Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this autoevolution article I am reading, insurance quotes in the UK for the Ninja H2 are a high as a third of the price of the bike! On top of that, only 1 in 44 insurance providers will even offer a quote for the Ninja H2.

The first one was £5,752, for a 43-year-old rider with 25 years of experience, 9 years of no-claim bonus, no accidents and convictions, living in Essex, a county north-east of London. When location was changed to London, the prices went even higher, reaching £7,183, which is just under a third of the bike's price.
Apparently the best insurance that you can get is from Kawasaki itself, which offers it at £899 as long as you have the GPS tracker installed on the bike.

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Insurance Quotes Are Completely Crazy in the UK - autoevolution

·
Registered
52 Posts
Load of nonsense there isnt really a big issue here. I'm insured through kawasaki for just over £700. If you phone up Carole Nash instead of doing the online calculator it is not a lot more. Ditto mce but you have to go via their private client line. Price comparison websites are a blunt instrument with max value of around 19,999. This is because above this value the underwriter will need to take a view. Therefore it's a case of getting on the phone the old fashioned way. Same if not more money if you want to insure a panigale r at 45,000 with same online limitations and silly premiums. Try the 3 companies I've named above and Im sure you'll get 3 quotes under a grand. Not cheap but not the 5-7£k scaremongering.

Chris

·
Registered
220 Posts
Obviously going with Kawasaki's insurance seems to be the best choice. The prices in that article are ridiculous. Are you guys saying that it is cheaper if you actually see the insurance agents in person though? That would be comforting and would make more sense too because those prices are crazy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There are no comprehensive insurance for bike in hong kong.

The insurance (third party) is hk$1,000.00(30% ncb/ncd)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, Carole Nash insured me for little more than my modified Hayabusa, an acquaintance went to Kawasaki Insurance.

Just seen that the first couple of H2 crashes have happened. That won't improve future quotations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great advice guys - I too had a quote from MCE for £7,183 (Carol Nash could not quote). Kawasaki £734. Key here is the "Value" question - I stupidly said £22k (purchase price) - when I dropped this to £19k then got the right sort of numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Kawasaki was $5000 here in the US for a 59 year old rider. I did run my 19 year old's info and it was $12,000 per year. "Sorry son, you can't ride my H2 unless you can afford the insurance."

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found Kawasaki to be the cheapest provider, around £780 for a four bike policy, just hope the H2 turns up in the next few weeks as promised.
Been with Carole Nash for years but didn't find them very helpful this time as they wouldn't quote until I had the bike, and the rough price they quoted was higher than Kawasaki, which considering I should get a discount with them on the classics I had through the VJMC was not very good.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Great advice guys - I too had a quote from MCE for £7,183 (Carol Nash could not quote). Kawasaki £734. Key here is the "Value" question - I stupidly said £22k (purchase price) - when I dropped this to £19k then got the right sort of numbers.

The only problem with valuing it at £19,000 to get a quotation is if you ever have to make a claim. They are going to refuse the claim because you undervalued the bike.

The "helpful" person who accepted your valuation works on commission !!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Im lucky that one of my best mates works as a insurance broker, so i got the insurance at 'mates rates'.. what wouldve been a $1800 aus dollar a year insurance, is only $1300 a year.. which for a 28 year old on his second bike and only one insured, i think is alright...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Luckily, or maybe not so lucky, I can't ride for a few months out of the year due to the weather so my insurance is only around $1400-$1500. My insurance company changes the package to only cover fire and theft during the colder months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts