Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went for my first ride with my new VanDemon full system, and Brock stage 2 kit (Brock purchased ECU, remapped by Guhl) and Sprint air filter, PCV)

I had the same system on my first H2 except that i used a Brock full system and the original H2 ECU for the Guhl map, instead of a Brock purchased ECU with a Guhl map, and the sprint air filer and PCV.

My new bike is now running + 20F hotter and went thru its first tank of gas in 70 miles keeping the speed under 100 mph because it was 73F and heavy rain! (I usually get 100 miles per tank riding hard).

So i gained +20 F running temp, average 175F compared to 155F with the first H2. I also lost 30 miles in tank range riding carefully vs abuse!

The bike has NO leaks of any kind (i fixed the coolant hose and checked it about 5 times, even letting the bike go to 210F while stationary.

What is also weird is that the radiator fans start at 195F but the left one blows cold air and the right one blows hot air, is that normal?

Also when i stopped at a stop sign the bike would hit 195F within 30 seconds .... and it was on 73F and heavy rain ..... that is not normal either!

Something is clearly wrong as i never had any of these issues with my first H2!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
'the left one blows cold air and the right one blows hot air, is that normal?'...when you say..'blows',where are you checking it?And no,that isn't normal.Since it's PULLING air through the rad,both fans should be pulling whatever's in front of the rad through it.Which of course is just ambient air.
Also,how is the bike running?I mean,the performance part of it.It sounds like possibly the timing got changed someway.Possibly fueling as well.The stage 2 has nothing to do with SC gearing or anything,right?
PCv,guhl flash,and piping,right?

Did this temp issue begin BEFORE you rode through 'heavy rain'?Haven't heard from anyone here about this kind of deal before with a Brock's setup.(stage 2).Unless some are just not posting it?

I have the same thing on mine,minus the Sprint and Brock piping.UNFORTUNATELY...I haven't been able to ride it since I installed the thing.But it fired right up and idled nicely.I can't be sure of course about the fan deal.Maybe the right side of the Rad is actually hotter than the left?

Sorry to hear this Kawa.

"Also when i stopped at a stop sign the bike would hit 195F within 30 seconds"...doesn't sound normal,no.You DO have your coolant level correct,in the rad and the reservoir,right?It could be low in the rad,air trapped and moved up and out.Might want to check it again just to be sure.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I place my hand next to the left or right side fairing panel, just to verify the fans are running.

I just thought it was weird that the left one was quite cold and the right one was oven hot!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You should be able to put your hand right behind the fan assemblies in there.Maybe check it there instead.Your reservoir is on that right side behind the fairing.If you have hot rad coolant going into that res,it could(possibly)heat that fairing.Check right behind the blowing fans.Sounds like one of maybe 3 things.Low rad coolant.Timing change.Fueling change.You say 'heavy rain'...just how heavy was it?Bike stumbling at all?I assume you were RIDING in it,yes?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You recently had your rad hose off.I'm suspecting MAYBE you lost coolant,OR,unclamping it allowed an air pocket to enter.I'd check my coolant level in the rad just to be sure.When you hooked it back up,did you...1)Remove the Rad cap.2)check level of coolant.3)start bike and tap the hose a bit to move any trapped air in the line,then check level again or top off.?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike otherwise runs great!

I think you are correct about the air pocket .... i will bleed the system again!

Thx for your help!

·
Registered
702 Posts
pull the water pump bolt off for a split second and as the coolant comes out torque it back on as fast as you can. That gets the air out of the bottom of the cooling system. Most people just start filling the coolant with the bolt torqued and air gets trapped.

Your symptoms are likely due to air in the cooling system. I also emailed you as well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pull the water pump bolt off for a split second and as the coolant comes out torque it back on as fast as you can. That gets the air out of the bottom of the cooling system. Most people just start filling the coolant with the bolt torqued and air gets trapped.

Your symptoms are likely due to air in the cooling system. I also emailed you as well.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts