Have many of the uk owners taken out the extended 2 year warranty

Cheers Rob

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi all

Have many of the uk owners taken out the extended 2 year warranty

Cheers Rob
I was offered it but was personally not interested and had it removed from the " package " for a cheaper ( ha ha ) bike .
I knew I would only be doing around 1500 - 2000 miles a year on the H2 and as many bikes on this forum had clocked up much higher mileage without trouble I thought it unnecessary .
Like pet insurance there is no correct answer but obviously Kawasaki and pet plan make money so on balance the odds are in your favour .

·
Registered
393 Posts
My thought was that it was not much extra and bought it myself. Hoping I don't need to use it but it's for a piece of mind for me

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Since I use my H2 for Land Speed Racing and Kawasaki UK know this I thought it would probably be a waste of money.

Having said that I'm sure that they would consider certain types of claim, unrelated to LSR use, sympathetically.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thought was that it was not much extra and bought it myself. Hoping I don't need to use it but it's for a piece of mind for me
That's basically the way I was thinking

Cheers Rob

·
Registered
836 Posts
In New Zealand the warranty is standard at 2 years.
Im sure the UK is also standard at two years .

I was offered it but was personally not interested and had it removed from the " package " for a cheaper ( ha ha ) bike .
I knew I would only be doing around 1500 - 2000 miles a year on the H2 and as many bikes on this forum had clocked up much higher mileage without trouble I thought it unnecessary .
Like pet insurance there is no correct answer but obviously Kawasaki and pet plan make money so on balance the odds are in your favour .
Although I answered that i had it removed when i brought the bike , that was for over two years , like Rick150 says two years is standard .
Kawasaki recently honoured my Clutch fluid loss problem causing frame paint loss , it was slightly over two years but I had brought fluid loss to their attention prior to the two-year finish date but had not noticed the paint damage untill after the two years .
I was impressed with kawasaki for dealing with the issue without argument .

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mine came with the bike from previous owner!

Supercharged, do you know who it was that painted your frame?
I’m afraid I don’t know but it was arranged by Colchester Kawasaki . You can find an image on this forum showing the blistering, i was only at the very bottom of the green frame behind the clutch slave .
I’m a bloody nightmare customer, truly fussy ( I think it’s fair enough on a £22,000 bike to be fussy ) but the frame is now perfect, not OK , not good or almost indistinguishable from new , it is perfect.
Next time I am there I’ll ask them for you .

Do you need work on your frame ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts