Ninja H2 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 ninja H2, prior bike I had dropped 2 valves from me beating on it (aprilia RSV4) I take my bike up to high rpms daily (max 12K) how often should I check my valves and adjust them?
I often do pulls up to 140-150 every day but I’m not doing top speed holding high rpms longer than 15-20 seconds at a time
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
467 Posts
Normal service intervals, 12k but high rpm not under load is a killer. Don't rev the engine to show bystanders the red line. Unless you are on the race track 100% then there is no need to do the H2R service routine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal service intervals, 12k but high rpm not under load is a killer. Don't rev the engine to show bystanders the red line. Unless you are on the race track 100% then there is no need to do the H2R service routine.
Whenever I do rev it to show my buddies or anything like that I don’t go higher than 8K, is that still that bad for the bike?

also was saying whenever I drive normally the highest I shift is 12k, once in a while I’ll do a top speed run where I run 13,500

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think you would be fine at those revs, 8k for showing off the "chirp" or 12k + for high speed shifting.

I take my H2 to the track when I can and regularly shift between 12 to 13xxx rpm. The bikes are made for it.

And I agree with Rick150 regarding valve adjustment schedule. Good to make sure it's a least had the first valve clearance check done on time, then usual as per schedule. Unless, of course, you are thrashing the thing!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Can't answer that one for you, really depends on your riding style etc.
I usually think that the first valve check done on time is one of the more important ones, as the engine has gone through running in, loosening up, and likely would need that first check the most. There are far more experienced blokes on here who may be able to give sage advice for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 2016 ninja H2, prior bike I had dropped 2 valves from me beating on it (aprilia RSV4) I take my bike up to high rpms daily (max 12K) how often should I check my valves and adjust them?
I often do pulls up to 140-150 every day but I’m not doing top speed holding high rpms longer than 15-20 seconds at a time
View attachment 26707
First of all, do you have an Intercooler yet? If not, get with Travis Yager at YagerWerx. Best in the biz for your H2!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts