Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i removed the screw that holds the noise reducer and removed the noise reducer..... now the screw is rattling around inside the muffler!

How do you get it out? I have tried a small magnet without success!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've dropped the bolt in there a few times, a magnet can get it pretty easily since the bolt is magnetic but the muffler isn't.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've dropped the bolt in there a few times, a magnet can get it pretty easily since the bolt is magnetic but the muffler isn't.
Please show me what magnet you used.

I used one on a flexible light and it did not get the nut :(

·
Registered
277 Posts
I actually had a little desk toy magnet thing sitting around like this:

Just made a string of 5-10 of these things, shoved it in the hole and heard the bolt snap to it, then carefully pulled them out trying not to snag them on the way out. I've probably done this 4-5 times over the last year or so, I swear I drop that bolt every time I put it in or out.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Something like this?

In the future i will use a nut with a small attached washed and add some safety wire to the washer, which i will hide in the muffler and just fish out when needed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hee hee hee... I'll put my hand up too. It's really easy to drop it in there, even when you poke your tongue to the left and are carefully pulling the T-bar out, one touch on the side and "tink", it's gone.

Mine is a stainless bolt, magnet was no good but rolling it around the muffler I could get it to the hole and out.

Safety wiring the thing makes sense, I'll might do that too or just remember to put a dob of grease on the allen key first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts