Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike is being tuned professionally by motorcycle mall in NJ and the USA representative for woolich, so it’s not someone just abusing the bike.

And the packing inside the my brushed full titanium vandemon exhaust just catches fire and starts to eject debris.

Is this a common Occurrence or is it a faulty part.

Here are is the video and then some pictures attached:

https://youtu.be/FNhcvWIWbEE

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would think this would be something you would discuss with Vandemon directly first. The H2R factory exhaust does that all the time as well. I don't think ive seen a single H2R or Vandemon replica not do that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
On a side note, bike looks great. Really love that new display

·
Registered
410 Posts
H2 has destroyed the primary baffle in an Austin Racing Titanium muffler. Been so hot the metal just got soft and a few back fires later it rattled around in the chamber. I have managed to straighten it and wound boiler door rope around the baffle to hold it in place and shut it up a little. High priced equipment means nothing to the H2, so much heat kills some after market systems.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So my bike is being tuned professionally by motorcycle mall in NJ and the USA representative for woolich, so it’s not someone just abusing the bike.

And the packing inside the my brushed full titanium vandemon exhaust just catches fire and starts to eject debris.

id be getting my fuckin money back, thats not normal, obviously a failure of honeycomb and packing. Almost looks like it was not ready for a hard run right of bat out the box, if theres a breakin period that should have been stated. My brocks slashcut get bright cherry at the inside i mean liquid metal orange and spits nothing but an occasional spark or two or a flame pop in shifting.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think this would be something you would discuss with Vandemon directly first. The H2R factory exhaust does that all the time as well. I don't think ive seen a single H2R or Vandemon replica not do that.
So then their is no cause for concern and it’s normal?
Just continue on no worries?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a side note, bike looks great. Really love that new display
Thanks appreciate it, yea the new display doesn’t look as sexy as the older one, but one of the most functional displays I’ve ever seen.
I Especially the use the gallon consumption measuring tool. Let’s me know pretty accurately when my gas is gonna be up. This bike drinks like a drunk.
If u make sure you ride the bike on eco setting you can go over 100miles no problem on a tank of gas

I did 69 miles to Empty hard riding
And 70 miles and only was at half tank soft eco mode

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
H2 has destroyed the primary baffle in an Austin Racing Titanium muffler. Been so hot the metal just got soft and a few back fires later it rattled around in the chamber. I have managed to straighten it and wound boiler door rope around the baffle to hold it in place and shut it up a little. High priced equipment means nothing to the H2, so much heat kills some after market systems.
Facts the exhaust looks extremely well built no corners were cut.
It still chewed it up lmao

The stock exhaust is so much thicker and it’s probably for this reason.

Let me tell you though this vandemon is the loudest bike I’ve ever heard in my life and even at the dealership too said the same thing.

Turbo329 broke a window while dynoing his bike.
While dynoing my bike the seals on 5 gallon metal containers started leaking fluids cuz of the vibrations smh lmao

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

id be getting my fuckin money back, thats not normal, obviously a failure of honeycomb and packing. Almost looks like it was not ready for a hard run right of bat out the box, if theres a breakin period that should have been stated. My brocks slashcut get bright cherry at the inside i mean liquid metal orange and spits nothing but an occasional spark or two or a flame pop in shifting.
So your saying Brock’s is better suited for the task at hand?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I emailed them today but they are closed Sunday and they are 14 hours ahead of new York.
I’m interested to see others thoughts on this matter because the h2 has been out since 2015 and the 2019 isn’t breaking any new ground when it comes to spit firing packing n honey combs id assume

So wanted a second opinion from knowledge veterans owners or of the like.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I could keep posting more lol. They all seem to shoot crap out

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Not too sure they expect a user to run his engine that way to cause orange pipes...I mean,that's pushin' it.Maybe at the track or drags.Definitely not a regular riding scenario.It actually looks like a normal new exhaust might do_Once that stuff burns out.IDK if it's 'normal' or not though.Spitting small flakes and such is normal.The flames look a bit extreme though...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Red is ok but orange is near the change in structure of the metal where it will release and take up molecular compounds. So, if you get it to go orange/ white then your past the structural integrity of the metal. The only other way is to ceramic coat the area that has the problem which is cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They all glow cherry red on the dyno. This thumbnail is of my bike when it still had the stock Kawasaki steel system. I haven't heard of a muffler breaking up like that though. The mesh has simply melted. Van Demon's response will be interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not too sure they expect a user to run his engine that way to cause orange pipes...I mean,that's pushin' it.Maybe at the track or drags.Definitely not a regular riding scenario.It actually looks like a normal new exhaust might do_Once that stuff burns out.IDK if it's 'normal' or not though.Spitting small flakes and such is normal.The flames look a bit extreme though...
It’s at the end that it starts to cook the packing and chunks starts sparking out. Look at the picture there’s a hole
In the packing.
Don’t care too much of the integrity of the packing I’m concerned about the pipe itself.
But even so don’t know if it’s normal to melt the packing ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Red is ok but orange is near the change in structure of the metal where it will release and take up molecular compounds. So, if you get it to go orange/ white then your past the structural integrity of the metal. The only other way is to ceramic coat the area that has the problem which is cost prohibitive.
So you think I should ceramic cost the exhaust is what your saying? You believe that’s the solution?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They all glow cherry red on the dyno. This thumbnail is of my bike when it still had the stock Kawasaki steel system. I haven't heard of a muffler breaking up like that though. The mesh has simply melted. Van Demon's response will be interesting.
I emailed them yesterday and will be calling them tonight, cuz they are a day ahead.

·
Registered
90 Posts
During my test ride after installing, my exhaust did something similar but not to that level. I have the same woolich and exhaust set up as you. Only did this for the first few miles and then stopped. I was told that this is fairly normal.

Did the bike get test rode outside or did u guys to straight into running on Dyno? The pipes obviously got way hotter on the Dyno than mine in the street. Maybe this exacerbated the situation a bit.

208 on the stock run is great. About what I had guessed. What did you get after everything? Did u do an air.filter as well?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts