Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next up to be charged from the Big K ????

I'd like to see a small capacity machine, that would be fun, however, think it may be a naked

What do you think folks

Rob

·
Registered
625 Posts

I'd like to see a small capacity machine, that would be fun, however, think it may be a naked

What do you think folks

Rob

Good call, wouldn’t be surprised to see a naked mid capacity supercharged bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts

What do you think folks

Rob
What I don't see is a mid capacity supercharged , super-sport bike that seems to be what people think they want .
Like the H2 has shown us is the added weight of the stronger crankcase and supercharger is detrimental to the ultra lightweight needed for a top handling track/ road bike .
There is no point in making a 650 cc supercharged bike putting out the power of a 850 or 900 cc bike if you are both around the same weight.
I did say to the Kawasaki team that they should have Turbocharged the GPZ 1100 instead of the GPZ 750 as they both done around 150 MPH but most buyers went for the normally aspirated 1100 as why have the added complexity of a turbocharged engine ( almost all of them were to young to remember either) .
Possibly a naked H2 ? but more probably a mid range touring commuter bike ( god help us ! )

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well I remember standing in the show room with the GPZ 750 & GPZ 1100, just had to buy the 1100 for those reasons.
Don't regret buying the non turbo, it went very well. The H2 is about the right mix of power and weight for the road. Up or down in displacement would be an engineering nightmare and probably not cost effective at this time. What about a 300HP EV? tear your arms right off, the torque would be amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts