Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News is that VANDEMON after consulting with the market place are putting into production a Carbon Tip H2R Muffler option for existing Vandemon H2 Exhaust system customers and as a choice when purchasing a brushed Natural finish or Polished Titanium H2R exhaust system. The concept was born from the release of the H2 Carbon model and was felt that something special was required for that model's release as well as giving all H2 customers whom have purchase after market carbon body work or not an exhaust that would compliment there investment. Existing Vandemon customers will be provided a modest discount for muffler only and new customers can choose to have this muffler over the full Ti canister when buying a full system for a small increase in price.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
What kind of testing was done on this to test the Durability of the Carbon on the tip?

Reactions: NOLA

·
Registered
206 Posts
News is that VANDEMON after consulting with the market place are putting into production a Carbon Tip H2R Muffler option for existing Vandemon H2 Exhaust system customers and as a choice when purchasing a brushed Natural finish or Polished Titanium H2R exhaust system. The concept was born from the release of the H2 Carbon model and was felt that something special was required for that model's release as well as giving all H2 customers whom have purchase after market carbon body work or not an exhaust that would compliment there investment. Existing Vandemon customers will be provided a modest discount for muffler only and new customers can choose to have this muffler over the full Ti canister when buying a full system for a small increase in price.
Still wondering if I can get an answer for any of my questions about this exhaust on this forum. What kind of durability testing was done on this carbon tip to make sure its not going to fail after a couple hard run miles? Or was this just another H2 aftermarket part pushed out for us to do the stress testing?

Reactions: NOLA

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your question

Still wondering if I can get an answer for any of my questions about this exhaust on this forum. What kind of durability testing was done on this carbon tip to make sure its not going to fail after a couple hard run miles? Or was this just another H2 aftermarket part pushed out for us to do the stress testing?
To answer your question quickly, no long term testing has been conducted to satisfy your need, however the method we have employed which is difficult to see subjects the carbon fibre to far less heat then it would normally experience on a conventional exhaust system that is exposed to greater heat then what the H2 can produce hence we are confident wont be a problem which might have been a issue with other brands. If in the unlikely hood the carbon fibre did heat fatigue we would provide a replaceable carbon tip and or a full Ti muffler as exchange.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know what you meant in that paragraph and thanks for the reply. It just seems the H2 market has been constantly pushed aftermarket parts without the proper testing before hand and then the H2 community are the ones fronting the bill when something goes wrong. Glad to see that if something does fail you guys will replace the can though. That's good customer service for sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you meant in that paragraph and thanks for the reply. It just seems the H2 market has been constantly pushed aftermarket parts without the proper testing before hand and then the H2 community are the ones fronting the bill when something goes wrong. Glad to see that if something does fail you guys will replace the can though. That's good customer service for sure.
Since 1979 our family operation has acquired a trusted name in Australia in the Automotive field, off the back of Affordability, Reliability and Accountability and that mindset wont change for our International clients.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Vandemon fully polished system on my H2 and have to say the quality is incredible, the welds are a work of art. I have not seen the carbon can in person but would have no concerns with fitting to my bike.

Bruce P.

·
Registered
702 Posts

In all honesty - I haven't seen an exhaust system fall apart since the D&D carbon canister days back in like 2002. lol

I think the industry as a whole has come a long way as far as how carbon fiber is implemented.

If I am allowed to make a general assumption I would say that if anyone's using race fuel to make sure they clean the tip after every ride. Race fuel is very corrosive and not good for any surface.

·
Registered
206 Posts
In all honesty - I haven't seen an exhaust system fall apart since the D&D carbon canister days back in like 2002. lol

I think the industry as a whole has come a long way as far as how carbon fiber is implemented.

If I am allowed to make a general assumption I would say that if anyone's using race fuel to make sure they clean the tip after every ride. Race fuel is very corrosive and not good for any surface.
I run MR12 in my R1 and have been now for almost 2 years on the same Graves Carbon can. Outside of it just turning white there are no other issues and I have never cleaned it right after use. So If you're having issues from some race gas then its not of very good quality if you ask me. I wish Graves made an Exhaust for the H2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts