Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got caught is a pop-up shower on what was a clear Saturday morning when leaving house. Walk out to overcast sky's leaving hair cut place. Pulled over under 1st overpass and waited it out. 30min after rain passed:crying:, rode her to her resting spot... home in garage. Checked out the dirty-ness. Need-less to say, not a happy camper her. Gonna take her apart and really get her clean before this weekend. that leaves me one day actually. At least I got to try out rain mode and boy does it blow. Turns this beast into a 300cc bike. Well that's what it felt like to me anyways...:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I used TC3 a few weeks ago when I went out early and the roads were damp and a bit greasy. It worked just fine, I could feel it intervening.

Only used the rain mode once by accident when I was filling the tank and trying to zero the trip meter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Only used the rain mode once by accident when I was filling the tank and trying to zero the trip meter.

Lol, glad it's not only me that's done that...

And yes, I wondered what happened to the bike. Thought I'd broken it. My W650 felt faster compared to rain mode...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Got caught out yesterday myself.No real hard downpour...but enough to saturate the roads...bike was a mess.Against the 'advice' of the factory instructions about car wash spray deals...I had to.Stuff was everywhere.Washed her down,rode her home(about a several city block ride)...detailed her out.Seems much easier to clean up than my 14 for sure.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's too bad, but it happens. The dirt is second to rain mode not being good though. Do you think rain mode sucks generally or was it just the intesity of the rain that was the real problem?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Got caught out yesterday myself.No real hard downpour...but enough to saturate the roads...bike was a mess.Against the 'advice' of the factory instructions about car wash spray deals...I had to.Stuff was everywhere.Washed her down,rode her home(about a several city block ride)...detailed her out.Seems much easier to clean up than my 14 for sure.
Just curious but what products are you using to detail your H2?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
1-)SS6 Hybrid Sealer from Chemicalguys.2-)3 coats of Beasley's sealer.Swirling or such,Meguair's ScratchX 2.0.3-)...'Spa Towel' to buff out.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's too bad, but it happens. The dirt is second to rain mode not being good though. Do you think rain mode sucks generally or was it just the intesity of the rain that was the real problem?
Rain mode IMO definitely sucks. I totally get why they have it but man! It really blows... at least one can argue Kawa did think about ones safety in rainy conditions.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
About cleaning: I use a Meguiar's lambswool mitt, cold water and automotive shampoo. I do one panel at a time starting from the top and leather off as I go. It seems to come up as new with little effort.

Worth mentioning: Clean in one-direction only, never in circles and the same for leathering off. Wash out the mitt and leather after use.

If you do need to use a duster only do it after the bike's been washed and use a microfibre cloth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts