bending, 30 lb boosting, freak of nature and science. Stock up on rear tires and petrol.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want you to get her so I can see all the little details you go after. Thats the beauty of this girl, seems like they become personal expressions. Turbo's bike is freakin monster, no concessions to anything but power and corner speed, I love it! Racer172's is a SERIOUS track weapon and looks the part, H2Madness' girl looks like a street eating viper with green eyes and a gas turbine for a soul.... Nola's girl is straight low key, under the radar, and gone in a hail of rubber and road grit. Lol. Just my personal impressions of some of the machines that make up this incredible forum. I cannot wait to see how you craft your girl. I am going to a full Vandemon (soon as I can save up the scratch, been an expensive summer, lol), and a sprint p-08 filter. After that a stage 1 top gear only upgrade, and velocity stacks. Excited more about upgrading this girl than any I have owned in a long time! Sorry, I start to ramble on after a ride. I am still all adrenal dumpy. 3rd gear doesnt just power wheelie Ted, 3rd gear will straight snap wheelie to the electronic limit (about 18 inches up is where the wheelie intervention cuts in for me), at 10,000 rpm if ya got the brass to hold her wot with conviction. Then ya tap fourth firmly while holding wot and she does not go down, will carry all fourth. Its taken me almost 1500 miles to get to know her to the point where I am confident with what third gear does. This powerplant is a mind bending, 30 lb boosting, freak of nature and science. Stock up on rear tires and petrol.
My big problem is altitude. I live in Reno and we are at 4500 feet. Go East from my house and within a few miles you are up at 8000 on Mt. Rose. West within a few miles you are up to 6700 in Virginia City. Closest Sea level is 130 miles away.
So I have no idea how it is going to run up here. I may have to regear the SC to make up the difference. I do know that the SC is less effected than a NA bike. So that gives me a huge advantage over others up here. But alas, seldom do I get anybody around here to have a contest of speed with me. I just don't want to fight for wheelies, I want them to become effortless in more than first. The 10 is okay but up here I have to be going 70ish to do roll on wheelies, the good part is first goes 106 and if I have the room I can shift while airborne and carry it obscene distances. I wanna, I wanna just be able to roll it on anywhere in the first few gears and loft it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Man, you are gonna love this machine. Its not even a question of wheelies sir. A lot of those old concerns do not even apply, she has abundant power for loft level acceleration everywhere, its more a question of velocity management.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, you are gonna love this machine. Its not even a question of wheelies sir. A lot of those old concerns do not even apply, she has abundant power for loft level acceleration everywhere, its more a question of velocity management.
Velocity management is a problem I welcome. That is another thing I can't wait to do. I love learning and experimenting with different techniques, looking for the best way to tackle a corner or a stretch of road. I just love unfamiliar roads and pushing.
I just can't wait to get this bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts