Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm fortunate enough to know a fabricator in my area that can fab up a pipe to pretty much fit any exhaust to the H2. I don't like the looks and even more the price of the Akro so I started looking at existing slip-ons for other bikes to see what might look good on the H2. My primary reason for replacing the stock exhaust is looks, sound and weight is just a byproduct of replacing the exhaust. I don't want it loud, but I do want to hear that beautiful exhaust.

Looking around and remembering the V&H CS One that I had on my 2010 C14 I decided the CS One will work and look great on the H2. It will definitely weigh less and not be too loud either.

I might even go as far as to remove the Catalyst too and add the optional silencer to the CS One which would really clean up the looks of he bike and should still offer about the same back pressure with a great sound.

I'll be able to do this for less than $1K and I think I'll be very happy with the results.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I got a fab shop here that's going to tig me up a near as possible replica of the H2R pipe eliminating the cat and can completely. I do like your idea of sourcing a can elsewhere though. Might do that as well so I have a choice. Best sounding pipe I ever had on a Kwak was Area P. That thing was epic. It was like a plain carbon can with a reverse cone in it. Sweet googly moogly.

Good idea for the aftermarket to just make the mid pipe that allows anybody to stick any can they want on the end of it. Solve that problem.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I figured out what's wrong with that Akro; it's a bend on a bike full of hard straight angles. If it were straight, I'd probably love it. As it stands it just looks wrong and reminds me of Monica's description of Bill's member.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Methinks I'll wait to see where the ton of weight is on the stock exhaust ... I'm thinking it's in the muffler itself. For a street bike, the front part of the exhaust can stay, the catalyst can stay as far as I'm concerned, just a slip-on adapter to an off-the-shelf aftermarket muffler will work fine for me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Methinks I'll wait to see where the ton of weight is on the stock exhaust ... I'm thinking it's in the muffler itself. For a street bike, the front part of the exhaust can stay, the catalyst can stay as far as I'm concerned, just a slip-on adapter to an off-the-shelf aftermarket muffler will work fine for me.

Look at the pic with the Akro on it and the cat sticks out big time. Cats do have some weight to them as well, so it's gotta go!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got a fab shop here that's going to tig me up a near as possible replica of the H2R pipe eliminating the cat and can completely. I do like your idea of sourcing a can elsewhere though. Might do that as well so I have a choice. Best sounding pipe I ever had on a Kwak was Area P. That thing was epic. It was like a plain carbon can with a reverse cone in it. Sweet googly moogly.

Good idea for the aftermarket to just make the mid pipe that allows anybody to stick any can they want on the end of it. Solve that problem.
Not huge on those big carbon cans but I do like their slash cut megablaster

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
You guys SURE you want this firebreather of a pipe?LOL..I'd have the Subdivision manager knocking on my door sayin.."Okay...the bike WAS fine...but dude...your neighbors TOTALLY aint diggin this...walk it to the street...and get outta dodge quietly if possible when ya fire it up,okay?"She'd be able to hear it at her house 4 blocks over!Nope...that wouldn't even work for me.I think Stealthrider here would have to change his name;)

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
No kidding, I need a quiet exhaust, too. On that model of ZX10R, there is a pre-muffler underneath which is still there with that tailpipe on it, so it won't be completely terrible ...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
You know...as we've been posting from virtually the beginning about this new bike...I can sense right now a renewed anticipation starting to build....SWEET!!!!!!!This thing is gonna be WELL worth the wait and bucks;)Badazz...just badazz.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys SURE you want this firebreather of a pipe?LOL..I'd have the Subdivision manager knocking on my door sayin.."Okay...the bike WAS fine...but dude...your neighbors TOTALLY aint diggin this...walk it to the street...and get outta dodge quietly if possible when ya fire it up,okay?"She'd be able to hear it at her house 4 blocks over!Nope...that wouldn't even work for me.I think Stealthrider here would have to change his name;)

That's why I'm leaning towards the CS One. Got to admit the Megablaster looks goooooood!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! >:D
double plus that 0:)>:D>:D

The neighbours are welcome to chuck in some if they want input into exhaust selection, otherwise....

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey guys I talked to a real good guy at Muzzy yesterday. I've talked to him a bunch over the years and I asked him if they were making something for the H2. He said yes and that they would have a slip on and a off road version with a linked pipe hopefully sometime in January or February. He said stay tuned to their web site and hopefully we will see something in January. I told him if they wanted I'd send them my system but he said they needed the whole bike to make sure it fit like we would all want it to. This is real good news for sure because I was worried because of the limited production I thought the Manufactures wouldn't be interested in making something for this bike because the return might not be there.....BUT I think that's why the cost will most likely be why up there. I'm not sure how they would make a link pipe to remove the cat because there is no connection that I saw in front of the cat to the head pipes. I gotta say I'm not really interested in cutting my stock system up if I don't have to. If I do I might look to getting a second system because I want to be able to put her back to stock at some point 20 years from now. Lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not sure how they would make a link pipe to remove the cat because there is no connection that I saw in front of the cat to the head pipes.
All the joints are welded from the lower ends of the headers to the catalytic converter on the H2... look at the videos.

Going to need a Full System, i.e., one that includes separate headers to dump the cat unless you want to cut up your Stock System... I wouldn't cut it either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For me I would like to put a slip on can,a good looking hi quality model made of carbon and titanium,most important thing for me is that people get to see the H2 has a single sided swing arm with a beautiful rear wheel,just to show off how fantastic this bike really is,the current exhaust hides the all that,the stock system has grown on me and I like it but I want those that think not much a Japanese bikes to be BLOWN AWAY :D,this bike is truly special,if I can get rid of the cat I will,would like to have the bike a little lighter but a new smaller can will do that, Cheers

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, full systems would be nice so as to keep integrity of stock system. Not sure a MFG would put the R&D into one for such a limited quantity. I think I will end up ordering an OEM header with cat so I can mod and keep the original system.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone will come up with a full system.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I get a custom exhaust or the H2R exhaust ...
In march i will see and know more and more and more;)

1 - 20 of 141 Posts