Ninja H2 banner

How do you intend to use your bike for

• Just use on road. No need to mod a great deal or even at all

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A few Mod it for road and track. make it more individual than it already is

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Lightweight and lots of mods more power for track or drag racing.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Just a investment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spend loads on it just for the looks.

• Other

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Loads and loads of people from all walks of life on this forum. I see many who want to mod their bikes with Carbon. Mod their bikes for drag racing, to change the bike to how they feel the H2 should be. Making them more individual than they already are.

So in the poll what do you intend to use you bike for.

For myself I want a few mods, remap and remove the restrictions. use on the road and maybe a few track-days.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't afford to bin it also. Why I've not taken in on track this year and a little worried to be honest

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't intend binning mine �� With insurance excess at £2000. But I have reflashed have T3 exhaust. DNA filter. Frame plugs. Tailtdy. Waiting on carbon nose cone and nostrils. This is done for the pleasure of it being unique and to my taste. I will use it on sunny days / dry. The H2 is something I believe to be a investment also but only time will tell.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I don't intend binning mine �� With insurance excess at £2000. But I have reflashed have T3 exhaust. DNA filter. Frame plugs. Tailtdy. Waiting on carbon nose cone and nostrils. This is done for the pleasure of it being unique and to my taste. I will use it on sunny days / dry. The H2 is something I believe to be a investment also but only time will tell.
Nick who's nose did you wind up buying? Is it lighter than the stock nose?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I can't afford to bin it also. Why I've not taken in on track this year and a little worried to be honest
The trouble with track days is that if you turn up on a high end bike like the H2 , Bimota or Ducati you become a target for the ratty, track only CBR 600 ,GSX 600 etc that are faster on a tight track that the H2 anyway .
They have nothing to lose by carving you up the inside and possibly taking you out , and everyone to gain in pub bragging rights telling their mates " how the pissed all over a £22,000 supercharged Kwak "

On track days and when I was racing self preservation came very low on my priorities and although fixing track bikes is not cheap it's nothing to even a low side on a H2 and if it digs in and flips then it's going to be a write off , nothing will make you faster than pushing a bike to its absolute limit and beyond but you need to be able to afford the crash , something I'm afraid I cannot do with my H2 .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's not important but also something I have though about the bike becoming a investment. And with the prices of the 17 bikes shooting up it's making the resale better for owners.

Reactions: Nickjc001

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I use my H2 for land speed racing, standing-miles etc. Couldn't see a category where it would fit in the above.

It holds the P/PB/1000 UK class records for standing mile and flying kilo.

P/PB/1000 is the Bonneville class structure for Production bodywork/Production Supercharged engine/1000cc capacity and the bike is road legal and "as supplied" with the exception of an ECU flash and PCV.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The trouble with track days is that if you turn up on a high end bike like the H2 , Bimota or Ducati you become a target for the ratty, track only CBR 600 ,GSX 600 etc that are faster on a tight track that the H2 anyway .
They have nothing to lose by carving you up the inside and possibly taking you out , and everyone to gain in pub bragging rights telling their mates " how the pissed all over a £22,000 supercharged Kwak "

On track days and when I was racing self preservation came very low on my priorities and although fixing track bikes is not cheap it's nothing to even a low side on a H2 and if it digs in and flips then it's going to be a write off , nothing will make you faster than pushing a bike to its absolute limit and beyond but you need to be able to afford the crash , something I'm afraid I cannot do with my H2 .
This^^^^

I have done many, many trackdays and take great pride in pissing off the panigale/zx10/r1 gang on my 112bhp, 26 year old zxr750 and I'm dog slow compared to many, would I take my H2 on track, yes of course if I could afford to through it down the road but as said, you might as well stick a big target on your back

I will just be using mine for sunny blasts and and keep looking at it in the garage;), I will probably do a few mods but wont be trowing mega money at it, may get it flashed and possibly an auto blipper, not 100% sure yet

BTW, Nick, has you mate had his flashed yet with just a can on and no full system

Rob

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine is used mainly on the road and mainly in the Twisties.It has done 2 track days one at Broadford and one at Phillip Island.It wont be doing anymore track days as my curiosity of where its at on the track has been satisfied by doing 2 totally different ones.It has now 18,500 ks on it not worried about investment it was bought to ride, in 20 years the 76 Z900 will probably be worth more as I have has that since it was 3 years old.

·
Registered
702 Posts

I guess it depends on the organization you ride with. I ride with a lot of retired racers and most of the guys are mellower, older, and wiser. The kids we do get are riding AMA and they come around you so fast that by the time you notice you were passed they are 2 turns ahead of you.

At the end of the day, nobody wants to be "That Guy" that took out a rider on a $30,000 bike. Most guys will only pass me in certain sections, particularly braking zones. My experience has been that when a faster rider needs to get around me he'll follow me for a lap and observe, then he'll plan his spot. I can hear his engine the whole time and when he gets close, I assume he'll pass me in that spot on the next lap. 9 out of 10 times I'm usually right.

Being that I ride Advanced/Expert with 2 organizations, I know that from experience that consistency is crucial. If you ride your line lap after lap after lap, the faster guys won't have a problem getting around you. The only time I have found that problem you mention about hotshots is when riding in the intermediate group. You've got some pretty fast guys in intermediate sometimes but they have not yet learned control, patience, and consistency.

One strategy that I have used over the years with success is that when I get passed by a group of faster riders (Really fast), and yes, they do tend to travel in packs, I will line up behind them when we're heading out onto the track. Two things will happen as a result. 1) I'll either learn a few things and finally be able to catch up and keep up with them. Or, 2) They'll take off and I'll never see them again because it's unlikely that they will lap me within a 15 minute session. So I can ride with peace of mind. Maybe you ought to try that.

We get lots of fast racers looking for practice. Sometimes we form a "Racer Group" and they ride by themselves. But when they jump in with the Experts, it's usually covered in the riders meeting that they need to be courteous.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it was not the same but the drop racing, i was thinking along the lines of what you use your H2 for Bob

·
Registered
835 Posts
I guess it depends on the organization you ride with. I ride with a lot of retired racers and most of the guys are mellower, older, and wiser. The kids we do get are riding AMA and they come around you so fast that by the time you notice you were passed they are 2 turns ahead of you.

At the end of the day, nobody wants to be "That Guy" that took out a rider on a $30,000 bike. Most guys will only pass me in certain sections, particularly braking zones. My experience has been that when a faster rider needs to get around me he'll follow me for a lap and observe, then he'll plan his spot. I can hear his engine the whole time and when he gets close, I assume he'll pass me in that spot on the next lap. 9 out of 10 times I'm usually right.

Being that I ride Advanced/Expert with 2 organizations, I know that from experience that consistency is crucial. If you ride your line lap after lap after lap, the faster guys won't have a problem getting around you. The only time I have found that problem you mention about hotshots is when riding in the intermediate group. You've got some pretty fast guys in intermediate sometimes but they have not yet learned control, patience, and consistency.

One strategy that I have used over the years with success is that when I get passed by a group of faster riders (Really fast), and yes, they do tend to travel in packs, I will line up behind them when we're heading out onto the track. Two things will happen as a result. 1) I'll either learn a few things and finally be able to catch up and keep up with them. Or, 2) They'll take off and I'll never see them again because it's unlikely that they will lap me within a 15 minute session. So I can ride with peace of mind. Maybe you ought to try that.

We get lots of fast racers looking for practice. Sometimes we form a "Racer Group" and they ride by themselves. But when they jump in with the Experts, it's usually covered in the riders meeting that they need to be courteous.
I cannot disagree with anything you have written above but I don't even trust myself becoming overconfident and ending up in the kitty litter , especially when you talk yourself into doing the last session of the day and end up regretting it .
My lack of self control combined with being a tight wad will keep my precious H2 precious .

·
Registered
702 Posts
I cannot disagree with anything you have written above but I don't even trust myself becoming overconfident and ending up in the kitty litter , especially when you talk yourself into doing the last session of the day and end up regretting it .
My lack of self control combined with being a tight wad will keep my precious H2 precious .

Hhahahahaha Well that settles that then. hahahahahha

I very RARELY go out the last session. On the other hand, sometimes if a track day is packed to the gills I'll go out the first 2 sessions, then sit out the last morning session and the first session after lunch. That's traditionally where all the crashes happen. I've been at many track days where the last 2 sessions of the day had maybe 3 people on track.

Many people don't have the stamina to complete a full day so sometimes starting slow and finishing strong is the best way to go about it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love riding it in on the road, but have done several track days, but eats the tyres.. Man they were fun, as for throwing it down the road, well hopeful not. As for an investment, I have several bikes, and do not put that much milage on this one, so perhaps we will see it this gets pride out of my hands in the future, she is rather special to me

·
Registered
211 Posts
This^^^^

I have done many, many trackdays and take great pride in pissing off the panigale/zx10/r1 gang on my 112bhp, 26 year old zxr750 and I'm dog slow compared to many, would I take my H2 on track, yes of course if I could afford to through it down the road but as said, you might as well stick a big target on your back

I will just be using mine for sunny blasts and and keep looking at it in the garage;), I will probably do a few mods but wont be trowing mega money at it, may get it flashed and possibly an auto blipper, not 100% sure yet

BTW, Nick, has you mate had his flashed yet with just a can on and no full system

Rob
Hi rob. Bad news he has ended up purchasing a T3 exhaust full system so he going down the same route as myself. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Mine is a back-roads bike. In 5000 km it has been on the motorway exactly once, and the closest it's seen to city traffic is the little bit that it takes to get out of town (about 2 km on each end of each ride). I have other bikes to put mileage on, or to ride on the track.

·
Registered
891 Posts
On track days nothing will make you faster than pushing a bike to its absolute limit and beyond but you need to be able to afford the crash , something I'm afraid I cannot do with my H2 .
You know as much as I'm hittin the track with my H2 lately I just don't think that way. When I'm out there I'm pushin and I give 100% focus to riding fast and very little to "what if I drop this bike." Pretty much the same approach when I'm tearing it up in the canyon runs with the guys. My mechanic/tuner that built my bike calls it a "penis showing contest," meaning it's not a roadracing bike, but rather who has the most hp to show. Kind of funny really. But I am enjoying getting to know it's limits on the track, and I have not had any issues with 600s trying to take me out, etc.. faster riders blow by and keep going. One note with being at the track; I constantly have riders slowing approaching my pits and ask if it would be ok if they could take a picture of my H2. That's the other reason I bought this bike :cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Bought it out of wanting pure excitement! Not in a hurry to modify, I think it's a shame to modify right away and not learn how to ride it pure and simple. It's a crime seeing these bikes pulled to pieces, butchering it ( and showing the world) trying to get every available horsepower out of it instead of learning how to actually ride well. Just owning it, riding it, looking at it gives me great pleasure!
Jeffro ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts