Ninja H2 banner
161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everybody! Just got my 2016 H2 yesterday. Been riding since 1990, so 27 years I guess. I live in southwestern VA so we have a lot of nice twisty roads here. Looking forward to trying them all out on this beast!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I have been riding for about 8 years. Kawasaki from the start. ZX9-R, ZXR750 -92, ZX7-R -99, ZX10-R -07. And now I bought one of my dreambikes since it came out. The H2 Carbon edition 2017. Live in Sweden and waiting eagerly for the spring and summer to arrive. :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I see I didn't introduce myself in this thread. Better late than never.
I have been riding for over 50 years. I am a factory trained Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Husky, Triumph, BSA, Can-Am, Penton/KTM, Rickman mechanic.
I raced flat track expert amateur and pro(watch On any Sunday and the flat trackers are who I grew up with and most are my friends), and road raced. Won a few desert races, podiumed a couple of motocrosses.
I worked at Kawasaki dealerships from 70 through 81. I grew up on H1s and H2s. And have owned both a 71 H1 and a 73 H2.
Have had most of the big Ninjas with the exception of the ZX14. An 85 900, a 88 zx10, 91 ZX11, 2000 ZX12, 2005 ZX10.
And I have a 2009 Concours 14.
I'm first on the list for the 2018 H2.
Yes, I am old but still stupid! Haven't slowed down a bit. The only change I have made in my riding is I am far more careful of getting a ticket.
I am also a software/hardware engineer. I design electronics and software for gaming machines(yes, slots).
Ted

·
Registered
19 Posts
they say my SX SE will be in Clarkston, WA. anytime between this week and June.
been riding since 16, 46 years. holy shite- how did we survive all those wild rides?!? spring rarely comes early here in Idaho, but when it does, it's GORGEOUS!
oh yeah- - when the Kaw arrives, the pristine 2014 blue Honda Valkyrie (8k miles and all the accessories) will go on Cycletrader.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All

I am Shan. I am from India. Was riding Royal Enfield Classic 500 upto now. Covered almost all the Indian Peninsula on my saddle. I have booked Ninja H2 SX SE as I am more into touring and not racing. With so many of you experienced superbike gurus, I feel privilege to be part of this Forum. This is my first superbike that I am going to Own and your guidance will be needed by me in understanding the basics of the the Superbike maintenance to keep running on it.
I will get my Ninja in August. I have asked for the frame sliders. Shall I also order the fork sliders? Unlike the frame sliders the form sliders are not manufactured by Kawasaki. Will R&G be good or Evotech?

Any other guidance will be really appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
From what I've experienced in my unfortunate crashes,the forks haven't hit the ground.With the bike sitting on it's side.They've never hit.But it's up to you...wouldn't hurt I suppose.The main thing is the side sliders.THOSE do help keep the fairing from hitting.

And BTW...WELCOME!Great choice there.You're gonna LOVE your new H2SE.

In case you weren't sure about the frame slider fitment,the pointed end goes to the rear.I've seen a few pics with those the other way.That's not how they install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
My name is Bill. I’m born and raised in Brooklyn ny when I retired from Fdny I moved to Daytona Beach and went to whotech where I graduated with honors with a diploma in Suzuki,Kawasaki,Honda, and Yamaha. Plus a Dynojet certification. As well as a Bronze Suzuki service pro cert. I ride a 2014 BMW S1000RR that I finally finished paying for. I love all 1984-1987 turbo Buick Regal (hence my screen name) my baby is a 1987 Buick Regal Grand National WE4 special edition that I love more then any vehicle I own.
A few months ago my friend went down on his 2018 H2 (still runs and moves). Long story short he bought it from the insurance company and sold it to me. It’s a salvage rebuildable title so if I decide to put it back together I will add it to my family of vehicles. All I know for sure is the frame, engine, forks, and rear swing are not bent or broken. I do know it needs plastic and a tank. I had our other friend check it out for me. I still haven’t seen it yet. I’m actually expecting it to be delivered today.
Either way I love forums and I’m happy to be here. If anyone has questions about other bikes and I can help just feel free to ask. I buy a lot of wrecked bikes and either part then out of put them back on the road as a hobby. As a profession I worked 2 years with nypd and the other 18 as a nyc firefighter till I hit my 20 and took my pension. Now I’m a public Bus operator.
That’s about all I can think of. I also love to DJ with old school records and turntables.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another old guy here waiting on a new bike! Got a deposit in under the wire on a H2 Carbon, meanwhile trying to keep miles off the S1000RR while I try to sell it. Weather here in the Great State of Texas has had some decent riding days and while I thought the wait would be a walk-in-the park...not so much. I'm pretty excited about this bike!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello from still snow-covered Cape Cod. I'm shopping an H2 SX and still trying to sort out what features come on what years/models. My present ride is a 2009 BMW F800 ST and I've done a bit of long-trip riding on it, from the northern Adirondacks, Maine, VT and Canada, down to the mountains of NC, TN, WV, and VA.

I'm 68, retired from the newspaper biz and a former NIASE certified automotive tech. I've worked at dealerships that sell Porsches, Volvos, Audis, Triumphs, and also Honda, BSA and Bultaco motorcycles.

If BMW would hurry up and manufacture the R1250 RS I might not be looking around, but because they keep pushing that date into the future, I began armchair shopping and am very intrigued by the SX.

-dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Just discovered this forum. Hadn't had a bike in 5 years and my last one was a zrx1200 2001. Wanted something similar but with fuel injection and more power. Bought the 2018 SE 2 weeks ago after doing a bit of research and am very pleased with it. I currently live in the interior of Florida but did most of my riding previously in Utah. Thinking of a long trip to Tucson to visit family and then heading up to the mountain west with it... my old stomping ground. I love the power of this bike. I always thought, with previous bikes, that you could never have enough power, well with this one I'm completely satisfied and feel no need to do any mods to get more.
My only concern with this bike is it's range. Conservatively I'm thinking it's about 200 miles being gentle on the throttle. Traveling through west Texas on 10 though there are some long stretches between gas stations and so I'm likely going to have to carry a few extra pints of gas just to be safe.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts