Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So from day one I've been taking everything off theH2 I could... I have no reflectors or stock muffler I have a lithium battery in numerous titanium bolts and nuts. I have no reflectors, no cat and the stock muffler is gone. Added the Akrpovic ZX10R slip on. I have a Shoria lithium battery and numerous titanium bolts and nuts No mirrors (set up for track) and she's full of fuel. She weighs in at 490.4 so no fuel she's down to 455.9. Not too bad! I'm very happy with that....I have a set of BST wheels on the way so that will definitely help even more and I'm going to add light weight EBC front disks. Also over the winter I'll add some more titanium...... I'd love to lose another 20 lbs.......:D

This shot is of the scale and then you need to take away 4 lbs for the straps and ratchets I used.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think that's just GREAT!I weighed mine with full tank....pretty much the same mods you have...battery,Akra..mine weighed in at 500 even.That was before the tail tidy install.Probably lost a coulple of pounds with that.I'm really happy how mine feels.If I ditch the tool kit...I'll lose another lb or so.I will say...I always fill my tank to above the neck ring in there.Virtually all the way up.So that adds a bit more weight.Your obsevation about fuel usage and weight loss from it is keen.Good job Some on those mods.

Haven't removed my mirrors yet.Probably gonna keep those.But it is curious as cool as they are,why Kawasaki didn't design a slimmer stalk attachment.The winglets...I see the reasoning there...but the thick mechanism...surprised they didn't come up with something else.Sa'll good though..they have their reasons.I DO like being able to fold em in when I need to while working around my bike.I may consider getting the ones like you have...possibly installing some bar end mirrors?Never used those.Might be fine.Maybe just one on the left bar end?I'm so used to head checking anyway...I really don't want to know if someone's gonna rear end me while stopped;)There's rarely an out...not in time anyway.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Somefun,

BST's are nice but I suspect you will regret puttinig them on for the track if you ride there. A racer friend said big mistake, took away all the front end feel, and would run wide on corner exits.

Here is a little tip, add neodymium magnets to the inside of each brake caliper, keeps the pads retracted after braking at all time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...NjWnXbC7zg0psi2fWd16lQ&bvm=bv.102022582,d.cGU

Rhody...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Good info there Rhody.I have to agree some with the BST performance.I had these on my 14R.Thought they were great.Then I found out...in any curve or sustained leaned over position at anything above 120...they would flex.All the suspension tuning(on my bike)in the world wasn't gonna stop the wallowing and loose feeling from those wheels.Lower speeds...they were fine.Also...I think this may have been confirmed as the Company began offering a heavier(thicker)construction.For large sportbikes(meaning,heavier...like the 14 and H2).If you DO get these wheels...make sure you get the upgraded version.There's a lighter one,and the heavier constructed one.Weightwise...they're almost identical.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Silver! She is lighter than I had thought.....but I went for a ride today with the mirrors off and now they are back on. Didn't like riding the street with them off. I just did it because I have a few track days coming up. I put them back on but didn't plug in the turn signals so they are easier to swap to the block off plates. When I'm done with the track days I'll plug them back in.......

PS they weight 1.06 lbs each.

Rhody I have a set on my 10R and honestly didn't get that impression at all in the track. Also had a set on my ZX14 and they felt great. I took them off the 14 because we find my self on many dirt roads when we go on our long rides down south. I was afraid I may break one.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
My BST wheels on my "other" bike are awesome!!! Best mod short of a SuperCharger!

Had em 8 years, still look brand new and ride perfect, never no handling issues,

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well...there you have it!Pros and cons for BSTwheels.Go with whatcha know:)

Good to know those stock mirrors are only one pound and change.Question...to anyone really that may have done some LSR's...should I fold these back then when I go to do my next top end run?Or do you think they'd be a good thing to have 'out'(extended) at those speeds?

·
Registered
317 Posts
so from day one i've been taking everything off theh2 i could... I have no reflectors or stock muffler i have a lithium battery in numerous titanium bolts and nuts. I have no reflectors, no cat and the stock muffler is gone. Added the akrpovic zx10r slip on. I have a shoria lithium battery and numerous titanium bolts and nuts no mirrors (set up for track) and she's full of fuel. She weighs in at 490.4 so no fuel she's down to 455.9. Not too bad! I'm very happy with that....i have a set of bst wheels on the way so that will definitely help even more and i'm going to add light weight ebc front disks. Also over the winter i'll add some more titanium...... I'd love to lose another 20 lbs.......:d

this shot is of the scale and then you need to take away 4 lbs for the straps and ratchets i used.
ebc discs still tba

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are you sure your balance worlks good?

I have same things in mine and with fuel reserve so about 3 liter the weight was around 218 kg 500 lb
Full tanto it s 17 liters so around 12,8 kg and 28,5 lbs

So mine with full tank it s 526-527lbs.

I have same things no cat akra exhaust lithium battery and small licenze plate.

Mmmmm or mine is wrong or there is something strange

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
This is strange.Yours being heavier that is.Two of us weighed our 'modded' bikes...only 6 lbs difference...probably the fuel doing it(between ours)."take away 4 lbs for the straps and ratchets i used."...yup..then it'd be right even with mine.So two at 500lbs.Where did you place the bike on the scale...centered?Your registered weight has to be wrong.Unless your fuel somehow weighs more?Is that possible?No way could it weigh heavier than a factory configured bike.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Well...there you have it!Pros and cons for BSTwheels.Go with whatcha know:)

Good to know those stock mirrors are only one pound and change.Question...to anyone really that may have done some LSR's...should I fold these back then when I go to do my next top end run?Or do you think they'd be a good thing to have 'out'(extended) at those speeds?
LSR, take off the mirrors and use flush block off plates with countersunk fittings, then masking tape over the plates to insure there are no crevasses or screw heads to disrupt airflow.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I also have the gas cap assembly swapped out for a Lehtec which save almost 2 lbs. my scale set up is new and seems spot on from the other things I weighed..m

·
Registered
587 Posts
What did your 10r and zx14r weigh in at.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 10R was 374 lbs with no fuel. I love the light weight bikes and I'm hoping to lighten up the H2 another 10 to 15......

·
Registered
587 Posts
^WOW! You shaved off some good weight on the 10r. Ya I love my BST wheels too lol. Definitely wondering how much lighter they will be than those factory H2 Rims.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^WOW! You shaved off some good weight on the 10r. Ya I love my BST wheels too lol. Definitely wondering how much lighter they will be than those factory H2 Rims.
Yeah she's an absolute blast to ride! Just wish she had more low end like the H2 but once she gets going holy cow look out down right wicked! >:D

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Ya I always talk about my 10r powerband like a big turbo car lol. Not much at the start, but once she gets up in the revs look out lol.

I really wonder where all the weight in the H2 lies. Sure the charger, and airbox will add some weight over the regular bikes, but its still a pig.

Reactions: ben1000z
1 - 20 of 34 Posts