Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys...have a question here.When I take off 'kinda' hard at the bottom,in 1st...as she starts to lift,there's a slapping sound out the rear...almost like the Ktrc is kicking in...I can feel it under the rear there...like at the wheel.Several clunks....then as I pick up some speed,and get more in the gas,she'll fully lift right up.Is there something wrong here?Seriously.Didn't notice her doing that before...KTRC OFF.Even did it with the KTRC on 1.Only when I'm rolling slow,then kinda punch her.Almost sounds like the chain is hitting the swingarm kinda sound.
I get out of the gas...it stops and then I open her up some more...she's fine.Starts lifting right away.The center of my rear tire is kinda smooth....not really worn down.Scuffed,yes.

I have the KLCM off...and the engine braking set to light.KQS is 'on'.It did this with KTRC off and on 1-1.

·
Registered
473 Posts
check the slack in your chain, it can make a similar noise if there is too much slack.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just went out and checked it...OMG...loose as can be...thanks OK for that....didn't expect it to be THAT loose in 300 miles....sheesh.

Okay...adjusted.Very easy actually.Much easier than I thought.Thanks again for the reminder OK.Will check it more frequently now;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just went out and checked it...OMG...loose as can be...thanks OK for that....didn't expect it to be THAT loose in 300 miles....sheesh.

Okay...adjusted.Very easy actually.Much easier than I thought.Thanks again for the reminder OK.Will check it more frequently now;)
Hopefully that takes care of it, I suspect that is what you were hearing. Yea, a bike with as much torque as this one it's going to stretch some chains. ;)

Reactions: Nessuno

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure that's what it was.Thanks again OK....Never seen a chain stretch that far before in so short a mileage.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If your chain was as over tight as mine was new I would expect some abnormal wear. $.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts