Ninja H2 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water to Air Intercooler Systems Available now.

Average IAT drop of 30 degrees.
Average Coolant Temp drop of 5-10 degrees.

Have seen 50 degree IAT differences on two bikes side by side, same mods, just one with W2A.

3-5 Working Days after receipt of a core plenum, or can provide a new plenum for you.

The kits are $2000 with an upper plenum core exchange.

You can pay $2000 plus a $500 deposit up front, I will refund the $500 to you if I receive the OEM upper plenum back within 7 days of delivery of W2A system.

If this isn't allowed, feel free to delete.

https://youtu.be/zICJ8Z7ePzs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This system ALWAYS cools, from the time you turn the key on to the time you turn it off.

Pump guaranteed for 20,000 hours.

Does not introduce any fluids into the engine.

Does not effect cylinders individually. Cools the entire motor all together as one unit.

Does not require maintenance. Top off water level once a week to two weeks, MAYBE. Depends on how much you ride.

These kits are very involved. For the money you are getting:

Custom Intercooled Upper Intake Plenum
Heat Exchanger with Custom Bracket
Water Reservoir
Water Pump Guaranteed to 20,000 hours
Rectifier Relocation Bracket
High Quality Anodized Black Push Lock Fittings
Powdercoated Parts Throughout
All lines

Compare everything you get plus the fact that this is The ONLY full scale overall reliability + power mod you can get on the market.

This kit is perfect when combined with Jaleel or RG62 Gear Sets.

INCREASED BOOST MEANS INCREASED HEAT! COOL THE MOTORS BACK DOWN WITH THE MC CYCLE WORKS WATER 2 AIR INTERCOOLING SYSTEM!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Before I throw down 2k, can you post some picks of install locations and build quality? If I have a plastic tank sticking out the side it's obviously not good, but some more information would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I made a post with a bunch of pictures and of course lost it. Give me just a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've included some pics.

All the brackets/water pump mount/etc are CNC cut and will be powder black before shipment and/or install.

Reservoir is NOT plastic, it as CNC cut aluminum then welded and powdercoated as well as leak tested.

All fittings are anodized black Push Locks- the brass fittings you see in the pic of water pump are for test use only.

The plenum has the air intake chamber welded completely seperate from the water tanks, meaning ZERO chance for any leaks whatsoever.

Datalog from Dyno show 4th-6th pull, max boost temp 190 degrees. Typically non-intercooled bike shows 220+.

Log with 5th gear pull only shows max temp of 165 degrees.
Typically non-intercooled bike shows 200+

Dyno chart shows the difference just from the W2A. We did nothing else to the bike in that time.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Any weight update?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think is about 8lbs, but don't quote me on that. I can say for certain the kit works extremely well. For you Americans it was 72 the other week at night and my cruising temps were 95 degrees. Full pull saw no more then 150-160.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Yeup. I have a guard on mine.

Reactions: H2QIK

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just looking for information but whats the difference between this and a Meth kit performance wise? Pros and cons? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Can't comment on water-meth performance BUT.

Water-meth requires another fluid for you to top up and keep an eye on. Water-meth will only reduce the intake temp during the time that it is actually injecting fluid whereas intercooling will be active all the time (and you can argue that the water-meth will only reduce intake temp under conditions when it is actually needed so perhaps this makes no difference). Water-meth requires someplace to put the tank; intercooling requires someplace to put an extra radiator (6 of one half dozen of other).

Here's an auto-industry term that I am all too familiar with: FMEA. "Failure mode effects analysis". (I deal with these all the time.) What can go wrong, and what happens when each of those things goes wrong. The main things that can go wrong with a supplementary intercooling system is that the pump stops working (so, use a good one) or electrical supply to the pump fails (so, wire it properly), or the fluid leaks out (so, use good hardware and leak-test before and during final assembly). In each case, if the failure happens despite the countermeasures, the consequence is that you revert to non-intercooled operation (stock). Water-meth has more failure modes that could be expected much more commonly. It has the same pump-failure and power-failure faults. Running out of fluid will be part of normal operation instead of only happening in the event of a leak (and, will the pump tolerate running dry?). It also has a potential failure of pump staying running when it shouldn't. If it pumps the whole contents of the fluid tank into the intake system, does it hydrolock the engine?

In both cases, the tuning of the engine has to not rely on the intercooling system as a critical function. If the intercooling or the water-meth system fails, revert to stock non-intercooled operation - this should not be a catastrophic failure.

No experience with either ... more than I care to have with FMEA.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Unless you have water loss in an intercooler system it still functions but at a lower level, , bit like a heat bank, ignoring some minor convective water flow, any time you are running the bike and not making inlet heat you cooling the intercooler , it provides an averaging
As an example a broken magnet in my old busa IC pump gave me 60c inlet temps instead of the 40-45 i was used to

All critical systems like these need regular checking , your dealer is not going to do it and may not be capable of understanding it even if asked , its up to you to do it or organise someone else to

·
Registered
867 Posts
Water to Air Intercooler Systems Available now.

Average IAT drop of 30 degrees.
Average Coolant Temp drop of 5-10 degrees.

Have seen 50 degree IAT differences on two bikes side by side, same mods, just one with W2A.

3-5 Working Days after receipt of a core plenum, or can provide a new plenum for you.

The kits are $2000 with an upper plenum core exchange.

You can pay $2000 plus a $500 deposit up front, I will refund the $500 to you if I receive the OEM upper plenum back within 7 days of delivery of W2A system.

If this isn't allowed, feel free to delete.

https://youtu.be/zICJ8Z7ePzs
Do you have anymore in stock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts