Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda's selling their new RSV13(whatever)GP STREET BIKE....new for 2016.

184,000 DOLLARS.

HP?....101.Yup,that's right...101 HP.

You can buy the upgrade kit for several thousand dollars...will take her up to 216 HP.

So hurry up you guys!The latest and Greatest...from your friendly folks at HONDA!:laugh:

·
Registered
867 Posts
That's nuts! For that kind of money she had better weight in at 300 lbs. or less.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Honda's selling their new RSV13(whatever)GP STREET BIKE....new for 2016.

184,000 DOLLARS.

HP?....101.Yup,that's right...101 HP.

You can buy the upgrade kit for several thousand dollars...will take her up to 216 HP.

So hurry up you guys!The latest and Greatest...from your friendly folks at HONDA!:laugh:
Honda stating that "the Sports Kit is not available for sale in the USA" sounds like a challenge. I think I'd rather have an R1 or a 1299 Panigale anyway.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Guys this bike is amazing and will be flashable to 216 it will be incredible. I want this thing bad but I only got like twice what it costs as my life savings lol if I had 30 k I doubt I woulda bought my 10r.......... I have seen In person pics it is ridiculous. And for the record I'd be willing to put money that 216 is a low number as the full race version is over 260 so I think more is possible. H2 isn't a race bike it's different imo.. I don't compare the h2 to race bikes and vice versa. For ever roll race the h2 wins it will get killed by a cbr 600 on any track with less than a half mile straight..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Guys this bike is amazing and will be flashable to 216 it will be incredible. I want this thing bad but I only got like twice what it costs as my life savings lol if I had 30 k I doubt I woulda bought my 10r.......... I have seen In person pics it is ridiculous. And for the record I'd be willing to put money that 216 is a low number as the full race version is over 260 so I think more is possible. H2 isn't a race bike it's different imo.. I don't compare the h2 to race bikes and vice versa. For ever roll race the h2 wins it will get killed by a cbr 600 on any track with less than a half mile straight..
I dont doubt it. People wrere astonished how much the H2 picked up post flash, wait till you see what this girls good for. In race spec they say the Honda makes about 260... On the road it'll be missing the pneumatic valves which probabaly seals off the top top of the rev band...Which I'm sure Honda made up for somewhere else in the curve... They'll be rare but I bet 250 bhp isn't out of the realm of possibility...

·
Registered
587 Posts
And for the record that wasn't meant to be anti h2 rather pro rcv213. I like the h2 and have considered buying one for late nighttime runs >:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
You won't regret the h2...that's for sure;)

I musta missed the info in the write up about '250'hp.
its not in there LOL. the 250 comes from the race bike. The rhetoric from Honda is that this is basically what the 2015 RCV customer bike is... essentially the same bike as Hayden and Jack Miller are riding...

The power levels are restricted by RPM only according to Kev Cameron. The Repsol RC213V makes 250 hp and will rev to 16,000 RPM. The US bike will only rev to 9,400...the European one to 12,000 and the power kit ups that to 14,000 RPM. The last 2,000 RPM likely disappeared with the pneumatic valves... (and likely more reasons, but I'm not technical enough to attempt)

Honda emphasizes (perhaps overemphasizes) that the RC213V-S replicates the maneuverability experience of MotoGP, but not the power. When I asked specifically what parts are actually interchangeable with the real deal I was told 80 percent are the same. For the US model, engine rpm is severely reduced. Europe models rev to 12,000, with the power kit extending that to 14,000. The US model revs only to a disappointing 9,400 rpm (there is no room on this very dense machine to place the exhaust volumes required for US noise levels, so rpm was just cut back until it could pass).
Most intersting to me... speculation is that this may be the start of a sport V4 program for the street...

I asked whether the RC213V-S implies that one day soon, a single basic design will be shared by a production sportbike, a World Superbike, and a MotoGP bike. Mr. Yoshituke Hasegawa (who is series Large Project Leader, or LPL) replied, “We have at present a split between inline and V-4, but the V-4 revolution has begun.”

·
Registered
211 Posts
I believe this bike is around 385 lbs wet? And will make 210 hp to the wheel, de-restricted. Formidable, and the closest thing a "regular Joe" will ever see to a MotoGP bike....

·
Registered
587 Posts
The bike isn't the exact one Marquez rides so not the factory one but it is the same as the "private" for lack of a better word. I think this 212 hp is posturing similar to when the h2 had 200........ It will require breaking into ecu but once it can reach 16k look out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts