Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2018 H2. Want the 2019 color tft display. Having a hard time reading the display that comes with the bike. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the new display and get it on my 2018?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
So I have a 2018 H2. Want the 2019 color tft display. Having a hard time reading the display that comes with the bike. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the new display and get it on my 2018?
I am in the EXACT same boat.

First the 2019 parts are not available yet.

Second I may very well be possible it is a plug and play, our 2018 bikes have pretty much the same info, and hopefully they just changed the display.
We won't know till someone is brave enough to try it. I have a feeling the parts are going to be pricy. Also it looks like they may have changed some of the plastic surrounds.

If it end up being possible, I will do it. But at the moment we have to wait till next April to get any parts.

·
Registered
625 Posts

Second I may very well be possible it is a plug and play, our 2018 bikes have pretty much the same info, and hopefully they just changed the display.
We won't know till someone is brave enough to try it. I have a feeling the parts are going to be pricy. Also it looks like they may have changed some of the plastic surrounds.

If it end up being possible, I will do it. But at the moment we have to wait till next April to get any parts.

I think it will be unlikely to be plug and play Ted, especially given the functionality of the new display with Bluetooth connectivity etc. You can change the settings of the bike all from a phone app so I suspect it’s a different ECU, wiring loom etc. Plastic surrounds are also different too as per pic.
I’ll find out next March when mine arrives

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think it will be unlikely to be plug and play Ted, especially given the functionality of the new display with Bluetooth connectivity etc. You can change the settings of the bike all from a phone app so I suspect it’s a different ECU, wiring loom etc. Plastic surrounds are also different too as per pic.
I’ll find out next March when mine arrives

I don't disagree, but the display may be separate from the Bluetooth stuff and have a different module, usually stuff like that is seprate. I did mention the surrounds.
And rub it in, that you are getting the new bike.;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't disagree, but the display may be separate from the Bluetooth stuff and have a different module, usually stuff like that is seprate. I did mention the surrounds.
And rub it in, that you are getting the new bike.;)

You should trade yours too now it’s high mileage! Got to be a easier than trying to retrofit a display

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Ted, thanks for responding. No doubt it will be expensive. I wanted to buy another fancy washer like the one that holds our muffler to the frame. It was $70.00 plus dollars for a washer!! I can only imagine what a TFT display would cost! Let's work on it together and share info as it becomes available.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Ted, thanks for responding. No doubt it will be expensive. I wanted to buy another fancy washer like the one that holds our muffler to the frame. It was $70.00 plus dollars for a washer!! I can only imagine what a TFT display would cost! Let's work on it together and share info as it becomes available.
The TFT price is gonna be approx 1700€ without VAT (+ -) 🙂

·
Registered
625 Posts

UK price for the H2 SX TFT display is £1636.54 (around $2122) so assuming it’s doable it wont be a cheap fix..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Given the cost of the Kawasaki item, you would almost be better off looking at some of the racing dashboards made for bikes. Some full colour ones are available now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, look at it this way it would still be cheaper than buying a completely new bike.
Don't you have a 2018 H2 - SXSE as well? This bike has a TFT screen, try swapping it to your 2018 H2 to see if it's even possible before you purchase a 2019 TFT screen.

Option 2

Don't do anything, try getting used to the screen you can't see :nerd:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Given the cost of the Kawasaki item, you would almost be better off looking at some of the racing dashboards made for bikes. Some full colour ones are available now.
Any chance you have a link to one of those dashboards?

Tried to Google...
But I can't seem to find them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Better Displays

Are there some made for the H2? If so who sells them?

·
Registered
277 Posts
More about the 2019 design

https://youtu.be/LrGL6FLf2_4

Interesting, this is the first I've heard of the 2019 models having a smartphone connection feature.

Also I think it is of note that this is the first official info from Kawasaki noting the "potential" of the H2 to get to 300 hp. I always assumed it was kind of a wink and nudge from Kawasaki that they wouldn't officially acknowledge it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Also I think it is of note that this is the first official info from Kawasaki noting the "potential" of the H2 to get to 300 hp"...nope.They said at the beginning in 2015 the motor was able to handle 1 1/2 times more stress than it was rated at. They were already telling buyers 'don't worry about the factory numbers.it'll do much more'.
I think it's taken a really good turn.They listened to what people wanted in a spendy sportbike like the H2.I like what he said at the end..'I want people to open it up to full throttle and feel the ride of their lives'...so cool.

I have to say...I LIKE the dash on my 2015.It's very sublime and unbusy.Dark.Like the mood of the bike.Navigating the selections is nothing.I need simple;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts