Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now at 1500 miles. Once your past first service and open IT up that chain stretches. Noted yesterday while riding and checked today.

"Throttle free play !?" was a comment. The art of this life is to learn by other peoples mistakes ( mine ).

Oil filter ,,,HEADS UP ...

ENGINE BRAKING,, some joker said to turn it off...

Air Filter ,,,NEXT HEADS UP...

THIRSTY,,,thought so at first but this thing LEARNS.

I've got a pocket full of thank you's and I am loved enough to not need to be liked. I would ask we keep this post current for the benefit of new owners as these "THINGS" are falling from the heavens all over the place and PROPER GOOD advise is scattered on this forum. Ride fast and safe, Rod

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
hoping you're doing okay...you are,yes?No other intent at all.I don't have my ebc on...but I did remove that throttle free play.Will try the engine braking deal next ride.I was riding around with the Ktrc turned off...but my last ride...I decidied to leave it at the default...just to be on the 'safer' side.

Haven't checked my chain yet...just over 200 miles so far.I will though...thank you for the reminder.

Been kinda under the weather lately,so I've stayed off my bike.Don't feel totally in control just yet.I need that with this bike for sure.Easy to forget...I'm on the street.Lots can happen on the street...as we all know.Ya'll be safe and ride good!

Thanks for your post....you are correct totally...be safe...have fun....;)I don't care if anyone says I'm a wimp with this thing....it's plenty of machine for sure.I've had er up to 140 a couple of times...135 or so in some curves.I need to get to know her before I get killed on her.Way different than my 14.

·
Registered
8 Posts
At 450 miles I'm starting to see my chain loosen a little bit, I check around ~200 and didn't notice much. I haven't been hesitant to open her up here and there. No throttle free play for me, I don't know if my dealer took care of that or not. I don't have a lot of confidence in my local dealer so if they did I suppose that's a plus.

On an unfortunate note, I must have taken a rock in the corner of the upper fairing above the headlight. Fairly large chunk missing and a small crack in the fairing, only cosmetic but disappointing. I'm going to look into ordering another fairing, hold onto it until I totally beat this one, and then replace it. I will post a picture when I get a chance to grab one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
At 450 miles I'm starting to see my chain loosen a little bit, I check around ~200 and didn't notice much. I haven't been hesitant to open her up here and there. No throttle free play for me, I don't know if my dealer took care of that or not. I don't have a lot of confidence in my local dealer so if they did I suppose that's a plus.

On an unfortunate note, I must have taken a rock in the corner of the upper fairing above the headlight. Fairly large chunk missing and a small crack in the fairing, only cosmetic but disappointing. I'm going to look into ordering another fairing, hold onto it until I totally beat this one, and then replace it. I will post a picture when I get a chance to grab one.
I'm at 800miles, chain seems ok at the mo but I guess they'll have checked it at the first service.
Haven't had any problems with free throttle, biggest issue for me is the clutch being so tight ! Neutral still hard to find too.

I too must have picked up something off the road as my fairing has a bit of a scuff mark .... sounds like more or less same place as yours ... I was gutted when I saw it but yours sounds worse :-(

I'm trying to ride the bike and not think about it. How much is a new fairing ? Mine's not at the stage where it would warrant a replacement but could be with a few more stone chips.

Post a pic of yours and see if it makes me feel better ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My suggestion for traction control is 2 (-2) for normal ( if such a thing exists ) riding. This will allow for a cold tyre. A conscience decision needs to be made to turn it off the traction as the bike is full of wheelie power right across the rev range.

I have talked to two highly experienced sprayers but seem to loose them when I talk about a 3 -5 micron layer. As nice as this paint is it sounds like we will be seeing Candy apple green H2s. Which wont be a bad thing. If I can stop riding it I could get busy and develop a carbon fibre replacement. There in lies the problem,,,off out on bike again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts