Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has gotten a bigger front sprocket yet? If so, who sells them? If you have put a smaller rear sprocket on, what sizes have you tried? I am thinking about a 43 and a 42, but might get a 41 also. I am also wondering if the stock chain fit the smaller rear sprockets?

·
Registered
867 Posts
My 42 rear just came in yesterday but not sure when I'm going to install it....not that is helps. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What about a 19 tooth front sprocket for us LSR riders? Is anyone stocking these yet?

·
Registered
867 Posts
You need to cut 2 links and ad 1 master link ENUBA 3D EK 525
>:D[/QUOT]

Ok thanks one..... That sucks was hoping I could get it done without having to cut the chain.... After I had Don adjust the throttle ramping I may not change the rear sprocket. I was only going to do that because the bike was too twitchy. Now it's WAY better.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you want to raise the gearing and avoid splitting the chain why not begin with a 19 tooth countershaft sprocket and then maybe go down to a 43 at the rear. That's what I'm aiming for.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And you are buying your 19 tooth where?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Brock's has them in stock.....

·
Registered
867 Posts
PHP:
19+42 seems no need to cut the chain
That's gotta be a crazy gearing combo for top speed man! I. Am struggling with the thought of just changing to the 19 front or 42 rear! I have the rear gear now and not sure I want to add it......>:D

Do you guys think it will be much different? I thought by adding the gear to either 18 / 42 or 19 / 44. I would be able to use more of first and second lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
PHP:
That's gotta be a crazy gearing combo for top speed man! I. Am struggling with the thought of just changing to the 19 front or 42 rear! I have the rear gear now and not sure I want to add it......>:D

Do you guys think it will be much different? I thought by adding the gear to either 18 / 42 or 19 / 44. I would be able to use more of first and second lol
in theory you would lose 4,9% torq at the backwheel if you go 19/44. Don't remember your dyno but i think you would still accelerate faster than a stock bike?:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
in theory you would lose 4,9% torq at the backwheel if you go 19/44. Don't remember your dyno but i think you would still accelerate faster than a stock bike?:)
R
I would think so for sure. I should be right around 250 RWH and I've lightened her up 37 lbs..... I was thinking of doing it because I ride with the TC off most of the time and the bike wheelies before you even get to 6,500 rpm's lol I thought by changing the gearing it might make it so I can at least get close to my 13,800 limiter lol right now I don't even get to 10k and I'm skyward >:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
R
I would think so for sure. I should be right around 250 RWH and I've lightened her up 37 lbs..... I was thinking of doing it because I ride with the TC off most of the time and the bike wheelies before you even get to 6,500 rpm's lol I thought by changing the gearing it might make it so I can at least get close to my 13,800 limiter lol right now I don't even get to 10k and I'm skyward >:D
haha! you could probably go 19/42 and still do powerwheelies at 4:th gear! Amazing machine you got there, i'm waiting for woolich racing and brock's full exhaust, then i will be in your league :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My 19/43 arrived from Brock and I'm just sizing up the job before diving in there.

The plastic cover over the gearbox sprocket is easy, just two plastic poppers and one bolt. I have the sprocket nut loose too so the rest should be straightforward ???

It looks to me as if the clutch slave cylinder bracket has to come off before the sprocket can be removed and one of its bolts is behind a coolant pipe going to the water pump. Anyone been there yet can steer me the right way please?

Also there's a sheet-metal guide around the sprocket itself. Will a 19 tooth fit ok or is some modification to that needed?

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts