Ninja H2 banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello ninjas

I am with you Bill, was at the local wreckers a while back, walked in thought That's a H2
The guy told me no write off, clear title, now its mine. Looking forward to having it up and running.
Before this I have mostly stuck to the Gsxr's, I have really enjoyed reading the forum
and checking out the youtubes some of you guys have put up. For me I like the technical side
of the bikes, finding out about the different set ups, what works and why.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to here and am looking hard at the Z H2. I've ridden a number of Harleys, Yamahas, and own a Thruxton 1200 R. What's everyone's take on it? How's everyone's H2 treating them? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
22K miles on my 2015.No issues.Akra muffler(shorty).No sound chamber below.Flashed by Guhl.PCV setup from Brock's.Runs great.PLENTY of power(and fun).Kawasaki reliable.Seat redone for mileage.Have no idea the HP at this point,or TQ.But I'll never get her up to the limits.I think the Z model will NOT be as strong as the H2.But probably plenty of fun regardless.It is a different beast.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's not really comparable to anything, you have to own one for a few thousand miles to understand. Most reviewers are 'wanabe's". Unless you are a very good rider it will at some time scare the sh*t out of you!

Mine treats me just fine because I respect it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
yeah.Ya got that right.My 14R gets the switch for LONG LONG term rides.But my H2 gets everything in between.I guess riding all day is a 'long' ride?For me it's fine.Maybe about 4-500 a ride.I switch to my 14 once in a while.But it's similar in power a feel...so I'm good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
They are not a long range cruiser, if you have time to look at the scenery then your riding the wrong bike, I use my 1100 for that.

The H2 is a very angry bike and has to be ridden with a little aggression.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"The H2 is a very angry bike and has to be ridden with a little aggression".

Whattaya mean 'a little aggression'?I wouldn't exactly say mine is mean.More like,it knows it's the king and doesn't mind 'checking out the scenery' once in a while.I do all day rides all the time between 65 mph and 190mph.Mine is VERY comfortable.I redid the seat way back when just for cruising long rides.It cruises wonderfully.

ALMOST as smooth (suspension wise)as my 14r.Think it's the bike length and weight.Vibration wise..they're equal...virtually none.

·
Registered
429 Posts
For me I need a more padded seat to keep my mind of a sore butt when doing long rides. A bit off aggression takes my mind off of it, that's what!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, just a little hello. Recently bought a brand new 2018 H2SXSE leftover and already have the Vcyclenut ZX10 full exhaust and his tune. Bike made 225hp at a local dyno meet. Looking to get an intercooler as when I raced a very fast ZX10R I only beat him 2 out of 4 races because the inlet temps were getting high enough to pull timing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi everybody, not sure if i'm posting in the correct section here.
Just joined the forum and would like to say hello.

My name is Nazar and i am from the Netherlands.
Picked up a Kawasaki H2 2015 last week.

Have ridden the bike twice now but am not happy about the way it rides. The trotthle is very snatchy at low rpm and i absolutely hate it.
Am now going to try the BOV upgrade to the Turbosmart BOV to see if that helps.

Will be around here a lot for information an discussion!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Firstly, hello Nazar!

There's a fair amount of info in threads about the snatchy throttle.
Some involve a change from the throttle hand grip from a 1/6th turn to fully open, to a 1/4th turn. (I've done this).

Another is to have the ECU properly tuned to provide better fuelling/timing etc, especially at lower throttle openings (done this too).

And another is to go 2 teeth down on the rear or 1 up on the front sprockets. (I've gone 2 down at rear).

The best change I noticed was after Woolich tuning to the ECU, with fine tuning on a Dyno.

Cheers,

Don.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Firstly, hello Nazar!

There's a fair amount of info in threads about the snatchy throttle.
Some involve a change from the throttle hand grip from a 1/6th turn to fully open, to a 1/4th turn. (I've done this).

Another is to have the ECU properly tuned to provide better fuelling/timing etc, especially at lower throttle openings (done this too).

And another is to go 2 teeth down on the rear or 1 up on the front sprockets. (I've gone 2 down at rear).

The best change I noticed was after Woolich tuning to the ECU, with fine tuning on a Dyno.

Cheers,

Don.
Hi Don, thank you for your reply.
I have started taking appart the bike now to make some modifications.

I have already removed the AIS system and will make some stainless steel block off plates at work next week.
Going to upgrade the BOV and remove the return hose.
Will remove the BOV solenoid and hook up the BOV straight to the throttlebodies.

Also will try to modify the taillight and integrate the turnsignals into the unit.

Now that i have the bike appart i found a loose wire running to the ECU.
I think it's a wire needed to tune the bike with Woolich tuning package.

I am planning on buying FTECU to flash my ECU because that is also what i use on my R1 and i am familiar with the software. Is it possible the FTECU software gets in conflict with my ECU because it has already been flashed with Woolich?

Nazar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody,
mauro from Treviso, close to Venice, Italy. Friday I will have my new h2sx se and I’m happy to come back to Kawasaki: in the past I had the zx9r and then I moved to BMW (s1000rr is great, in any case!).
happy to be here!
mauro

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to NinjaH2.Org - The largest and friendliest Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum! As a new member we ask that you introduce yourself to us. Tell us a bit about your riding history, why you love (or hate!) the Kawasaki Ninja H2, and a bit about yourself.

Thanks! :)
Hi,
I've been riding for decades, currently having a 2020 H2 in my garage. Also I have a classic racer zxr750, track day bike cbr600RR and crf450R for dirt, snow and ice.
Before H2 had 6 ZX-10R/RRs in a row but 12 mos ago ordered the Real Beast.
Last very exceptional or peculiar season I was able to do only 10kkms and 3 sets of tires.
She has full Vandemon, Woolich flash, DNA filter etc. Pulled 275HP in dyno, 144Nm and +130dBs;)
Now winter season up here in Finland and bored to wait the spring to come (March-April) and this lockdown hopefully to end.
Have taken her to track days, road trips and even quarter mile once. Looking forward to taking her next summer to 1 mile and German autobahns for HS-touring.

RegaRRds,
Batman & Ninja

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 H2, 2000 SV650S 796cc
2 Posts
Hello from Poland!

I am Mike and I have '15 H2 and '00 SV650S overbored to 796cc motor.

Glad to be here :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to NinjaH2.Org - The largest and friendliest Kawasaki Ninja H2 Forum! As a new member we ask that you introduce yourself to us. Tell us a bit about your riding history, why you love (or hate!) the Kawasaki Ninja H2, and a bit about yourself.

Thanks! :)
Just bought my H2. Looking for a group to ride with in Florida(US). Love it! Waaay faster than my ZX14.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a uni student who alongside their degree is looking to design and hopefully one day build a v8 based on the h2r engine. Mainly here for the technical knowhow but the nice bike pictures are appreciated too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey all,

I was an avid motorcycle rider and racer in my younger days. Started with a Honda Elsinore 125cc dirt bike, next up was a '82 Kawasaki GpZ 750 that had a set of 29 mm Mikuni smoothbore carbs. Then came the Suzuki's... '82 Suzuki Katana - one of the most awesome bikes ever! I started street racing then went into a full blown dragbike. Unfortunately I traded the Katana (biggest mistake ever) as partial payment on a Racevisions (Puppet) 72" pro mod chassis with a 1150 body, Kosman rims, 9" car tire slick, and wheelie bars. I added a 1327 cc 1150 based engine w/ Nitrous and was off to the races! I added a '86 Suzuki GS 1150 E to the toy box. It was set up for street racing as well. Ended up selling the dragbike (Second biggest mistake ever) and haven't had the 1150 on the road in 15 years.

Now comes the mid life crisis at 56 years old, enter the Kawasaki H2 Carbon. Go big or go home... Watching too many 650ib and Brock Davidson YouTube videos can be a dangerous thing to one's wallet! As hard as I've tried I can't talk myself out of this and of course finding a 2021 H2 Carbon is like finding a unicorn. But the search is on, wish me luck! I hope to learn a lot here and possibly save a few errors by learning from the mistakes and advice of others.

181 - 200 of 203 Posts