Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question probably..BUT...has anyone ever heard of a crate being unloaded from a truck with a 'bobcat'?:confused:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Possible depending on the type of truck, some have a gate that acts as an elevator. So all they'd have to do is wheel a pump truck under the crate, roll it over to the 'elevator' and go down to ground level.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's a little bit off topic but we have a new H-D being delivered at work tomorrow - they are lifted from the truck with a Hiab crane. It's a bit worrying to see nearly half a ton of crated H-D Ultraglide swinging around 15 feet off the ground ................

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
"You can get forks for Bobcats.its amusing to me the things you guys start threads over lol"..it wouldn't be so amusing to ya if YOU had been there when they had my 14R in the crate frame but not covered.Big ass crack and lower fairing ruined on the right side.The outer crate panels showed no damage.The metal frame had been 'pushed in' on that right rail like it was either hit with a lift,or crunched in by something.TOTAL bummer.Had to wait an additional 3 days for em to get a new lower fairing.BRAND NEW 16K bike.

Didn't know really that the bobcat had optional forks and such though..so thank you.:)

I can't EVEN imagine one of these bikes (any bike from Kawasaki)being shipped from their factory DAMAGED.Someone did it.Someone who didn't know HOW to move a bike crate effectively.

·
Registered
587 Posts
"You can get forks for Bobcats.its amusing to me the things you guys start threads over lol"..it wouldn't be so amusing to ya if YOU had been there when they had my 14R in the crate frame but not covered.Big ass crack and lower fairing ruined on the right side.The outer crate panels showed no damage.The metal frame had been 'pushed in' on that right rail like it was either hit with a lift,or crunched in by something.TOTAL bummer.Had to wait an additional 3 days for em to get a new lower fairing.BRAND NEW 16K bike.

Didn't know really that the bobcat had optional forks and such though..so thank you.:)

I can't EVEN imagine one of these bikes (any bike from Kawasaki)being shipped from their factory DAMAGED.Someone did it.Someone who didn't know HOW to move a bike crate effectively.
replacing fairings is bs. On my 10 only the ebony comes with stickers applied. So if you muck something up, up to you or dealer to put on stickers and it's impossible to get it like it came from factory

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not sure what ya mean here.It wasn't like an H2...they did have fairings for this model in other parts of the country.They called someone somewhere and had em flown in (overnight or something) I assume.

It was a letdown seeing my 0 miles bike crunched like that.

That's why I asked you guys here about 'bobcats'...cause that's what they have at my dealer.The other sales rep when we talked the other day mentioned"we'll just get the bobcat out there and unload it,we won't open it until you get here"...you can see why I(could be)a bit gunshy after what happened with my 2013.I didn't know really that the bobcat could be fitted with forks and such.I feel better now knowing that they won't be using a 'bucket'...see what I mean?

Trying to fit a crated bike into a 'bucket'...it could probably be done...but OMG,you can picture the risks of trying that.I can anyway.I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it for sure...I trust it'll be just fine and drama free.It WILL,won't it guys?;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure what ya mean here.It wasn't like an H2...they did have fairings for this model in other parts of the country.They called someone somewhere and had em flown in (overnight or something) I assume.

That's why I asked you guys here about 'bobcats'...cause that's what they have at my dealer.The other sales rep when we talked the other day mentioned"we'll just get the bobcat out there and unload it,we won't open it until you get here"...you can see why I(could be)a bit gunshy after what happened with my 2013.I didn't know really that the bobcat could be fitted with forks and such.I feel better now knowing that they won't be using a 'bucket'...see what I mean?

Trying to fit a crated bike into a 'bucket'...it could probably be done...but OMG,you can picture the risks of trying that.I can anyway.I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it for sure...I trust it'll be just fine and drama free.It WILL,won't it guys?;)
Everything will be fine **Using my best hypno-therapy voice*** your bike will be OK in the clutches of the bobcat! Lol ... I've seen bikes arrive with shipping damage before, but I imagine this bike will be crated differently... So no worries mate!

·
Registered
587 Posts

No way will they use a bucket, your all good. Plus it ain't their first rodeo ya know? I mean it really no different than any other bike while crated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts