Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Was at my local Kwak dealer yesterday

Got talking about the H2SX & SE, apparently, the SX is going be around 15k and the SE around 18k

Lot of bike for the money me thinks

Rob
Agreed - and if you live outside the VAT net they're even better value :):):)

·
Registered
577 Posts
You would say that wouldn't you ! But I'll admit it's cheaper that I expected.
If I'm in the market for one I'll give you a call .
No that easy I am afraid - you would have to pay VAT on import to the UK so it would end up at the same price as a UK dealer - it's just us 'offshore' people who get them cheaper !

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If the SX is going be around 15k and the SE around 18k and these bikes have more kit on than the H2, why is the H2 25k?

Is the SX being assembled on a production line, or is Kawasaki expecting to sell more SX models?

I'm not complaining, merely pondering.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If the SX is going be around 15k and the SE around 18k and these bikes have more kit on than the H2, why is the H2 25k?

Is the SX being assembled on a production line, or is Kawasaki expecting to sell more SX models?

Good point Bob, I’d assume it will be a mass produced bike, cheaper finish, high volume equals lower cost. Paint alone will be a massive saving as the H2 is hand finished at I assume a huge labour rate. Does this spell the start of the end for the mighty ZZR1400/ZX14 ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
836 Posts

Kawasaki will be reaping the cost of development with this and later supercharged models , that combined with the standard paint , lesser brake callipers , non polished edges on the wheels etc etc all add up to a more normal price point .
Being first on board with the H2 has had more benefits than disadvantages so no complaints from me either.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Does this spell the start of the end for the mighty ZZR1400/ZX14 ?"...I don't think so.What does appear to be feasible,is a SC'd 14.This new bike,IMO,is the first of a line of '14' models.It's comparable in size,weight.Has very good options to it.Plus the perks of cruise control and all that.5 gallon tank,VERY good fuel mileage.All the things a 14 owner who rides any distances would want.So I think a SC'd 14R is in the works.May even be a larger motor than 1441.Suzuki is eyeing this new line from Kawasaki VERY closely.I believe THEY have something in the works for their Busa up ahead.It's becoming dated,as is the present 14R.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, the H2 right off the bat is a lot lighter.. and the engine materials probably don't have to stress as much since the motor is running less boost and lower RPMs which might mean cheaper engine materials ( Think R1 vs R1s here).... Regular H2 also comes with a Rear Ohlins shock..

So Pretty much the SX looks to be made with less tolerances all the way around. Might not be smart to go overboard on the tunes some people will undoubtedly aim for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
"Does this spell the start of the end for the mighty ZZR1400/ZX14 ?"...I don't think so.What does appear to be feasible,is a SC'd 14.This new bike,IMO,is the first of a line of '14' models.It's comparable in size,weight.Has very good options to it.Plus the perks of cruise control and all that.5 gallon tank,VERY good fuel mileage.All the things a 14 owner who rides any distances would want.So I think a SC'd 14R is in the works.May even be a larger motor than 1441.Suzuki is eyeing this new line from Kawasaki VERY closely.I believe THEY have something in the works for their Busa up ahead.It's becoming dated,as is the present 14R.
There wouldn't be a point of it though... The H2SX already weighs 256kg/565lbs and the zzr1400/14r 265kgs/584lbs... I easily see the bike well over 273kgs/600lbs at that point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I bet the US lot are luckier. I bet they are priced at 15-16k and 18-19k making the UK prices seem high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would be nice, because they're going to sell for crap over here in V-twin cruiser & race replica only land. This bike is just a Ninja 1000 with a blower and cruise control, as far as most American motorcyclists are concerned. >_>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts