Ninja H2 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologize for a ire thread that I may have missed...but what is a really good set of tires for someone that wants to ride an H2 for 8k miles with no worries if they want to stretch its legs to 170+ for a few seconds at a time?

Rain, weather, heat and sport touring is the goal. The stock rear was good for 4k at 26mpg.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Are you saying 8k like "eight thousand miles", or do you mean "eight thousand kilometer?"

Your profile doesnt show USA or UK.

NOLA

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Oh.

Good in rain
Good all around weather
Good in heat
Good for sport touring
"Z" rated for 168mph+
Lasts 8,000 miles on a 200hp Superbike.

Got me on this one. Um....Supercorsa's with a plastic wire tie on the throttle so you cant twist more than 10% ?

Maybe. :)

NOLA

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
What he said.LOL.Good luck wit dat.If you find some,let me know;)
"if they want to stretch its legs to 170+ for a few seconds at a time?'...HEY,you aren't the guy that ditched the coppers in LA a week or so ago are ya?Pretty sure that bike was an H2....It's on Youtube...Good to see one of us rippin it up;)They couldn't even keep up with it in the Heli's.Although at one point on the freeway,it developed a speed wobble(for a split second anyway)...so that really makes me wonder about what kind of bike it was...but it really did look like an H2 to me.I've had mine up over 200 several times...never once felt light in the front.Just solid.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't think you will get many tyres on the H2 that will last 8 k but my pirelli corsa 3's are lasting well. but only have around 1500 miles on them.

Unless your going for the hardest compound tyre out there which will not give you the grip the H2 may require. it's not a easy question and I doubt anyone has and more than 3-5k out of a rear tyre

·
Registered
674 Posts
Look for a good dual compound tire , something touring based , should get you reasonable milage and not compromise on cornering too much

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My view on this: You won't find a tyre (tire) that will be good for 8k if you intend to ride the bike as described. If you can find something that will give that mileage it will be totally unsuitable for the H2.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Michelin Super Sport EVO, very good for 5000km, 3000 miles, on a very careful riding.

Tried Pirelli Super Corsa, they are harder and not close to the grip of SuperSportEVO... and lasted the same.

BTW: RS10 lasted the same too... looks H2 has a timer for the rear rubber... at 3000 miles the explode hahaha

·
Registered
625 Posts
3000 miles? Wow mine are not lasting half of that, even in a straight line (after flash) it spinning and ripping the centre out (pics below) I understand Pirelli are duel compound and resist this a little more, not heard much about Michelin, last time I used them was on a 98 Blade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
30-40 turns in a warm track day and any (soft) rubber is dead, this is 100-120kms.

I usually try to get the rubber up to 80% of its life, then do a track day to kill them and swap them with new/fresh ones.
As your photo clearly shows, the center gets dead very fast :)

Doing slow (140-170kmh) road trips you can get 5000kms with easy.

Next tire I will test is Dunlop Alpha 13SP... So it will be the 4th brand I test :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
what is a really good set of tires for someone that wants to ride an H2 for 8k miles with no worries if they want to stretch its legs to 170+ for a few seconds at a time?

Rain, weather, heat and sport touring is the goal. The stock rear was good for 4k at 26mpg.

Like Turbo329 stated. Michelin Pilot Road or the Metzler Sportec M3, or M5

If you're slow or mortal, I recommend the Michelin Pilot Road or the Metzler Sportec M3, or M5
I have the PR3 on my multipurpose bike (daily/trackday/crusin riding) and I'll be going to PR4 after I burn through 2nd Battlax I had replace a few months ago. Only down side to Michelin PR, they don't come in 200 rear as that's what the H2 is. The H2R oddly has 190 rear. More straights where I live than twisty roads and a harder center compound works best for me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
M3 not as good as m5 or m7 in the wet also the m3 will grease up a lot easier on hot days plus it is old tech.I have done trackdays on M7 and although there are certainly more sticky tyres for that they did pretty good both on a small track like broadford and a long fast track like phillip island but also work well in the wet and well in the twisties on the road.The metzlers have a steeper profile than the PR4 and PR 3 Michelin and will turn much better and are more neutral if you want to change your line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts