Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Fast Bikes to put the H2R on the 1/4-mile (10.46 sec was best) is a testament that you cannot tame the H2R in raw form. To unleash the H2R power, you have to do what the old school H2 racers did. Until then, don't bother to put an H2R as is on the 1/4-mile strip.

The original 70's H2 2-stroke triple has a lot of potential on the strip and it had to be tamed by chassis mods and more durable parts. This is very impressive for the father of modern H2/H2R to lay down 8.247 sec in a 1/4-mile.

Rickey Gadson had the long swingarm also laid down a very impressive number of 8.2 sec with his modern Hybrid H2. I am pretty sure that number will be broken in the future with the modern H2R. Adding a bigger slick along with extended swingarm and/or wheelie bar is a must.

I've been around drag racing with the old school H2 before and I personally know Bill Baxter in this video. In the video, he ran in the high 8's but the following year he broke the record with 8.247 sec run. Enjoy watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN6FEhxinkw

The video below is in poor quality but does have that record breaking run of 8.247 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynzEUXRpwo8

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
An expert pilot. That guy didn't appear to know what he was doing.

Jeremy Teasley ran an 8.99 166mph on a Brocks stage 2 H2, second pass on the bike. Same bike that did 219mph.

From looking at numerous H2R dynos (without ram air of course) Akro and Fast Bikes both got 240ish set up properly the right stage 2 H2 appears to be putting down more HPs then the stock H2R so no reason someone can't do it on an H2R, in fact it appears like Rickys bike has the H2R motor, ECU, obviously the exhaust so in a way (minus the H2Rs air filter) it's already been done.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am aware of the recent 8.99 by Zach and that is great! RG's 1/4-mile is the one to beat now, not others.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am aware of the recent 8.99 by Zach and that is great! RG's 1/4-mile is the one to beat now, not others.
True but Zach actually beat RG time w/ both on stock swing arms, like we would ride them on the street w/ the bikes set up on street tires, etc. It wasn't until Ricky installed the extended swing arm going from 56" to 67" wheelbase, Cf rear wheel, huge flat profile rear tire designed for the 1/4 mile, air shifter, Jri shock, etc. etc. that he hit the 8.2. I know I have no plans on ruining the H2 for street & track by putting an extended swing arm or those kind of tires, air shifter on my bike.

·
Registered
787 Posts
He was certainly wary of the H2R. Wouldn't we all be. At least he got home in one piece. Well I got home in one piece , just internally re arranged. After maximizing a zx12r I fully expected to run under 10 seconds, I ran 11.00 @ 142 mph that was my first run with no rider aids. ktrc just made the bike pop (1 -1) I was happy just to have not looped it......

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An expert pilot. That guy didn't appear to know what he was doing.

Jeremy Teasley ran an 8.99 166mph on a Brocks stage 2 H2, second pass on the bike. Same bike that did 219mph.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFvnr7v0goQ

From looking at numerous H2R dynos (without ram air of course) Akro and Fast Bikes both got 240ish set up properly the right stage 2 H2 appears to be putting down more HPs then the stock H2R so no reason someone can't do it on an H2R, in fact it appears like Rickys bike has the H2R motor, ECU, obviously the exhaust so in a way (minus the H2Rs air filter) it's already been done.
You say RG's motor is practically H2R and his dyno figure was not 240ish. His dyno figure was 292.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyxM1E0vtNA

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Rickey Gadson had the long swingarm also laid down a very impressive number of 8.2 sec with his modern Hybrid H2. I am pretty sure that number will be broken in the future with the modern H2R.
Rickys bike the "H2RG" has the H2R motor, ECU, exhaust so w/ a high flow air filter just curious why you think an H2R because it's one of the 50 actual H2Rs would run any quicker, what would the difference be?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am just saying it will be beaten, may be by him again or someone else. He tried it once and it was almost a year ago with that setup. His record run will be tested for sure. Take Brock's bike and put similar stuff on it and am curious how low it will get.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You say RG's motor is practically H2R and his dyno figure was not 240ish. His dyno figure was 292.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyxM1E0vtNA
It's not practically an H2R motor, it IS an H2R motor, it was confirmed by Don Guhl. If his motor is NOT an H2R motor like you have said well that's one strong H2. All dynos read different of course but you gotta wonder how Zach beat Rickys time both on stock wheelbase, street tires if the king if the quarter mile also had a 20 hp advantage. And then beat Rickys mile.

I said Akro & Fast Bikes got 240ish for the H2R, they did.

More than likely RGs bike was an H2R & they installed the H2 front cowl.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Fast Bikes H2R - 242 HP. (Below)
Akropovic got the same result from the H2R .. Honestly though to me it doesn't sound right, with the H2Rs cams doesn't make a lot of sense considering too that stage 2 H2s are making just as much on stingy dynos and more 260s street map when prepped right with 274 hp set up perfectly and on track map, oxy. race fuel.

Crazy amount of TQ 134!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am just saying it will be beaten, may bbe by him again or someone else. He tried it once and it was almost a year ago with that setup. His record run will be tested for sure. Take Brock's bike and put similar stuff on it and am curious how low it will get.
Fair enough and I'm sure you're right, I hope so anyway, these are incredible machines that deserve all the recognition and records are meant to be broken but if I hear one more guy say for the $ he's thinking about building a turbo Busa with more HP think I'm going to explode.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
In perspective though...their Busa will NEVER ride and perform like our H2's....ANYONE with enough money can make ANYTHING go faster.Faster doesn't necessarily equate to...rideability.Maybe just the opposite.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
How did you come up with what RG tested is 240 SAE?
What about Brock's bike? What is standard and what is SAE on that bike?
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't say that. I said that Rickys was done in STD and others in SAE that IT "WOULDNT account for the difference but worth noting".

I've seen Brocks post charts in SAE & STD, Chads bike made 274hp STD on ox. Race fuel, track map.

Not sure why 2 reputable sources have both seen 240ish HP on the H2R & Rickys is at 292. If I had to bet on it I'd say there's no way that bike only makes 240hp. doesn't make any sense whatsoever but that's what happens with dynos. It could combinations of bad conditions, wheel slip, etc. down the line. When I read that Akra only got 240ish it never made sense to me. Interesesting enough Brocks uses an 11% driveline loss so taking the 292hp converts to 324hp at the motor, which is right where Kawi claims it to be.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Crazy amount of TQ 134!

That's NM buddy ;) I wish the H2 made that much tq, I was really hoping it would.

Also RG's bike did make 292 SAE and did 301whp STD. That was because of the flash and tuning that Don Guhl did. The rev limit was 14,530rpm.

I don't know if that was Dons dyno or not though. I don't know if he flew to RG dyno, because somefun made 225whp with a stage 1 flash on Guhls dyno.

·
Registered
67 Posts
H2R dyno result

Had Don G. flash the ECU. Here is the result of run #2 . Broke a strap at 13,000 Rpm on the 1st run.

Max Power = 295.05

Max Torque = 109.35

1 - 20 of 39 Posts