Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, @Turbo392; saw your video in the snow, are you F’n crazy! My bike has never even seen water :eek:

Did our usual Sunday canyon run in 70deg weather today (sorry Turbo) and absolutely SMOKED my fellow Hayabusa & BMW riders, GPS verified top speed was 191 before I had to shut down, but it was how hard-n-fast that I ran away that was the ear-to-ear grinner :D

Anyway when I got to the end of the straight and shut down I looked at my boost temp and it was at 247f, that’s 25deg more than I had seen on the track (because it was a sustained WOT on the straight run). Asked my builder if there could be any damage and he said no, not for that short period, said he had it to 272f during the dyno. Ok that freaked me out. Anyway so I’m trying to get this intercooler as soon as possible, but just wanted to throw these numbers out there for the interested parties.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for posting this cause I'm sure this is something that some of us would like to know. As for the intercooler MC Cycle Works makes them but its like a 3-4 week delay on getting it. Don Guhl at Guhl Motors also makes a Meth injection kit thats controlled through the ECU that you could try out if you don't want to spend 2k on the intercooler right now. I don't know much about Meth kits but I heard they also help the bike make more power. Maybe someone else will chime in about that one.

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for posting this cause I'm sure this is something that some of us would like to know. As for the intercooler MC Cycle Works makes them but its like a 3-4 week delay on getting it. Don Guhl at Guhl Motors also makes a Meth injection kit thats controlled through the ECU that you could try out if you don't want to spend 2k on the intercooler right now. I don't know much about Meth kits but I heard they also help the bike make more power. Maybe someone else will chime in about that one.
I overheard talk of a meth kit, wasn't sure who was doing it though. Bear racing I believe has the ring for the outlet of the blower but I'm not sure where you'd put a tank at? Interested to see if you can find anymore info

·
Registered
702 Posts
I overheard talk of a meth kit, wasn't sure who was doing it though. Bear racing I believe has the ring for the outlet of the blower but I'm not sure where you'd put a tank at? Interested to see if you can find anymore info
I vaguely recall seeing a tank mounted at the 2 bolts where the bracket is that mounts the exhaust canister.

·
Registered
702 Posts
:D
First of all, Turbo392 saw your video in the snow, are you F’n crazy! My bike has never even seen water :eek:

Did our usual Sunday canyon run in 70deg weather today (sorry Turbo) and absolutely SMOKED my fellow Hayabusa & BMW riders, GPS verified top speed was 191 before I had to shut down, but it was how hard-n-fast that I ran away that was the ear-to-ear grinner

Anyway when I got to the end of the straight and shut down I looked at my boost temp and it was at 247f, that’s 25deg more than I had seen on the track (because it was a sustained WOT on the straight run). Asked my builder if there could be any damage and he said no, not for that short period, said he had it to 272f during the dyno. Ok that freaked me out. Anyway so I’m trying to get this intercooler as soon as possible, but just wanted to throw these numbers out there for the interested parties.

Eh, it was just powder. I could literally blow it off the bike. hahahahahhaha

·
Registered
867 Posts
First of all, @Turbo392; saw your video in the snow, are you F’n crazy! My bike has never even seen water :eek:

Did our usual Sunday canyon run in 70deg weather today (sorry Turbo) and absolutely SMOKED my fellow Hayabusa & BMW riders, GPS verified top speed was 191 before I had to shut down, but it was how hard-n-fast that I ran away that was the ear-to-ear grinner :D

What do you have for mods? super charger gears?

·
Registered
702 Posts

Regarding your boost temps, here is my post from about a week ago in the "Gears" thread in the Tuning Section.

Heat is an issue for H2's in general.

Here are my thoughts/opinions on the Stage 1 and 2 in bullet point format:

• Highway droning at a steady pace - Heat is not an issue
  • Track Day sessions of 15 minutes - Heat is not an issue
  • Drag Racing at the strip - Heat is not an issue
  • A Single Top Speed Run - Heat is not an issue
  • Moderate RPM Canyon runs - Heat is not an issue
  • Dyno Sessions. Bike needs to cool down periodically - Heat is an issue
  • Fast Highway runs at redline for 30+ miles - Heat is an issue
  • Hard riding in the dead of summer - Heat is an issue
This is just off the top of my head based on my personal experience. This list could obviously grow down the road.

·
Registered
587 Posts
There has been h2s that blew up on sustained wot runs.. one was/is a member here. Needed a new engine.. The temps don't stop rising

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
: it was just powder. I could literally blow it off the bike. hahahahahhaha
Nate you don't need Coke when you have a bike with a supercharger :D

What do you have for mods? super charger gears?
yeah like Turbo mentioned I have the stage III gears, velocity stacks, race aire filter, & the H2R's fuel pump, power commander, dyno tuned, and at the moment I'm running a 19 tooth front sprocket

·
Registered
867 Posts
There has been h2s that blew up on sustained wot runs.. one was/is a member here. Needed a new engine.. The temps don't stop rising
Well the stage III set up is too sick if you’re not planning on running an intercooler IMHO. I would like to see what the stock temps are on a dyno and then the stage one set up. I don’t see two pounds of boost creating any huge issues. From what I have seen any extended WOT runs even on the stock set up and the temps will sky rocket…..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the stage III set up is too sick if you’re not planning on running an intercooler IMHO. ..
you must have missed some of my posts because I am going to install an intercooler as soon as possible, I'm just not sure if any are available right now. My goal is to have it installed before I go out for 2 days at Willow Springs (fastest track in the West) first weekend in Feb, and I HAVE to have it before doing the Mojave Mile in April. Until then I'm keep an eye on my boost temps at all times.

·
Registered
867 Posts
you must have missed some of my posts because I am going to install an intercooler as soon as possible, I'm just not sure if any are available right now. My goal is to have it installed before I go out for 2 days at Willow Springs (fastest track in the West) first weekend in Feb, and I HAVE to have it before doing the Mojave Mile in April. Until then I'm keep an eye on my boost temps at all times.
Yeah sorry Racer didn't see that. that will do the trick for sure!!! I'm hoping I won't need one but will get one if I do....

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just ordered/paid for the intercooler through MC Cycle Works
I'm stoked.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well the stage III set up is too sick if you’re not planning on running an intercooler IMHO. I would like to see what the stock temps are on a dyno and then the stage one set up. I don’t see two pounds of boost creating any huge issues. From what I have seen any extended WOT runs even on the stock set up and the temps will sky rocket…..
Flash and exhaust only, this was pre Rg sc gears came out.. I think the rpm was less than 14k too.. Think the intercooler makes it like a liter bike reliability wise for extended wot runs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you know your fuels you can run stage 3 without intercooler, but for short bursts like 9/10 and Drag Racing. I know what the Ethanol/Methanol is king in drag racing grudge bikes with big turbos and no intercooler. You can also give it giggle juice.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh my goodness, those temps are ridiculous! Honestly, you're lucky that dyno operator didn't melt down a cylinder or two. Seriously that's the highest temp I have ever seen on an H2, and on the dyno to boot. He should have never let it get that high.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Oh my goodness, those temps are ridiculous! Honestly, you're lucky that dyno operator didn't melt down a cylinder or two. Seriously that's the highest temp I have ever seen on an H2, and on the dyno to boot. He should have never let it get that high.
Boost what do you think is the low and high range that is ok? 200 to 220?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts