Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend anywhere to source insurance for the Ninja H2 in the UK? I'm getting nervous as I've only managed to get one quote so far, which was over £5k for fully comprehensive cover. The other insurance brokers I've tried have all had to refer to the underwriters and I'm awaiting feedback on Monday. I've also tried getting quotes online but this seems to be a non starter. I expected the insurance to be more expensive than my current bikes but not about twenty times greater! Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeh I've been down that road too and also came up with the 5k quote ! I also did a search on Asda's site and nothing came up then I got an email from Asda suggesting MCN could do it for about £300 ...... I haven't followed it up yet so non the wiser.

Trying on line seems to be a waste of time as they either haven't got the bike on their list or they tell you they can't quote and you have to ring.

My dealer mentioned it to the Kawi rep and he said try Kawasaki Insurance as he reckons they'll be reasonable.

As yet I'm same as you, no insurance and mildly concerned. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You need to move down to my neck of the woods - I was going to put the H2 onto my motor trade policy (no additional premium) but thought I would get a quote in my own name just to see how much it would be.

I'm 50, clean licence, no accidents or convictions for 8 years but zero no claims as I've not had insurance in my own name for a few years - and the premium for an unlimited cc fully comprehensive rider policy with £50 excess was £128 a year :):):):):):):):):)

·
Registered
208 Posts
You need to move down to my neck of the woods - I was going to put the H2 onto my motor trade policy (no additional premium) but thought I would get a quote in my own name just to see how much it would be.

I'm 50, clean licence, no accidents or convictions for 8 years but zero no claims as I've not had insurance in my own name for a few years - and the premium for an unlimited cc fully comprehensive rider policy with £50 excess was £128 a year :):):):):):):):):)
With who ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I'm also interested in who quoted the £128.00. I'm 47, with no convictions, held a full licence since 1986 and currently have four years no claims. My current policy for my Fireblade and GSXR 750 is £300+ with all mods declared. I called Kawasaki Insrance on Friday and I'm now awaiting a quote as they too need to contact the underwriter. I've only enquired about fully comprehensive policies so far and I'm reluctant to go for TPFT as I don't fancy the risk. I can't believe I've been waiting for six months for the H2 to arrive and now face the prospect of being unable to insure it. Fingers crossed I get something sorted next week. I will give MCN a call on Monday.

·
Registered
577 Posts
With who ?
Went through a local insurance broker - all done over the phone but have details at work. It's not really comparable to the UK as we are considered a very low risk area by the insurance companies. Bike doesn't need to be garaged overnight, no alarm or security needed .............

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, made some progress with the H2 insurance today. Best quote so far is £815.00 fully comprehensive for the H2 alone or £948.00 with my 'blade & GSXR included also, albeit the H2 would need to be fitted with a Road Angel tracker at a further £299.00. Still seems a bit steep so the search continues.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, made some progress with the H2 insurance today. Best quote so far is £815.00 fully comprehensive for the H2 alone or £948.00 with my 'blade & GSXR included also, albeit the H2 would need to be fitted with a Road Angel tracker at a further £299.00. Still seems a bit steep so the search continues.
I suppose it's better than the only previous quote :-(

Who was that with ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
have you tried going with any small insurance companies, companies aside from the big mainstream ones?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, that quote was from Kawasaki Insurance. I've not tried any of the smaller insurance companies yet but any suggestions are welcome. By the time I add the Road Angel then a years subscription, the total will still be over £1300.00, which seems excessive to me. I think my delivery is still a few weeks away so I've still got some time to do some further research.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

I'd appreciate knowing who that was with too. My current insurer (Carole Nash) had trouble finding cover for my modified Hayabusa. Even from insurers who claim "we will insure your modified bike". Their idea of modified seems to be an aftermarket end-can. As soon as you mention blueprinted engine, Yoshimura cams, Ohlins, Brembo, Akrapovic etc they panic. They did eventually get me an acceptable quote but it was higher than my ZZR1400 with all the Brock's kit fitted. I will be calling them pretty soon for H2 cover so any information would be helpful.

·
Registered
577 Posts

With who ?
Went through a local insurance broker - all done over the phone but have details at work. It's not really comparable to the UK as we are considered a very low risk area by the insurance companies. Bike doesn't need to be garaged overnight, no alarm or security needed .............
Spoke to the broker today - it's a french insurer they use and they have negotiated some favourable rates based upon the claims profile here in Jersey. The combination of a low speed limit, essentially no bike theft (apart from the odd moped) and major accidents are very few and far between.

Accordingly they view us as very low risk and this is reflected in the premiums.

Not going to be the same for you guys in the UK I am afraid !

·
Registered
208 Posts
Went to the local Insurance Broker in my neck of the woods today. They did a bit of searching round and the best they came up with so far is £1200 but the bike must have a Tracker fitted.

So at the moment it looks like Kawasaki is leading the bid and a Tracker being fitted could be a specific requirement for most insurers.

It's interesting that Kawasaki would include other bikes as when I spoke to Carole Nash they said the H2 would have to be insured on its own due to the value.

Again, Kawasaki is leading the bid as I have a Street Triple to insure aswell.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Went to the local Insurance Broker in my neck of the woods today. They did a bit of searching round and the best they came up with so far is £1200 but the bike must have a Tracker fitted.

So at the moment it looks like Kawasaki is leading the bid and a Tracker being fitted could be a specific requirement for most insurers.

It's interesting that Kawasaki would include other bikes as when I spoke to Carole Nash they said the H2 would have to be insured on its own due to the value.

Again, Kawasaki is leading the bid as I have a Street Triple to insure aswell.
The UK Kawasaki Insurance is managed and run by a company called Ramasis Limited. So I'm assuming that they are a broker and the cover will be from one of the usual Lloyds companies?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
UK Insurance

Carole Nash got back to me today with a quote for the H2. I'm replacing a modified Hayabusa which I had on cover with them that's got several months left on its policy. The quote was £190 to change. Bear in mind they always add £40 or £50 for any changes so I'm reasonably happy with that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Carole Nash got back to me today with a quote for the H2. I'm replacing a modified Hayabusa which I had on cover with them that's got several months left on its policy. The quote was £190 to change. Bear in mind they always add £40 or £50 for any changes so I'm reasonably happy with that.
What do you estimate the yearly fee to be ...... roughly ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just spoke to Carole Nash today as they hadn't called me back as agreed. They had some further questions regarding fire protection in my garage, which is the first time been asked about that and whether I'd be willing to insure all three bikes on a single policy, which is what I'm after anyway. No mention of any requirement to fit a tracker yet. I've to call back tomorrow for an update.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What do you estimate the yearly fee to be ...... roughly ?
Well, I paid £393 last October for the modified Hayabusa, fully comp' for the year.
They want £190 to change to the H2 for the remaining seven-and-a-half months. That quote's valid for thirty days. Hopefully the H2's will be here by then.

I would imagine the twelve month premium will be around £700 but that's just a guess. I have no recent claims or convictions, the bike will have a tracker fitted and be kept in a locked and secure garage.

My Kawasaki dealer said that Kawasaki Insurance were getting some favourable quotes, I will stay with Carole Nash for now but might shop around this autumn when the renewal is due.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was talking to MCE and the first quote came in at something over £5k !!

However, the girl was really helpful and started playing around with the figures. There's a cut off at £20k above which some companies start talking stupid numbers. She put the value in as £20k and it came back at about £520 and that was including my Street Triple on the same policy ! Might be the way to go.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was talking to MCE and the first quote came in at something over £5k !!

However, the girl was really helpful and started playing around with the figures. There's a cut off at £20k above which some companies start talking stupid numbers. She put the value in as £20k and it came back at about £520 and that was including my Street Triple on the same policy ! Might be the way to go.

Food for thought.
Also Kawasaki came back with £851 for just the H2 (that's if I get a Datatool TrackKing fitted). If I got a Road Angel instead the price goes down to £744.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts