Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How comfortable do you guys find the H2 on 250 mile country road rides, with stops for gas ever 100 miles? Its central FL so most of the roads are straight.

I am 5'8" 140 lbs in BVD's and am trying to figure out if some of my shoulder blade pain is due to the H2 or not.

I usually ride 250 miles on a Sat AM and 250 miles on a Sun AM.

I am wondering if the stretch to the bars may be a bit too far. I have never had any issues with my 2012 BMW s1000rr or 2016 ZX10R KRT.

Thx

..... or maybe its my 54 years of age telling me i'm just too **** old:(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
What part of your blades?Seriously.And NO...you're NOT too old;)
You might want to look into the Kawasaki ergo bars.They change the angle upwards by almost an inch.MAY be just right for ya?Apparently others have had similar issues?

I couldn't handle the seat as stock.I reshaped and added just a bit of gel to mine.Worked out perfectly.I also(gonna get flack probably from this) added a plastic spacer between the bar end and tube.This allowed me to basically have a 'throttle lock' on there.It's not actually 'locked'.It turns okay,but will stay where I put it.This allows me to sit upright and relax some.NOT recommended for those worried about it not closing.It closes just fine...not a safety issue at all.This also removed the snatchiness of inputs.Just enough friction to stop all that.
I'm 6'1".My reach isn't as far as yours...I'm wondering if maybe your neck muscles are actually causing this?Being able to sit more upright will definitely ease some of that.
And how is your suspension set up?Softer?or more firm?This can make a difference also.When I ride,I try to stay relaxed.Consciously.It's easy to start tightening up without realizing what's happening.I set my throttle(on straights and such)and sit up.lightly holding the bar tips.It helps.I think.I never actually had any ergo issues with mine...just the seat.
If I'm thinking 'uncomfortable',I'm gonna have a hard time enjoying my rides.If my head starts to focus on something like this,I know something's not right.It's gonna be there everytime I go out.Until I figure out what's goin on.Which I did with mine.
I know people say the 14R is extremely comfortable...which it is.But my H2 is every bit as comfortable as my 14.I didn't expect that at all.
I'm pretty sure the zx10 and the H2 are virtually the same ergo-wise.You would know for sure.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its mainly between the shoulder blades. The impression i have is one of having to stretch a bit and keep my sack as close to the tank as possible.

It reminds me of the 99 and 00 Busa's i had many years ago. Larger motor takes up more room, so you need a larger fuel tank, which also means a longer stretch to the bars.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its mainly between the shoulder blades. The impression i have is one of having to stretch a bit and keep my sack as close to the tank as possible.

It reminds me of the 99 and 00 Busa's i had many years ago. Larger motor takes up more room, so you need a larger fuel tank, which also means a longer stretch to the bars.
That's not a stretch I am 5 ' 5" and 80 kilos also I am 56 and I regularly do 250 to 300 ks in the twisties ,in fact my bike just had its 24,000 k service.
I believe it is the first on in Victoria to have this service done as most H2s in Melbourne haven't done that many ks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've never managed anything like 100 miles ! ... Fuel light is on at 70... (6'4" and 260lbs) ... One of the most uncomfortable bikes I've ever ridden unfortunately

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've never managed anything like 100 miles ! ... Fuel light is on at 70... (6'4" and 260lbs) ... One of the most uncomfortable bikes I've ever ridden unfortunately
I'll second that , I love my H2 and cannot see myself ever selling it but it's a 100 mile max for me also ( it's very different from riding in the USA) .
I think I'm going to put the ergo bar on my Christmas list as my wrists and neck pain seem to take the fun out of riding it after an hour .
My H2 was brought for a quick blast around the countryside using its full acceleration so it's not come as a disappointment to me as far as ownership goes .

·
Registered
247 Posts
That is kinda strange. The H for me is definitely more comfortable than say a zx-10. I am 43 years old, 5-8 and 185. She fits me like a glove. No reach issues, stock footpeg config is very comfortable. At just over 2000 miles now and have done several days of 2 and 3 full tanks of gas. Absolutely love it. Much more comfortable than the current crop of literbikes. The stock seat took a little breaking in, but it was designed for the rider that moves around. When transitioning from right to left deep lean, if you are using a proper ass cheek off approach, the seat makes much more sense. In fact, its better than the zx-10 seat in the transitions I find. As well as more comfortable when sitting in place. When riding in a straight line I tend to grip with my knees a lot to take pressure off of wrists. Old habit. I never ever notice things that other riders say bother them. Just lucky I guess.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

I'm around 5' 11'' and 14 stone in my shorts. No fat, I go to the gym a lot.

The only problem I get from riding is an occasional neck ache. I think this is because I don't ride so much these days. When I rode thousands of miles per year it was fine. When I ride LSR on the H2 I'm as far back as I can get in a tuck in with my chest on the tank and looking through the screen. For the 600 road miles I did running it in I was mostly sitting normally and I found the ergonomics to be ok.

I'm older than you KawaH2 so there's hope yet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm 5-11, 81kg and a grand old age of 57

After being bought up on 1990's 750 kwaks the H2 is like an armchair:D

Rob

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm 5-11, 81kg and a grand old age of 57

After being bought up on 1990's 750 kwaks the H2 is like an armchair:D

Rob
This is more or less what I said back in 1987 when I bought a GSXR1100 and people said "oh you won't find that comfortable" only I'd been riding a Ducati 900SS. :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Although I do not have my H2 yet, I am going to comment. It is a very hard to make a motorcycle that is comfortable for everyone. I am an old guy :( and I have what could be considered both ends of the Kawasaki comfort spectrum at least in the sporty category. That being said, and as weird as it may sound I prefer the ZX10 seating position over the Councours 14. I am 5'10"ish 160 lbs. And my back is not in great shape, too many years of flat tracking and being the nut bag that I am, I have taken a few too many horizontal trips to the hospital with red lights and siren(always from the race track, thank you). The 10 takes the weight off my back, and the wind supports and takes some of the weight off my arms. The leg position doesn't really bother me. I routinely take the 10 out for 250 mile jaunts(2 tanks of gas) and my back is all the better for it, as a matter of fact when my back begins to bother me, I go for a ride on the 10.
I am looking forward to the H2 because the slightly relaxed riding position just might be perfect for me. My 11 and 12 were very comfortable and again a cross country trip was not a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts