Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to give you guys a heads up that I put in some dyno work today.

I picked up 13 SAE horsepower today for a total of 261.84hp. That is up from my last run of 248.73 done a couple months back with the CAT and Brock's Alien Head slip-on.

Video to come soon. STD figures are probably just shy of 270hp. I forgot to get that printout but I will ask for the file.

After that run I put in Q16 and picked up another 6-8hp in the entire powerband but the peak hp stayed the same.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Awesome this vandemons are more and more interesting
Does it fit on the R too?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome this vandemons are more and more interesting
Does it fit on the R too?
Yes, it should fit the R but I'm not 100% certain about all the mounting points. H2R owners are great candidates because you won't lose your H2R look and you have an optional decibel killer to bring noise down to legal levels.

·
Registered
393 Posts
very tidy indeed and cool vid

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just want to give you guys a heads up that I put in some dyno work today.

I picked up 13 SAE horsepower today for a total of 261.84hp. That is up from my last run of 248.73 done a couple months back with the CAT and Brock's Alien Head slip-on.

Video to come soon. STD figures are probably just shy of 270hp. I forgot to get that printout but I will ask for the file.

After that run I put in Q16 and picked up another 6-8hp in the entire powerband but the peak hp stayed the same.
Awesome figures mate, how did you gain that extra horsepower? From using a different exhaust? Of course I know you had that Alien head for sale so can I assume you changed exhaust to get that extra power? Vid wouldn't load up so couldn't see content.
Cheers mate
Regards
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I will wait for a few more informations.
If the diameters are the same.. Why not awesome work!
May this exhaust is the cheaper option if i slide too... much one day...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I can clean up that high rpm dip on the race fuel run I will hit 270hp SAE guaranteed!

I suspect the DNA filter is deforming at high rpm affecting the air flow. I'm going to try a Sprint P16 and then remove the filter to see what happens.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's going to depend on pipe diameter. I know the H2 and H2R are different sizes, the H2 being smaller, so maybe not.
Correct. Just want to add that the Vandemon is 48mm like the H2R but I will need to double-check the mid-pipe connection point.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Smoothing hides whats happening a bit ,looks like a 500rpm delay in the O2 and the high power run goes lean either from pump/injector setup or ign system misfire
If its a miss from the ign system reaching its limits , try regapping the plugs to .018-.020 and even replacing them with new regapped plugs
other possibilities are wheelslip, usually a series of small peaks or clutch slip, same look on the graph as wheelslip, but you will notice your oil change to a darker color quickly and sometimes you can pick a burnt smell if you remove and sniff the filler plug

·
Registered
503 Posts
Will the standard carbon can fit on the end of this if needed instead of the slash cut ??
I was wondering the same so contacted them

Here is my reply

Hello Rob
The VANDEMON Exhaust system is the same spec as the H2R exhaust with the larger 48mm down pipes as opposed to your smaller 43mm H2 down pipes. The Vandemon System is the only true H2R replica exhaust as we used a H2R exhaust system as our template the only company to have been able to do this.
Price is $2990.00 Aud + $140.00 Aud Express Air mail to the UK.
Please note that a 5% price rise will apply in the near future.
Regards,
Michael Onrust
Managing Director

Cheers Rob

·
Registered
867 Posts
I hope you guys like it.

Somefun, I gave you a little shout out. hahahahahaha

Turbo I think I heard you on the dyno from my house! Lol great job man those are some great numbers!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Smoothing hides whats happening a bit ,looks like a 500rpm delay in the O2 and the high power run goes lean either from pump/injector setup or ign system misfire
If its a miss from the ign system reaching its limits , try regapping the plugs to .018-.020 and even replacing them with new regapped plugs
other possibilities are wheelslip, usually a series of small peaks or clutch slip, same look on the graph as wheelslip, but you will notice your oil change to a darker color quickly and sometimes you can pick a burnt smell if you remove and sniff the filler plug
Thanks Oz. We did have issues with wheel slip earlier in the runs but the tire eventually warmed up and it seemed to improve.

I had not considered plugs. Hmmmmmmmmmmm That dip seems to be in every H2 graph that I've seen as well. I may install the AEM pump as an experiment as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts