Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you post up any other parts of the shootout? What did MCN say about the bike after they saw the performance numbers?
Looks like the R1 is a relative underperformer, all hype and no blow unlike the H2.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's times like this that remind me why I need a subscription to their mag.

Full shots of the piece they have on the 3 bikes would be great for greater insight.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The R1 was quicker round the track, the H2 was the heaviest on fuel and they criticised it's on-off throttle response. However all three testers said they would forgive its faults because it was so good. On a roll-on from 100mph it obliterated both the Hayabua and the R1, humiliated them in fact. If MCN put this on their public website I'll post the link.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Cycle World did their review of the H2 & H2R launch as well. It is in the new issue. One point that was interesting was the rider was on the R and while only having limited distance, he still hit 196 mph in top gear and still had 1500 rpm to go. Out of curiosity, I checked that with the R's gearing chart and sure enough at 12,500 rpm it was 196. It looks like it might just be feasible for the R to hit 220 at 14,000 if someone can find a long enough straightaway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts